how can you call it a steakhouse and not serve a porterhouse?

H82seaUgo

Don't complain about selection. There's fried chicken and meatloaf at the MDR now! ;)

Seriously, I agree. I loved that 24 oz cut. That's what I USED to order!

Don't complain about selection. There's fried chicken and meatloaf at the MDR now! ;)

Seriously, I agree. I loved that 24 oz cut. That's what I USED to order!

You might want to remember that other nationalities board Carnival. My South American grandfather insisted on fried chicken as his first meal every time he visited his children and grandchildren in the US. He lived in an area where beef and seafood were readily available, but chicken was considered a very special treat.

The steakhouse would seem ridiculous to him, because he could get steak at any time back home.

yet they changed the name from supper club?

and the raised the price.

come on carnival! bring back the porterhouse!

I kinda agree with you. I had the porterhouse a couple of times. To me it was just bragging rights eating the big bastard. I enjoy the other cuts much better and don't feel over stuffed. I am probably in the minority in this but I thought the filet was much better. But the cutbacks suck, that I agree with.

I wonder how many people actually finished it when it was offered? I couldn't eat 24 oz of meat if you had a gun to my head. :o

I'm not supporting the decision, but I do wonder if there was a lot of waste associated with the porterhouse.

I was a fan of the porterhouse , and I think there was probaly 16 to 18 oz of meat once u discard the bone

But I still enjoy the rib eye ! And eat there at least twice a week

I agree hard to call it a steakhouse without a Porterhouse. I do think the cut was much bigger than it should have been but that is my favorite cut of steak. Not for bragging rights as i never attempted to eat it all.

I kinda agree with you. I had the porterhouse a couple of times. To me it was just bragging rights eating the big bastard. I enjoy the other cuts much better and don't feel over stuffed. I am probably in the minority in this but I thought the filet was much better. But the cutbacks suck, that I agree with.

The porterhouse was good. Not as good as the 32 ounce prime rib we have at the local restaurant.

cant miss what I've never had. And I love a good ribeye and the one I had at the "steakhouse" or whatever you want to call it was more than worth my money. And they can call it a steak house or dog house...dont care. If I think I'm getting my money's worth, I'll go back.

Archived