Future Carnival vacation Certificate

So if I buy one on my upcoming cruise (assuming they're sold on my ship) exactly how is it decided how much OBC I'll receive on my next cruise? I thought it was the amount of the FCC? But a PP mentioned it was between $50 + $250?

you spend $100 which when you book they will apply to your cruise and some act like thats a discount, when its just getting your own $100 back.

here is carnival's explanation.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 USD per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 USD per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 USD per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 USD per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

• Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

Can you buy the FCC in someone else's name even tho you pay for it on your CC? We may want to book two cabins on a future cruise, one for us and one for, say, another family member. On our current cruise, then, can we buy two future cruise certificates...one for us and one in the other family member's name so both certificates can be applied when we book that future cruise?

If you know that you will be cruising worth doing this. They seem to be enforcing their rules now in only allowing for future cruise not one already booked.

I have not booked the February 3, 2013 cruise yet because I know I can not book a cruise before I buy the FCC.

I was just hopping I could get it on the Glory in July.Then book the February cruise.

I just now (within 7 days) had my FCC applied to an existing reservation (Sept). I processed it electronically on the CCL website and I'm booked through a TA.

Please don't send it in...apply it on line.

Can you buy the FCC in someone else's name even tho you pay for it on your CC? We may want to book two cabins on a future cruise, one for us and one for, say, another family member. On our current cruise, then, can we buy two future cruise certificates...one for us and one in the other family member's name so both certificates can be applied when we book that future cruise?

See my link in the post above yours for more info.

No, they are nontransferable.. however if you book onboard, you can get two free friends and family certs to give out for booking two more cabins.

1st Promotion/Offer

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* USD per stateroom.

The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

PS they do have to book the same exact cruise you booked onboard, and I believe they only have 60 days to book it after you book.

you spend $100 which when you book they will apply to your cruise and some act like thats a discount, when its just getting your own $100 back.

here is carnival's explanation.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 USD per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 USD per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 USD per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 USD per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

• Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

Well that's about as clear as mud. As a solo cruiser, the $100 FCC would just apply to balance of my next cruise? I thought there was supposed to be some sort of savings benefit to the program. Or I would have $100 towards my balance + $100 OBC? I'm not looking for hand outs but a solo I'll take any savings I can get.

Well that's about as clear as mud. As a solo cruiser, the $100 FCC would just apply to balance of my next cruise? I thought there was supposed to be some sort of savings benefit to the program. Or I would have $100 towards my balance + $100 OBC? I'm not looking for hand outs but a solo I'll take any savings I can get.

Yes, you are getting $100 OBC over your initial $100 investment towards the cruise balance - $200 total.

I just now (within 7 days) had my FCC applied to an existing reservation (Sept). I processed it electronically on the CCL website and I'm booked through a TA.

Please don't send it in...apply it on line.

Not sure what you mean by "within 7 days..." Are you saying you see the OBC on your cruise documents or that you submitted it electronically and it appeared to go through? I've read that it will appear to go through but people have posted they later received an email that it was rejected since the FCC was purchased after the cruise was booked. If you actually see the OBC on your cruise documents then you lucked out!

there is no discount, for solos or anyone else.

The $100 you get back is your own $100 you paid for the FCC.

The ONLY benefit to a FCC is the OBC.

Hey, be glad you get the full OBC.. we had to fight for this.. used to be solos got half and half the OBC for stock OBC.. it took us a year and a half after they started this to argue for solos getting the full OBC.

It used to take $5 in postage, you had to mail them in certifiied mail.. and for a 5 day cruise, I was only getting $25 in OBC.. at least now I get the full $50 OBC and dont have to mail them in snail mail.

I think what made Carnival cave into solos finally getting the whole OBC was when they took away the 150% 1As we used to be allowed to book.. soon after that we said, if we have to pay 200%, its not fair we get half the OBC on everything, and Carnival changed it about then.

Be grateful no postage now and full OBC.

Hey, be glad you get the full OBC.. we had to fight for this.. used to be solos got half and half the OBC for stock OBC.. it took us a year and a half after they started this to argue for solos getting the full OBC.

I've read this before. That's so ridiculous. I'm glad they finally backed down from that decision!

Yes, you are getting $100 OBC over your initial $100 investment towards the cruise balance - $200 total.

Thanks for clarifying. Given how little I spend on my S&S this would definitely be a very nice benefit for me. At least us solos get something for paying a 200% single supplement!

Thanks for clarifying. Given how little I spend on my S&S this would definitely be a very nice benefit for me. At least us solos get something for paying a 200% single supplement!

Looks like we cross posted.

You do get you are getting $100 OBC and your own $100 applied that he is counting as getting $200 total.

I count that as getting $100 OBC (not $200 total as the above poster says) .. if $100 is my own money. I count that as getting $100 OBC nothing more and nothing less...$100 is what I paid being applied to my final payment, my own money... so the benefit to me is $100, not $200, you only get $200 OBC for cruises 12 days or longer.

And thats only one cruises 7 to 11 days .. on shorter cruises .. all you get is $50 OBC .. plus they apply YOUR OWN $100 TOWARD THE CRUISE.

You get nothing extra as a solo, but you do get the same as any other booking.

We always buy 2 at a time, I get 1 in my name and 1 in my wife's name. We have used both of ours and sounds like we cant get anymore on the Sensation. Have to wait until the Breeze!

Ive bought 5 at a time and had a stack at home.. there is no limit to how many you can buy at a time.. you just can only apply one to each booking. I like having them at home convenient.

I had 8 to 10 here at one time.

It makes no sense that they are available on some ships and not on others.

Heald said it's due to lack of staff. That's hard to comprehend. With hundreds of crew members onboard, how hard is it to train a couple on each ship to sell them. I would guess one hour's training would be sufficient. Simplest solution would be to sell them at the Purser's Desk.

Could this be the beginning of totally phasing out the certifcates in the same way the Farewell Party was phased out for "lack of interest?"

to me if Im getting $100 OBC and then a refund of my own cost.. Im only getting $100 OBC benefit.

Yes you are correct. I was just trying to let the previous poster, who was confused, know he was not just getting back the $100 initial investment.

It makes no sense that they are available on some ships and not on others.

Heald said it's due to lack of staff. That's hard to comprehend. With hundreds of crew members onboard, how hard is it to train a couple on each ship to sell them. I would guess one hour's training would be sufficient. Simplest solution would be to sell them at the Purser's Desk.

Could this be the beginning of totally phasing out the certifcates in the same way the Farewell Party was phased out for "lack of interest?"

I heard that they don't sell them on the Victory as those cruises are out of San Juan with many locals on board who did not need the FCC. Therefore waste of money having a well trained (or not so well trained from the sound of it) associate on board to sell them.

there is no discount, for solos or anyone else.

The $100 you get back is your own $100 you paid for the FCC.

The ONLY benefit to a FCC is the OBC.

It used to take $5 in postage, you had to mail them in certifiied mail.. and for a 5 day cruise, I was only getting $25 in OBC.. at least now I get the full $50 OBC and dont have to mail them in snail mail.

I think what made Carnival cave into solos finally getting the whole OBC was when they took away the 150% 1As we used to be allowed to book.. soon after that we said, if we have to pay 200%, its not fair we get half the OBC on everything, and Carnival changed it about then.

Be grateful no postage now and full OBC.

I agree. It was so unfair for solos only getting half the OBC.

Also don't forget on cruises over 12 days it is $200 OBC.

Most of my cruises are longer cruises.

I heard that they don't sell them on the Victory as those cruises are out of San Juan with many locals on board who did not need the FCC. Therefore waste of money having a well trained (or not so well trained from the sound of it) associate on board to sell them.

If that is indeed the case, it sure sounds discriminatory.

Why should residents of Puerto Rico be denied a benefit gven to everyone else?

They are not sold on 4 ships: Carnival Victory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation

It has nothing to do with where the ship is embarking from or the cruisers on it. It has to do with the Carnival Staff available and the computer system installed onboard.

On all these ships you can still get a certificate. For these four ships you need to contact Carnival within 7 days of disembarking to purchase a Future Carnival Vacation (FCV) Certificate.

They are not sold on 4 ships: Carnival Victory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation

It has nothing to do with where the ship is embarking from or the cruisers on it. It has to do with the Carnival Staff available and the computer system installed onboard.

On all these ships you can still get a certificate. For these four ships you need to contact Carnival within 7 days of disembarking to purchase a Future Carnival Vacation (FCV) Certificate.

Not any more. They have stopped this.

Perhaps they have a quota to sell and these ships don't reach the quota.

I also read its down to only 3 ships that still do not sell them.

When I started to buy them.. you could only buy them on 4 ships. This program only rolled out a couple of years ago.

Luckily for me Conquest was one of those ships, and I cruised on Conquest a lot of times.

Archived