Future Carnival vacation Certificate

Can I buy a "future Carnival vacation certificate" on the Carnival Glory???

I know you can only buy them on certain Carnival ship.:confused:

I know I can buy one on the Carnival Dream but I would like to get it before that cruise.

I am looking at a cruise on February 3, 2013. I like to book under "early saver", if I wait until september 29, 2012 to get the certificate

while I'm on carnival Dream, it will be to late to book under "early saver" for a February 3, 2013 cruise.

I know I can buy one on the Carnival Dream but I would like to get it before that cruise.

I am looking at a cruise on February 3, 2013. I like to book under "early saver", if I wait until september 29, 2012 to get the certificate

while I'm on carnival Dream, it will be to late to book under "early saver" for a February 3, 2013 cruise.

Just to clarify .. the FCC terms say they cannot be applied to already booked cruises.. only ones you book in the future.

So, you might have to choose .. ES and book now without the FCC or wait and get the FCC and not be able to book ES.

Just to clarify .. the FCC terms say they cannot be applied to already booked cruises.. only ones you book in the future.

So, you might have to choose .. ES and book now without the FCC or wait and get the FCC and not be able to book ES.

Looks like the OP has two cruises booked and wants to know if she can get an FCC on the Glory--that would be in time to book her February cruise at the ES rate. She said the September cruise is too late. I think she's just trying to make sure she can get one on the Glory to take advantage of it for her February cruise.

I don't know what these are? I assume they are a "deal" If you get one can you redeem it through a TA or just through Carnival?

A Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is a prepayment of $100 for a future cruise. After you purchase one (you will get the form in your cabin later that evening) you use it when you book your next cruise as long as you book it within 2 years. When you book it and use the FCC, your deposit stays the same but they deduct the $100 you paid for it from your final payment amount (be aware, you cannot pay for it by having it put onto you S&S account, you must use cash or a credit card and pay for it at the time of order). The reason to buy one is that you also get an OBC on the cruise you use it on of $50 - $200 depending on how long a cruise you book. Also, if you find you cannot book a cruise within the 2 year time frame, you can cancel the FCC and get your $100 refunded to you (as long as you do it within the two years).

Going on the Victory out of SJU in October. Can I buy FCC on the Victory? Have bought them on the Miracle.

2012- Carnival Victory – Oct. – S. Caribbean

2012 – Carnival Miracle – April – E. Caribbean

2012 – Carnival Conquest – Feb. – W. Caribbean

2011 – Westerdam HAL – Dec. – E. Caribbean

2011 – Nieuw Amsterdam HAL – Oct. – Mediterranean

2011- Carnival Miracle – May – E. Caribbean

2010 – Nieuw Amsterdam HAL - Dec.- W. Caribbean

2010 – Celebrity Summit – Sept. - Bermuda

2010 – Serenade of the Seas - March - S. Caribbean

2009 – Crown Princess – W. Caribbean

2009 – Golden Princess - Alaska - Inside Passage

2009 – Coral Princess - Panama Canal Transit

2008 – Caribbean Princess - New Eng. & Canada

2008 – Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean

2007 – Explorer of the Seas - W. Caribbean

2006 – Golden Princess - S. Caribbean

2004 – Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean

2002 – Star Princess - Mexican Riviera

2002 – Dawn Princess - S. Caribbean

2000 – Carnival Inspiration - S. Caribbean

1999 – Carnival Paradise - W. Caribbean

1996 – Majesty (private) - Key West

1989 – Sovereign of the Seas - E. Caribbean

A Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is a prepayment of $100 for a future cruise. After you purchase one (you will get the form in your cabin later that evening) you use it when you book your next cruise as long as you book it within 2 years. When you book it and use the FCC, your deposit stays the same but they deduct the $100 you paid for it from your final payment amount (be aware, you cannot pay for it by having it put onto you S&S account, you must use cash or a credit card and pay for it at the time of order). The reason to buy one is that you also get an OBC on the cruise you use it on of $50 - $200 depending on how long a cruise you book. Also, if you find you cannot book a cruise within the 2 year time frame, you can cancel the FCC and get your $100 refunded to you (as long as you do it within the two years).

If you know that you will be cruising worth doing this. They seem to be enforcing their rules now in only allowing for future cruise not one already booked.

One clarification: in addition to booking within two years, you must sail within three years.

We just bought one on Glory last weekend. BTW, we had a FABULOUS cruise. It was so nice driving to the port and not having to fly.

Except for purchasers who reside in NH (which I believe the OP is based on location at the top of his/her post.) and CA. By state law, the FCCs cannot expire.

We live in NH and I now have two in my possession and love that fact that I can use them many years from now if so desired.

Cash is not accepted for the purchase of FCCs. When we bought ours last week, I filled out the form and was told that it would get charged to our credit card by the time I received the FCC, which was the next day. It was not on our S&S account; it will show up as a separate charge on our credit card statement.

Thanks for explaining it to me. Can I use it toward a cruise with a travel agent or just carnival directly?

Going on the Victory out of SJU in October. Can I buy FCC on the Victory? Have bought them on the Miracle.

Not sold on the Victory.

Thanks for explaining it to me. Can I use it toward a cruise with a travel agent or just carnival directly?

Both.

I have not booked the February 3, 2013 cruise yet because I know I can not book a cruise before I buy the FCC.

I was just hopping I could get it on the Glory in July.Then book the February cruise.

We just bought one on Glory last weekend. BTW, we had a FABULOUS cruise. It was so nice driving to the port and not having to fly.

Except for purchasers who reside in NH (which I believe the OP is based on location at the top of his/her post.) and CA. By state law, the FCCs cannot expire.

We live in NH and I now have two in my possession and love that fact that I can use them many years from now if so desired.

Yes I live in NH. Thank you for that information.

Cash is not accepted for the purchase of FCCs. When we bought ours last week, I filled out the form and was told that it would get charged to our credit card by the time I received the FCC, which was the next day. It was not on our S&S account; it will show up as a separate charge on our credit card statement.

Did not know cash was no longer accepted. Bought mine back in 2011 and was told either cash or CC (I used CC of course). I could see where this could be a problem for those with cash S&S accounts because they probably don't have a CC with them and as we both stated, it cannot be put onto your S&S account.

Did not know cash was no longer accepted. Bought mine back in 2011 and was told either cash or CC (I used CC of course). I could see where this could be a problem for those with cash S&S accounts because they probably don't have a CC with them and as we both stated, it cannot be put onto your S&S account.

The reason they dont accept cash is if you decide later to have it refunded, they dont want to send you cash or a check.. they just refund the credit card that it was purchased with.

Same reason they dont allow you to purchase them on your S&S account. refunds.

I bought mine and just used my room number. They charged it to my card attached to my account.

[GRIPE] On my last cruise I asked the person selling the FCC if I could use it on my next cruise that I have already booked because I had heard that others were doing it. He said yes, he had heard this and that I would not be able to do it online as the web system would see that I had already booked the cruise but to call and talk to my PVP or someone at Carnival could apply it to my already booked cruise coming up. So, I bought 2 FCC, planning on using one in the future and one for the next cruise.

Guess what? I called my PVP and told him that the guy that sold me the FCC said to call and he could apply it for me. He said he would. It came back denied. :confused:

So, I gave up until I saw this thread and thought that others were still getting FCC applied to already existing bookings. I called again and talked to another representative. She was very nice, put me on hold and told me that she might be able to do something. Came back on the line about every 5 minutes saying she was checking and she might try something else. Came back on at the 20 minute mark saying she was getting her supervisor to help. Finally after 30 minutes of being on the phone with her, she says so sorry, can't do it. :mad: I explained to her that the representative on the ship that sold the extra FCC told me to call and it would be applied. Did not matter. Got shot down. Oh well, I tried.

I also asked if my daughter could use one, and she said that if she was under 21 she could but since she is 23, then she would have to get her own. Bummer! I did not realize that only the one who's name is on the FCC can use it. This did not make me happy. [/GRIPE] :cool:

[GRIPE] On my last cruise I asked the person selling the FCC if I could use it on my next cruise that I have already booked because I had heard that others were doing it. [/GRIPE] :cool:

You are not the first person to say that the reps on the ships are not well trained and give out bad info.

The terms on the back of the FCC state in the terms they can only be used for future cruises (not booked cruises).

Sorry, .. there was a time when the FCCs had to be snail mailed expensive postage and all that .. back then they allowed them to be applied to already booked cruises.. now they do follow the rules stated on the back of your FCC.

I heard a FCC agent telling people sure.. if you book you can get price drops until your cruise leaves .. not a word that it was only ES. I told him and he was like .. well Ill have to look into that.. what?? :eek:

So if I buy one on my upcoming cruise (assuming they're sold on my ship) exactly how is it decided how much OBC I'll receive on my next cruise? I thought it was the amount of the FCC? But a PP mentioned it was between $50 + $250?

So if I buy one on my upcoming cruise (assuming they're sold on my ship) exactly how is it decided how much OBC I'll receive on my next cruise? I thought it was the amount of the FCC? But a PP mentioned it was between $50 + $250?

It depends on the length of the cruise. I've used them on 4-day ($50 OBC), 7-day ($100 OBC), and 12-day ($200 OBC). They range from $50 to $200 (not $250). They're a great deal--If you go on a 7-day cruise, you double you money. :D

Archived