I feel really silly but,

I booked our very first B2B in April of 2011 just as soon as I could. We leave in February of 2013. I check our reservation every couple of days and now I can purchase a beverage package!! I feel so happy! It makes the cruise feel so much closer. So, am I crazy? Be honest but be kind ok? :o

Its normal.... we all do it, just not all admit it. Its called PCE (Pre-Cruise Excitement), much easier to deal with than the PCD (Post Cruise Depression). The remedy for the PCD is to do an on-board booking!

There's also PCD as Pre-Cruise Depression. That's when you've booked a cruise, but you're depressed that it's so far away. The cure for this is also to book another cruise, except this one is sooner.

Don't forget FPE - Final Payment Excitement :D

Wife' gets very excited spending my money.

The only way to keep her from going completely crazy is to always have several cruises booked.;)

I booked our very first B2B in April of 2011 just as soon as I could. We leave in February of 2013. I check our reservation every couple of days and now I can purchase a beverage package!! I feel so happy! It makes the cruise feel so much closer. So, am I crazy? Be honest but be kind ok? :o

Congrats! Very exciting! (PS - we're practically neighbors! :) )

I accept the fact I am weird and kind of quirky. But being this excited about purchasing an 8 pack of water seemed, well, strange even for me :rolleyes: Good to know there are like minded folks that understand!

Wife' gets very excited spending my money.

The only way to keep her from going completely crazy is to always have several cruises booked.;)

We always have to have one booked too. The GF and I actually split the cost of our next one though. Her first was in January - she's so hooked! :)

There is a 5 step program:

1.Caribbean;

2.Alaska;

3.Mediterranean;

4.Hawaii; &

5.Bermuda.

If this doesn't work, REPEAT.

Uh oh...that really scares me! :eek: Look at my cruises that I have booked!! How did you know?? Actually, the Mediterranean is sounding pretty good.....;)

My name is Debi and I'm a cruiseaholic.......:o

It's not silly at all, I love all the pre-planning and research I do for a cruise! I need to have one booked or at least in the planning process almost immediately after every cruise. And then I break up the time until the next cruise into chunks so it doesn't seem so long...kind of like setting milestones ;)

Oh yes...waiting for the cruise is almost......almost half the fun!

WE have a B2B in September and are now dieting and counting the days!

Frequently asking one another "So what is it your looking forward to the most? "

I get excited knowing the car is packed and we are headed for the port. Get reallt excited when I first see the ship from the car!!!

Welcome to the obession! It seems like in every family there is one obsessive planner and in my opinion, the rest of the family ususally thanks you for the work. So where and what ship?

Not crazy at all! Every little milestone is celebrated in my house (at least by me...my daughters call me obsessed!)!

We both used the term obsessed and I celebrate every milestone, I see you have a few milestones to go, it really does help pass the time.

Not crazy at all. Reading these boards is half the fun of cruising. I am trying to talk husband into planning another cruise for next year. He is not interested, but any thoughts on how to get him to WANT to cruise again? His problem is that he hates to get on and off at the different ports because they limit his time.

Shorbr, I book our cruises then tell DH we are going and the dates, We don't cruise a lot but after our Hawaii in 08, he said we probably won't cruise for awhile, in the meantime I continue to book averaging 1 every 2 yrs and he is still going.:) He repeated the "I doubt we will cruise again after our Oct TA", now have booked our first Australia cruise for 2014, guess what, yep he is going again:D

Shorbr, I book our cruises then tell DH we are going and the dates, We don't cruise a lot but after our Hawaii in 08, he said we probably won't cruise for awhile, in the meantime I continue to book averaging 1 every 2 yrs and he is still going.:) He repeated the "I doubt we will cruise again after our Oct TA", now have booked our first Australia cruise for 2014, guess what, yep he is going again:D

This happens often, he doesn't recognize/admit that he is a cruise addict. The first step to treatment is admitting you have a problem! lol

Archived