Juneau bus to Mendenhall??

chris2597

We took the bus to Mendenhall Glacier the last time we were in Juneau. i think it was about 8.00 pp each way. We walked from the port to the bus station...just a little way from the ship. Is this still available?

We took the bus to Mendenhall Glacier the last time we were in Juneau. i think it was about 8.00 pp each way. We walked from the port to the bus station...just a little way from the ship. Is this still available?

Try typing "bus to Mendenhall" into Google and you will get lots of hits w your answer.

DON

Yes, there were shuttle buses available a short walk from the pier. The cost was $8 each way. I did this two weeks ago. Worked out fine.

Our tour drops us off there. Can you by a one way shuttle back to the pier there or do you have to by it at the booth at the pier?

You can buy a return ticket direct from the bus driver.

The Mendenhall SHUTTLE buses pick up at the parking lot next to the tram.

The CITY bus, has a bus stop down Franklin a couple blocks from the Red Dog, and across the street. This then drops you off a mile+ from the visitor center, and doesn't run frequently. Usually once per hour.

We took the blue bus to Mendenhall two weeks ago. It was $8 and very convenient. We did find that the Visitors Center was very crowded and when we went back to the bus stop a line had formed waiting for the bus. We were fine on time so it was not a problem. Another bus came along in about 10 minutes. If you are in port for a limited time, just leave enough time to get back to the ship.

I believe I've read that the shuttle stops running pretty early. One poster said they took a cab back to the pier? Are the cabs readily available at the glacier visitors center?

I was there two weeks ago and didn't see any taxis near the Visitors' Center. I am not saying they aren't available, but I didn't see them. I think the last shuttle bus pickup is at 6:00 p.m.

I believe I've read that the shuttle stops running pretty early. One poster said they took a cab back to the pier? Are the cabs readily available at the glacier visitors center?

No, there is NO cab line at Mendenhall. You will have to call for a pick up. I suggest if a possibility of you needing one, to have the phone numbers.

Archived