Limo Rental FLL>POM with stop

ComeSailWithME

Good Morning,

We are flying into FLL, arriving at 9:30 am the day of the cruise and sailing out of POM. We are looking for a limo service to pick us up from FLL, stop at a Walmart/KMart/whatever type of store for carry-on goodies and than dropping us off at the port. Any reliable economical (under $150) suggestions?

Do I request an airport transfer only and then ask the driver the day of to make the stop? Or do I call and tell them what I would like to do?

Thanks!

Not sure why so many people want to keep these stops secret? Are you thinking the limo will just give you this extra time for free?

If you are booking a limo, you tell them where you want to go. It is the fair and right thing to do, as you need to agree on a time and price for the limo service, and the limo service needs to know how long it's limo will be committed to you.

:confused: I never said anything about keeping it a secret.. just not sure what 'service' to request.

I went through the reservation process with limos.com for a Lincoln town car and it had a section for stops and the stops don't cost anything. I wasn't aware of that when I first posted this.

Anyhow, I am looking for recommendations on services to use as well.

:confused: I never said anything about keeping it a secret.. just not sure what 'service' to request.

I went through the reservation process with limos.com for a Lincoln town car and it had a section for stops and the stops don't cost anything. I wasn't aware of that when I first posted this.

Anyhow, I am looking for recommendations on services to use as well.

This one is mentioned often on this board.

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

Again, they normally charge by the hour.

Keith

I saw your post before you edited it. They do show they have private car service.

I have seen recommendations for them on the board.

Keith

I know, I got to that on the site that's why I edited it :) But thanks again, I am waiting to hear back from them about a quote.

Not sure why so many people want to keep these stops secret?

Because quite frankly it isn't the dispatcher's business. When you book a limo, its by the hour. The estimates they give you on the phone is based on typical travel and wait times. The driver will warn you if and when you will go over your allotted time.

Where you go and what you do is between you and the driver.

Because quite frankly it isn't the dispatcher's business. When you book a limo, its by the hour. The estimates they give you on the phone is based on typical travel and wait times. The driver will warn you if and when you will go over your allotted time.

Where you go and what you do is between you and the driver.

I disagree. In many places, with many companies, you can book a "Airport-Port" run, also known as a point to point transfer. The limo company allots X time, and doesn't expect any stops. Then you say I need to buy stuff for the cruise, and you have changed your agreement.

On the other hand, if you say I want Y hours in the limo, yes, you are right, it isn't the dispatcher's business.

^ Agreed, Bruce.

...When you book a limo, its by the hour....

Disagree, from experience. Our trip between FLL and the POM was a flat rate, certainly not by the hour. Had we wanted to stop we would have been charged and paid for that accordingly, but not all limos are charged hourly.

^ Agreed, Bruce.

Disagree, from experience. Our trip between FLL and the POM was a flat rate, certainly not by the hour. Had we wanted to stop we would have been charged and paid for that accordingly, but not all limos are charged hourly.

Just about everyone I've ever taken is hourly but I suppose there are some that are not.

Anyway, when one books a car I would recommend that they understand how the charges work and if they want to stop somewhere that they note this up front when they book the car.

Keith

I booked a limo in October 2011 with Holland Limo for our ride from FLL to South Beach. When I booked we were interested in a stop to pick up "something to drink" and was told that the stop would be an additional $18. We decided that we could wait the 40 mins before we got to South Beach instead of paying anything extra.

Archived