Solo cruiser

Silver sailor

What is X policy regarding solo cruisers?

Does one just pay the same for a cabin as if there were two persons in the same stateroom (double occupancy) or is there some discount applied

Thank You

While people have reported here that they have received discounts, I believe that the majority of the time it is the double occupancy rate minus the port fees for the second person.

It depends on how busy they expect the cruise to be and possibly how close to sail date. I had to pay double on a recent cruise but I understand that can be negotiable sometimes. Give X a call and ask. Good luck.

Does one just pay the same for a cabin as if there were two persons in the same stateroom (double occupancy) or is there some discount applied

Thank You

I just booked my fourth Celebrity cruise, a 2013, Transatlantic, and paid 200%, which I think I have paid for all of them.

I have been sailing solo with Celebrity for 9 years and the policy

is always the same unless there happens to be specials on Tuesday

Happy Hours.

Solos pay double.....200%. Sometimes on The Tuesday specials

you might find supplements at 150% but calling Customer Service

to negotiate a regular cruise? The reps have no authorization to

negotiate anything.

Oh....I don't even look at the SS anymore...haven't for years.

I look at the total price and if that amount is within my pricepoint.

I know the SS is there...that is just the way it is.

Thank You

My Daughter is considering taking an inside cabin near our Veranda solo. You don't pay exactly double. There is a discount (probably since only one person is eating) and taxes are not assessed double.

Call X and they will give you a price quote. My Daughter's inside cabin was going to cost about the same as half of what two persons pay in a Veranda.

My Daughter is considering taking an inside cabin near our Veranda solo. You don't pay exactly double. There is a discount (probably since only one person is eating) and taxes are not assessed double.

Call X and they will give you a price quote. My Daughter's inside cabin was going to cost about the same as half of what two persons pay in a Veranda.

Hi, I should have been more specific....yes, taxes and port charges

are for 1 but everything else is double.

Not sure what kind of you discount you are referring to? Care to share

your information?

I would be interested to know where you are finding this discount info also.

Anne

I would be interested to know where you are finding this discount info also.

Anne

Hi Anne:) after all these years of cruising solo you would think we

would know about any discounts offered, huh? Plus, never heard

of because of the one person eating?....no discount given

to us for that......

Hi, I have to agree with Lois. I've always paid 200% on any cruise with X. I too, look at the total price (double) not the pp rate and if the total price is in my budget, I go for it. :) It is well worth it to me to have a cabin all to myself, I could never share my space with someone! :D But that's me, do what works for you and what you are comfortable with.

Sue

Hi, I have to agree with Lois. I've always paid 200% on any cruise with X. I too, look at the total price (double) not the pp rate and if the total price is in my budget, I go for it. :) It is well worth it to me to have a cabin all to myself, I could never share my space with someone! :D But that's me, do what works for you and what you are comfortable with.

Sue

Hi Sue:) definitely worth it to me as well......but I am curious

when I see postings about discounts...In 30+ cruises the only time

I have seen a lower SS is on the Happy Hour and of course then

you have to be able sail at the time of the special.

Hi Sue:) definitely worth it to me as well......but I am curious

when I see postings about discounts...In 30+ cruises the only time

I have seen a lower SS is on the Happy Hour and of course then

you have to be able sail at the time of the special.

Hi Lois, me too, I've never seen discounts on X, never ever in years! :) Well maybe on the Happy Hour but even then not often and I've never been able to sail at that time either. And believe me, I'm looking early and often!! :D

Sue

Hi, I should have been more specific....yes, taxes and port charges

are for 1 but everything else is double.

Not sure what kind of you discount you are referring to? Care to share

your information?

I think that I found the notes from my conversation with X, but not 100% sure. I think the full price for the inside for two was $3216 and the single rate for the inside was $2650. Please don't rely on this for the sure thing. Our rate for our Veranda was $2109 each, with taxes, etc. was $4444.

This was for the Black Sea and Greek Isles cruise with the Constellation September 2013.

I think that I found the notes from my conversation with X, but not 100% sure. I think the full price for the inside for two was $3216 and the single rate for the inside was $2650. Please don't rely on this for the sure thing. Our rate for our Veranda was $2109 each, with taxes, etc. was $4444.

This was for the Black Sea and Greek Isles cruise with the Constellation September 2013.

Maybe my mind is just not working tonite. So she is paying 2650.00?

That would mean per person is 1325.00 each~take the total and

divide it by 2. So not sure how you get your figures.

Thanks Lois, I am confused also. Maybe we are just missing something?

For me, it is the total that matters. If I am happy with that, than I will go for it. It would just be so nice, once in a while, to get a discount without having to wait for a Tuesday special where the cabins are so limited.

Anne

For me, it is the total that matters. If I am happy with that, than I will go for it. Anne

Same here. Last year I did a 10-nt B2B on Celebrity Millennium and even though my final cruise rate roughly equated to a 200% single supplement surcharge, my DAILY rate came out to be less than $124, which to me really wasn't horrible considering everything I was getting for it. The year before I luckily snagged a balcony on 9-nt Celebrity Mercury at a single supplement of about $100 a day. Not horrible either. And this year I have a short Bermuda cruise booked on Caribbean Princess that comes out to be a staggering $143 a day. A bit expensive but considering I get a day in Bermuda it will probably be worth blowing my budget. ;)

I guess the percentage charged as a supplement for the privilege of cruising as a single is less important than what my per diem rate comes out to be. If I can justify the costs (everything inclusive that I am getting out of it compared to a land vacation), then I go for it. And that is the deciding factor.

Maybe my mind is just not working tonite. So she is paying 2650.00?

That would mean per person is 1325.00 each~take the total and

divide it by 2. So not sure how you get your figures.

As I recall, the per person cost with two persons in the inside cabin would have been $1608 or $3216 for both, while the single rate was $2650.

Archived