Best Loyalty Program

AndyPanda

You will get different opinions on this. In part it depends on which perks a person uses. If someone does not drink alcohol, free drinks are not much of a benefit. If someone takes crusies that don't include tener ports, than priority tendering is not a benefit.

That said, I like the Princess package.

I have to agree with Paul. It all depends on what you want or like. If you are trying to decide which cruise line base on a loyalty package, you may find that you get great benefits but you do not like the line.

I have only been on 2 cruises, both with NCL and a 3rd one booked. That being said, I have some great points built with them already, but I am not totally devoted. I will choose based on what my desires are for that cruise (Where I want to go and how long in port)

Curious-which cruise line do you think has the best loyalty program?

Why?

thanks, Andy

Great question...hope to hear from experienced cruisers.

For us...

RCCL: The nightly cocktail events.

Celebrity: The breakfast (love the mimosas and capuccinos) and again the nightly cocktail event.

Princess: The laundry and bar set-up in your cabin. In addition, Princess' military benefits may be the best. On our recent 14-day cruise to Hawaii, I received a $250 OBC...I shouldn't have told my wife...she spent it all. :)

Great question...hope to hear from experienced cruisers.

For us...

RCCL: The nightly cocktail events.

Celebrity: The breakfast (love the mimosas and capuccinos) and again the nightly cocktail event.

Princess: The laundry and bar set-up in your cabin. In addition, Princess' military benefits may be the best. On our recent 14-day cruise to Hawaii, I received a $250 OBC...I shouldn't have told my wife...she spent it all. :)

It isn't a loyalty benefit, but you can also get an OBC if you own at least 100 shares of Carnival Corp and sail on any of their lines (Carnival, Princess, HAL, Cunard, Costa and others). You can combine this OBC with the Military, FCC and any other OBC. It is the same amount as the Military OBC ($50, $100 or $250 depending on length of cruise).

Actually, I think it's an interesting question too. I hope you get some people to chime in with real opinions instead of just reasons why you can't get real opinions.

From my meager perch, all I can see is that I get a free drink next time on Carny and a free "cocktail party" or some such thing on NCL. It appears Princess considers me Gold after only one cruise, but I'm still looking for one actual benefit from that. Everyone seems to have a pin waiting for me next time I board. Excitement abounds over that.

Jim

Actually, I think it's an interesting question too. I hope you get some people to chime in with real opinions instead of just reasons why you can't get real opinions.

From my meager perch, all I can see is that I get a free drink next time on Carny and a free "cocktail party" or some such thing on NCL. It appears Princess considers me Gold after only one cruise, but I'm still looking for one actual benefit from that. Everyone seems to have a pin waiting for me next time I board. Excitement abounds over that.

Jim

Princess will consider you gold after your first cruise. Like other lines, you get the invite to the repeat customers cocktail party with those fabulous watered down drinks.

After 5 cruises on Princess you get an internet credit. Most people find that takes care of all their internet need.

After 15 cruises, free laundry, minibar setup, prority for tender, same internet credit. Those are the main things I can think of.

Princess will consider you gold after your first cruise. Like other lines, you get the invite to the repeat customers cocktail party with those fabulous watered down drinks.

After 5 cruises on Princess you get an internet credit. Most people find that takes care of all their internet need.

After 15 cruises, free laundry, minibar setup, prority for tender, same internet credit. Those are the main things I can think of.

Thanks, Paul. It's all useful info. Hope Andy thinks so, too.

Jim

Archived