Wooden recliners on Promenade Deck

zahav1

Just breezed through this thread. Who would have ever thought a post about broken chairs would turn so nasty:eek:!

I haven't been spending much time on this board lately, I hope this isn't becoming the "norm"!

Where did I say that I needed to walk by the rail???

I said the deck was blocked completley for people to walk by. :rolleyes:

Then I agree with you. I make sure that if I pull the chairs (not the loungers) up to the railing, that it's in a place where people have plenty of room to walk around.:)

I love, absolutely love the teak, reclining lounges on the Sapphire. And, in all my cruises I have NEVER had anyone block the deck from walking freely nor have I encountered a broken chair. If I did, I'd tell someone and find another one. There's ALWAYS plenty. That always amazes me. There's thounsands of people onboard and I've never found every chair used.

I can't wait until it's my turn in October to fall asleep on the Promenade Deck........Awwwww, nervana!!!!!

Did you say something onboard? I encountered one broken lounger one evening on the deck, and on my way back up to the my cabin, I swung by the Purser's Desk and reported it. It was missing the next day, and reappeared the day after, fixed. With tape, but still, it was fixed. And for the record, in 15 days, that was the only broken chair I encountered.

I'm not sure there's someone on the ship's staff whose job it is to sit in every chair to test that they are in one piece -- it's not exactly ruining my vacation to man up and take some responsibility for reporting issues, instead of just going away, muttering about how standards have fallen and the world is going to Helena Handbasket.

Annie, I agree with you. If I find something not up to par on a cruise I report it. What would be the point of being disappointed and complaining and not trying to get the issue resolved

It seems like less and less Promenade as new ships come on the scene. Dawn/Sea/Sun, Diamond/Sapphire, Coral/Island all with nice wide Promenade decks. Grand class not so grand with narrow Promenade decks and stairs to Emerald deck. New Royal class Promenade deck won't have a means to go all the way around and may even have barriers at various lifeboat stations. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't any deck chairs or loungers on the Royal class Promenade deck.

Oh, I hope not.:eek::eek::eek: I will be sailing on her for 18 days. I hope there are at least some chairs. I do like hanging out on the Promenade deck a few times on a cruise

Just breezed through this thread. Who would have ever thought a post about broken chairs would turn so nasty:eek:!

I haven't been spending much time on this board lately, I hope this isn't becoming the "norm"!

Yep, crazy that it has become a little nasty.

Actually, I think it has always been the norm.

Built by Mitsubishi.

And having had a Mitsubishi as a rental car once, may I say that "upscale" was not exactly the adjective that springs to mind!! I'm short and I'm still trying to stretch out the cramps in my leg! Apparently, they save on spaciousness for promenade decks by scrimping on legroom in their sedans.

I think the Coral/Island are the upscale gems of the fleet, myself. Props to the Frenchies.

I love, absolutely love the teak, reclining lounges on the Sapphire. And, in all my cruises I have NEVER had anyone block the deck from walking freely nor have I encountered a broken chair. If I did, I'd tell someone and find another one. There's ALWAYS plenty. That always amazes me. There's thounsands of people onboard and I've never found every chair used.

I can't wait until it's my turn in October to fall asleep on the Promenade Deck........Awwwww, nervana!!!!!

I love the Promenade deck on the Sapphire. It's probably my favorite place on the ship. I wish all Princess ships had the wide Promenade deck with full loungers instead of chairs.

• 6 years later...