Room Service - how long?

On my last cruise with RC, I did not order room service - all our meals were at WJ or MDR. This time around, I checked the itinerary and realized I booked an excursion that starts very soon after the ship arrives in port (ie ship arrives at 8 am, excursion starts at 9:30). I'd like to order breakfast in the room to save time..

- How long does it take for breakfast room service to arrive?

- do you have to place the order the night before?

- how do we guarantee we are the very first group of people coming off the boat when it docks?

(sorry for the dumb questions, this is my 2nd cruise and tried searching for older threads on this topic).

Thank you!

On my last cruise with RC, I did not order room service - all our meals were at WJ or MDR. This time around, I checked the itinerary and realized I booked an excursion that starts very soon after the ship arrives in port (ie ship arrives at 8 am, excursion starts at 9:30). I'd like to order breakfast in the room to save time..

I will arive at the time you ask

Yes you hang your order form on the door before retiring.

- how do we guarantee we are the very first group of people coming off the boat when it docks?

If it's a ships tour you will have priority. Otherwise you will have to wait.

(sorry for the dumb questions, this is my 2nd cruise and tried searching for older threads on this topic).

Thank you!

See above in red.

There is rarely a long wait to get off the ship (unless you get there before they open the gangway, in that case it gets crowded but the line still moves pretty quickly). Most of the time we can walk right off after the initial crowd dissipates. You'll make it, no worries :)

thanks! how long is the wait usually ? the excursion is through a private party..

If it's a tender port, you may have to wait for the people that booked RCI excursions to get off first. If it's a port where the ship will be docked, just go to the deck where you will be getting off. There is usually not a very long line at all. Once the door opens to let people off, the line moves very quickly. 10 minutes tops.

If it's a tender port, you may have to wait for the people that booked RCI excursions to get off first. If it's a port where the ship will be docked, just go to the deck where you will be getting off. There is usually not a very long line at all. Once the door opens to let people off, the line moves very quickly. 10 minutes tops.

Yup, forgot to mention the tender situation. :)

Thank you!

Not dumb at all. My experience, you specify a 30 minute window for morning room service, so pick one that works. They call before coming and each time I've done it they have come in the first 10minutes of that window. What ship are you on, and which port? You say DOCKED. usually when you dock you can get off the ship quickly. Its tender ports that can be an issue.

thanks! how long is the wait usually ? the excursion is through a private party..

Oh, one additional thought with this info. Frequently you aren't the only one in port/your ship that may have booked that excursion. Even the private tour operators (in my experience) are very in tune with whats going on with the port and the ships coming and going. Most likely they will wait a reasonable amount of time for you if you try to get there as soon as you can. On my last private excursion in ST Maarten the meeting time was 9am. We waited till 9:30 for everyone to show up.

You do not have to place your breakfast order the night before. You can either hang the order form on your door the night before or you can call the morning of and place your order.

When using the form to hang on the door the previous night the order has usually arrived within the first 15 minutes of our requested time. When we have called in our order the morning of, it is usually a 20 to 30 minute wait.

As far as getting off the ship - when we book an early private excursion we are one of those dreaded people waiting on the steps for the ship to 'clear' so we can be off early. Even in tender ports we have not waited long nor have we ever been late for a private excursion. Just be ready to leave when they open the doors. Have a GREAT cruise!

Just curious, what ship? What port?

Majesty of the Seas that stops at Nassau, Coco Cay (Bahamas) and Key West, FL.

The excursion is a Segway tour in Nassau. The docking time on Tues July 17th is 8 am, the excursion has a start time of 9:30 am. The ship does TENDER only in Coco Cay on Wed 7/18 but we have nothing booked excursion-wise that day.

How do I find out what other cruise ships are in Nassau on July 17th? I remember someone a while back posted a time-table showing each port and the ships that would be docked there on a specific day...Can someone locate that link again?

I would order breakfast the evening before with the hang tag, specify a specific time, it will come very close to that time - that way no worries waiting for your breakfast. You shouldn't have any problem walking off the ship at an early hour in Nassau

You're good to go. A 9:30 tour w/ an 8AM ship arrival is a piece of cake. I'd put the hang tag out the night before and request breakfast anywhere before 8. So a 7:30 to 8AM window works. You don't really have to worry about being the 1st off the ship. If you're willing to take the stairs rather then wait for an elevator, you can leave your cabin at 9 and you'll be meeting your tour group by 9:15 or so.

Archived