Is it time yet?

Our cruise leaves in 10 days. My motto for vacations has always been...don't get too excited because you never know what will happen. Don't get excited until you are on your way or you are actually there.

I've been lurking on the boards (and I did book our excursions), and planning in my head but haven't felt like I should do too much actual packing, shopping, outfit planning etc....until TODAY!

It feels like it's not too soon to start really getting stuff together!

WOO HOO!!!

Anyone feel the same way as I do or am I just as neurotically weird as I think I am? ;)

Our cruise leaves in 10 days. My motto for vacations has always been...don't get too excited because you never know what will happen. Don't get excited until you are on your way or you are actually there...

...WOO HOO!!!...

Your WOO HOO appears to be slightly out of character with your initial statement. Having said that, I'm happy that you appear to be getting a bit excited about your cruise vacation.

We love to travel and we do a lot of shoreside and cruise vacations and we always enjoy planning and preparing...and, yes, we do get excited as V-Day approaches. Unexpected things can and do happen, but we don't let the possibility of those annoyances diminish our excitement.

We don't have a motto for vacations as you do, however in the back of our minds we know things can happen...and we're not surprised when they do. We simply think to ourselves, let's deal with this and gat past it. We then forget about it and don't let it interfere with our good time.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

I think the pre-vacation excitement is all part of the vacation experience....whether it's a cruise or not. Once your cruise starts, it's over before you know it.....at least the anticipation can last a while!

I asked my friend (who lives 2,000 miles away) if she was getting excited about our upcoming cruise. It was her first-ever cruise. "I'm trying not to," she said. I didn't understand this. Well, we all met at the airport in Vancouver and she was covered, head to toe, in angry, red, itchy hives. When I asked her about it, she said, "This is what happens when I get excited."

Pre-trip excitement is part of the fun!! Go with the flow!

Archived