No VIP boarding this time-I'm scared

Our 1st 2 cruises we had VIP check-in (was booked in a Suite) sailing out of Galveston was a breeze...no issues with long lines, etc...this is our 3rd cruise and we're sailing on Triumph and we do NOT have VIP check-in because we didn't opt for a Suite and went with a Balcony (on Lido I might add:D). We live in Central Texas and will drive down the morning we set sail and I'm scared to death of getting stuck in long lines with our 2 kids...We're about 3.5 hrs from port and I've already planned to leave EARLY but wanted to see if anyone on CC has advise on the time we should really arrive at the terminal to avoid the super long lines...OR, do you suggest us camping out in the terminal the night before?:eek: LOL HELP!

Give the kids something to do while in line, for example, see how many passengers they can spot wearing red shirts or how many objects they can spot that starts with a particular letter -- something like that. If they do a good job, bring a little Dollar Store prize or tell them they can pick something out at the gift shop. I have 2 kids also, so to avoid a big fight between them, I just give them both the same prize.

Good luck and have fun.

:)

Wait. Hold on. Going to get my violin. :D

Lol. we usually get to the port about 10:30. No problems whatsoever.

Have a GREAT time. (sorry you have to stand in line with us peons):):o:)

LOL!

Yuppa - the majority of us don't always get VIP and it has never been an issue.....

Our 1st 2 cruises we had VIP check-in (was booked in a Suite) sailing out of Galveston was a breeze...no issues with long lines' date=' etc...this is our 3rd cruise and we're sailing on Triumph and we do NOT have VIP check-in because we didn't opt for a Suite and went with a Balcony (on Lido I might add:D). We live in Central Texas and will drive down the morning we set sail and I'm scared to death of getting stuck in long lines with our 2 kids...We're about 3.5 hrs from port and I've already planned to leave EARLY but wanted to see if anyone on CC has advise on the time we should [i']really[/i] arrive at the terminal to avoid the super long lines...OR, do you suggest us camping out in the terminal the night before?:eek: LOL HELP!

It's no biggie........I've done it almost 10 yrs.......;)

Give the kids something to do while in line, for example, see how many passengers they can spot wearing red shirts or how many objects they can spot that starts with a particular letter -- something like that. If they do a good job, bring a little Dollar Store prize or tell them they can pick something out at the gift shop. I have 2 kids also, so to avoid a big fight between them, I just give them both the same prize.

Good luck and have fun.

:)

Great Ideas!!!! Thanks!! :)

I try to get to the port at around 10.30ish...the lines wont be too terribly bad. But boarding may not for an hour or so, so you will want to have something available for your kids to do. Also if you smoke, please note you have to leave the terminal and re-enter and go back through security. My daughter and BFF smoke and it drives them crazy to have to do this...Have fun on your cruise!

I am worried about it...with 2 children and one w/ ADHD...it's been on my mind somewhat

If it's important to you, it's important to you. You are entitled to your opinions and thoughts, regardless of what the "experts" here would have you think.

Have a great trip!

I'd rather be standing in line to get on a cruise than standing in line anywhere else. LOL:D

My DS is now 17 but when he was little we would do as one poster said...promise him some small new toy or treat (such as a stick of gum or a piece of candy that he didn't get on a daily basis). We too also played games with him such as the one we called the "Spot Game" as in "Can you spot the boy with the Yankee hat?" or "Can you spot the girl that has on a blue blouse?" That was good for a short time. LOL;)

Because we usually flew in for most of our cruises on the same day, we were never sure what time we would get to the cruise port so I'm sorry I can't give you a good time to avoid lines. It has never been an issue for us...but then I didn't have the same problems as you. Maybe if you tell them at the sign in desk that your child has ADHD they will let you board a little earlier. It's worth a try.

I hope everything works out well for you and your family and that you all have a great cruise!:D

I cruise out of Galveston all the time.. Which I'am VIP now, I have not alway been.. If you get there around 10:30 you pretty much just walk up to the counter and get your sign and sink!! "MY TERM FOR THE Sign and Sail".. LOL! Wait till they get the all clear and you are onboard.. Have a great cruise and please post a review or find me and give me a review.. I'm having concerns of my upcoming on the Triumph and it only being fours days.. Been years since I've done a five day and that wasn't long enough.. Have friends that wanted us to come along and who am I to SAY NO?? I have a 7 day planned so I will just have to have withdrawls for only 3 months longer after the 4 day. :)

On our last cruise we arrived at the port around 10:30 am. Friends that were Platinum headed to the VIP line and we headed to the "regular" line. We were redirected to the Platinum line because it was so early. Ended up in line right behind our friends. Onboard by 11:15.:D

If it's important to you, it's important to you. You are entitled to your opinions and thoughts, regardless of what the "experts" here would have you think.

Have a great trip!

I appreciate this...thanks so much....this place can sometimes be a host to some negative people but for the most part everyone is VERY helpful so for that i say thanks to everyone with some really great ideas...:)

I appreciate this...thanks so much....this place can sometimes be a host to some negative people but for the most part everyone is VERY helpful so for that i say thanks to everyone with some really great ideas...:)

Are you STILL here?????? Shouldn't you be leaving so that you can camp out in the parking lot....LMAO..:):o:)

Take lots of pics and PLEASE come back and tell us how the cruise was..:cool:

I cruise with 5 grandkids, 3 with odd, etc. and I've never flamed anyone for asking a question as I have asked plenty of stupid ones, but I have to say the original post has me wondering if you do not like being in the peasant lines. Harsh criticism? Yes and honest. Your next post attempted to explain the problem but seems to me that was a coverup. The terminal closes at night, not like a Wawa and reopens in the morning. I think you do not give enough credit to the kids, hand them a game or pick something for them to find and count. All will be well.

Our 1st 2 cruises we had VIP check-in (was booked in a Suite) sailing out of Galveston was a breeze...no issues with long lines' date=' etc...this is our 3rd cruise and we're sailing on Triumph and we do NOT have VIP check-in because we didn't opt for a Suite and went with a Balcony (on Lido I might add:D). We live in Central Texas and will drive down the morning we set sail and I'm scared to death of getting stuck in long lines with our 2 kids...We're about 3.5 hrs from port and I've already planned to leave EARLY but wanted to see if anyone on CC has advise on the time we should [i']really[/i] arrive at the terminal to avoid the super long lines...OR, do you suggest us camping out in the terminal the night before?:eek: LOL HELP!

Seriously? If its that big a deal maybe you could upgrade before you sail. Otherwise, you'll have to use your creativity like most of the other people cruising with children. The lines are not fun but they aren't killers either. You can do what most do and let them have your iphone/itouch/ipad,Nintendo DS etc. If they are 2 years or older they can be entertained with these no problem. I think its funny that you'd be "scared to death" for being stuck in a line. Are your children That bad?

Archived