No VIP boarding this time-I'm scared

The OP just needs to suck it up and stand in line with her children.

I have a special needs sister who is a adult now. I serve on 2 boards and 1 state committee for the Developmentally Disabled. Better known as the Mentally Retarded folks.

As one poster put it he has a Autistic child, he would love to have a normal child.

Our parents would have loved to have some of the luxuries parents now have.

The OP reminds of some parents who have complained at state meetings, asking for services for someone to come in and babysit err raise there developmentally challenged child. It is very frustrating to hear a parent whine and almost demand the state provide services for someone else to parent their child.

As I said when I started this post:

The OP just needs to suck it up stand in line with her child as all other parents due, regardless if a child has a disability or not. Granted if the child has a very serious disability than special attentions should be given.

I'm going with the poster who suggested to get there a little later to avoid the rush. Galveston is a fairly easy terminal to navigate and as long as the ship is on time, the wait isn't too bad.

I spy games are great, as are hand held video games, for distracting kids (and my DH :rolleyes:) in long lines.

You should seriously consider arriving around 2:30; AFTER the herd has been processed. You'll virtually breeze through security and check-in and your cabin will be ready as well. No waiting, no time to kill penned up in the terminal. We would never do it any other way...and that's without special-needs kids to contend with.

The OP will still be unhappy. Then there will be long lines on lido for food..after 230 im sure ship will be just about full of people and long lines at buffet..:rolleyes:.."JUST KIDDING"..LOL. The lines will still be there.

Our 1st 2 cruises we had VIP check-in (was booked in a Suite) sailing out of Galveston was a breeze...no issues with long lines' date=' etc...this is our 3rd cruise and we're sailing on Triumph and we do NOT have VIP check-in because we didn't opt for a Suite and went with a Balcony (on Lido I might add:D). We live in Central Texas and will drive down the morning we set sail and I'm scared to death of getting stuck in long lines with our 2 kids...We're about 3.5 hrs from port and I've already planned to leave EARLY but wanted to see if anyone on CC has advise on the time we should [i']really[/i] arrive at the terminal to avoid the super long lines...OR, do you suggest us camping out in the terminal the night before?:eek: LOL HELP!

Um camping out is a little extreme lol. But I've gone VIP and Regular Guest and regular is not that bad. Be prepared to wait the longest an hour. We only waited on the lines for about 30 min for a family of 6. Relax and Enjoy You Cruise

You should seriously consider arriving around 2:30; AFTER the herd has been processed. You'll virtually breeze through security and check-in and your cabin will be ready as well. No waiting, no time to kill penned up in the terminal. We would never do it any other way...and that's without special-needs kids to contend with.

Like, we have platimun status and do the same thing for a couple years now..no rushing, fighting crowds, dodging rolling luggage...

most times we are at a local waterfront establishment, enjoying a couple cocktails, lunch and then walk on about 200-230... I think it also come out cheaper LOL

enjoy your cruise

I have had VIP embarkation for several years now and sometimes there are so many people there for VIP check in that I would have boarded more quickly in the regular line. In fact my Sis and BIL actually did get through the regular line check in ahead of us once while we were in VIP. Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

My son was diagnosed with ADHD when he was young but we still took him to places like Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, etc where we stood in lines all day long - we had to figure out the best way to handle him when he began to act up but we did it, and did it without drugs.

Good luck to the OP and have fun.

Even if you get to the port very early and get a number 1 boarding card. You will have to wait until the weddings parties, travel agents, those passengers needing assistance, VIP passengers and those who booked suites. Then it will be your turn.

However if your going to get to the ports hours before boarding starts how is that better than spending 45 minutes to one hour to go through the process if you arrive later?

Our 1st 2 cruises we had VIP check-in (was booked in a Suite) sailing out of Galveston was a breeze...no issues with long lines, etc...this is our 3rd cruise and we're sailing on Triumph and we do NOT have VIP check-in because we didn't opt for a Suite and went with a Balcony (on Lido I might add:D). We live in Central Texas and will drive down the morning we set sail and I'm scared to death of getting stuck in long lines with our 2 kids...We're about 3.5 hrs from port and I've already planned to leave EARLY but wanted to see if anyone on CC has advise on the time we should really arrive at the terminal to avoid the super long lines...OR, do you suggest us camping out in the terminal the night before?:eek: LOL HELP!

awwww come on people, can't you see she is [insert creepy music here] "SCARED TO DEATH OF getting stuck in the long lines with our 2 kids...." LOL I think you should bring your kids and camp out at least 3 days prior to sailing just to be sure.... eventually you'll get used to them.

btw, kids scare me also

Archived