**If you can only go to one beach where would it be?***

Dalton51

West Bay Beach is the premiere beach on the island.

Clear water will depend on time of year and weather.

Some of the pics in the link above are not West Bay Beach. I am not convinced 9 and 10 are and I know for a fact 11 is not. Most of the are pretty old as well being Infinity was not complete. But the beach is about the same even if the buildings are not. :)

Going in 3 weeks hope its sunny and hot. What is the weather like there this time of the year?

We just returned last Saturday. It was really nice. Sunny with some clouds. Not many but some. Rained two short showers the whole week - one was during the night. The trade winds kept it bearable but it was warm especially in the afternoon @ 1-3 pm. The water was perfect. Nice and calm and we dove everyday with Infinity Divers and it was spectacular. Really good visibility and we are returning for Christmas :D

Also, how much does it cost for a taxi to get there? Do u have to pay to get in??

Taxi prices are not regulated so there is not really a set rate and it depends on where your ship is docking.

Many people docking at Mahogany Bay sort out a driver with a tour company, this way if you choose to make other stops you can while chatting with a local.

The beaches on the island are free, access is sometimes a challenge ( there is a public access point for West Bay Beach at Bananarama), and one need pay for facilities (chairs, potties and the like).

Little French Key, its also known as Frenchy's 44. Hands down this would be my choice. Not only is it a great beach, but its a private island, not crowded by the cruise traffic yet, nor is the owner trying to open this up to the cruise lines. They are relying solely on word of mouth.

I know everyone say west bay, but i would go to the other side of Roatan, and enjoy this little slice of heaven if you can swing it. Totally worth the $$$

Little French Key, its also known as Frenchy's 44. Hands down this would be my choice. Not only is it a great beach, but its a private island, not crowded by the cruise traffic yet, nor is the owner trying to open this up to the cruise lines. They are relying solely on word of mouth.

I know everyone say west bay, but i would go to the other side of Roatan, and enjoy this little slice of heaven if you can swing it. Totally worth the $$$

Since the OP is headed to Roatan now when cruise ships aren't too prevalent, I think he will find the West Bay a wonderful day. Come Jan., the private beach might be more a good deal if you want a quieter spot. ;)

Infinity Bay ( guessing this is a stop on West Bay beach)or French Key ??does anyone know how much it cost to get to and in Infinity Bay??? How far from port??? Thanks A LOT CC! Love this site.

P.s

I have also tried to find a web site that tells you what all ships are at port with your ship. I haven't had any luck can someone help me on that to. Thanks do.t want to get off topic here tho.

I couldn't agree more with this post. There were less than 20 people total there the day we went last week. It is gorgeous and very relaxing.

I couldn't agree more with this post. There were less than 20 people total there the day we went last week. It is gorgeous and very relaxing.

Glad to hear more people are making it to this spot. When we went it was funny because the owner on the way back to the mainland turned the music down and told everyone that he is relying solely on word of mouth to promote his business. He asked that when we got home if we could write a review or tell everyone about his place it would be greatly appreciated. The 15 of us on the boat all told him there was NO WAY we were giving up this little slice of heaven to the cruise ship passengers. (obviously we were all joking, and had a good laugh)

Our cruise group split into 3 groups that day. One went to the beach right next to the ship, they had a great time. The other group went over to banannarama to snorkel, they too had a great time. We went to the french key, and when we got back we were all comparing pics and stories, everyone wished that they would have gone with me on my little whim....When i went to this place i only thought i was going to a cafe to get some island food and some drinks. WOW was i shocked when i got there.

Glad to hear more people are making it to this spot. When we went it was funny because the owner on the way back to the mainland turned the music down and told everyone that he is relying solely on word of mouth to promote his business. He asked that when we got home if we could write a review or tell everyone about his place it would be greatly appreciated. The 15 of us on the boat all told him there was NO WAY we were giving up this little slice of heaven to the cruise ship passengers. (obviously we were all joking, and had a good laugh)

Our cruise group split into 3 groups that day. One went to the beach right next to the ship, they had a great time. The other group went over to banannarama to snorkel, they too had a great time. We went to the french key, and when we got back we were all comparing pics and stories, everyone wished that they would have gone with me on my little whim....When i went to this place i only thought i was going to a cafe to get some island food and some drinks. WOW was i shocked when i got there.

Would you be willing to post a few pics?! I am currently making plans for Aug, & a picture is worth a thousand words, right?!:D

Is Frenchy's open and accomodating to families? I have adult children, a teenager and a 2 year old grandchild. Also, I've been to their website but is did not find a fee scehdule or price list. Can someone help me with what to expect cost wise?

Thanks so much for the pics, videos(another thread) & other info! You guys are the best! I know many of us get a little OCD planning our vacays, but any info at all really helps - esp those of us who will only be in port for a specific amnt of time &want the best bang for our bucks!:p

Archived