I a little fat:)

Postman806

I am a little heavier than my "fighting weight"...I enjoy food a lot more than I enjoy exercise, so the weight has increased over the years.

On our cruise last year, I attempted one of the slides on the Dream. I had a shirt on. It was a horrible experience. The water flow into the slide seemed a little less than it should have been, but everyone was sliding so I thought that I would, too.

All went well until I was about halfway down. my casual slide turned into a moment of panic when I stopped completely in the middle of the tube. The available space really seemed to close in on me and I feared another slider running into me at full speed.

I actually had to use my hands to slide the rest of the way down the tube. I was pretty tired by the time I finished. It is funny now...but I wasn't laughing then!!

I have never had trouble on a slide even at my weight from last summer (I am a few pounds lighter now)...and I hope to never have it again!! I would guess sliding with as much skin exposed as is appropriate is probably best!!

It was mentioned earlier but the secret to a fast slide ride is "skin".

You need to arch your backside off the slide so that the only thing contacting the slide is your bare back and shoulders and your feet (so no t shirt).

Try it. Guarantee you'll be flying down the slide.

"Whatcha up to, Norm?"

"My ideal weight if I were eleven feet tall."

Reminds of something I once heard someone say. "I'm not overweight. I'm under tall.":D

As for the waterslide, liberally apply sun block with cocoa butter.:rolleyes:

Reminds of something I once heard someone say. "I'm not overweight. I'm under tall.":D

As for the waterslide, liberally apply sun block with cocoa butter.:rolleyes:

That's an old quote from Garfield. :p

And, as my clothes used to say when I was MUCH younger, I'm "husky". :cool:

I don't know if I would slide or become a dam!!! :o :D

I had decided that I would do the water slide on one cruise.

I imagined my stately self zipping down too quickly to attract much attention.

But then I happened to see some adults on the slide.

Part way down they seemed to bottom out and stick.

The they had to scooch and wiggle down.

Being stuck on a dry spot and having to wiggle worm my way down is a bit too inelegant to consider.

Maybe the slides have been improved since then?

Haha yes you can wear a shirt! Although you probably will get stuck with a shirt! My dad wore his shirt on the conquest last week had had to lift it up so that he would actually slide!

That sounds pretty embarrassing. I think if I go I'll go topless. I've been to watermarks before so I guess I can take it. And yes, I do know how to go fast: shoulder blades and heels.........

I am a little heavier than my "fighting weight"...I enjoy food a lot more than I enjoy exercise, so the weight has increased over the years.

On our cruise last year, I attempted one of the slides on the Dream. I had a shirt on. It was a horrible experience. The water flow into the slide seemed a little less than it should have been, but everyone was sliding so I thought that I would, too.

All went well until I was about halfway down. my casual slide turned into a moment of panic when I stopped completely in the middle of the tube. The available space really seemed to close in on me and I feared another slider running into me at full speed.

I actually had to use my hands to slide the rest of the way down the tube. I was pretty tired by the time I finished. It is funny now...but I wasn't laughing then!!

I have never had trouble on a slide even at my weight from last summer (I am a few pounds lighter now)...and I hope to never have it again!! I would guess sliding with as much skin exposed as is appropriate is probably best!!

OH MY GOSH TOO FUNNY.

In all my cruising I have yet to attempt the slide guess I am a lil fluffy too...

Archived