What do you like to do after dinner?

GrammyJill

We will be on a 4 nighter on Holiday.

Our group consists of 6 adults (4 drinkers 2 non), 1 19 yr old boy & 3 kids (under 11).

We have early seating dinner (?? 5:45 or 6:15 ??).

I know during the day I plan on hanging out by the pool having a few foo foo drinks & playing with my kids (teen & 10).

So tell me what do you do for entertainment after dinner...

We usually go to the show after dinner. Sometimes, though, we'll find a quiet lounge or where they're doing karaoke and enjoy a drink. Or go to the disco or up on deck if they're having a deck party. Or if they're doing something like the Newlywed Game or Pub Night, we'll go to that. Or just take a romantic stroll on the Promenade Deck or one of the open decks.

The newly wed game is usually consisted of 3 to 4 couples that perhaps are celebrating thier wedding anniversary ...they usually have volunteers from the passengers who want to participate....You may see a variety of couples married as newlyweds to couples married 50 years. It is very entertaining to hear all the funny answers just like the TV show the newlywed game. :D

Has anyone played the survivor game on the cruise ship? WHat was that like?

I know during the day I plan on hanging out by the pool having a few foo foo drinks & playing with my kids (teen & 10).

Jill- i think your kids are gonna be too busy to have anything at all to do with you...lol (make sure that teen goes to the first meeting the first night.)

Jill--just let you know so you are not disappointed. But let your kids know ahead of time if you expect them to eat dinner with you so they are nto dissapointed.

I like your ticker...where did you get that one?

Jill,

Personally, I like to take in a show or hang out in the lounge and listen to the band. It is fun to watch the people and once in a great while you see someone that can really dance. Last year the ship dancers showed up at the disco lounge and really put on a show. Those guys and gals are good.

We don't leave until January and my DW is already buying goodies for the trip. Last night she bought us new wet suits( or is it wetsuits)? We have met some interesting people every trip. I can't wait to see what the next one brings.

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.

Clackey

Hi,:) I have late seating so part of my evening is having dinner, which I enjoy very much.

Usually finishing up in time to see a show (sometimes). Other times I just prefer to play a bit of blackjack, have a couple of drinks in one of the bars and/or lounges or possibly seeing what is happening in the disco.

I don't always have something planned. One of the many things I LOVE about cruising. I don't "have to be" somewhere. Oh, except for my dinner:D I love being in the dining room every night;)

One thing we love to do in the evening is to go up on deck and walk a few laps. It's usually so very quiet up there, many times (weather permitting) you can see a lot of stars. It's just wonderful to see the ocean passing by at night. If you are lucky enough to see another ship nearby, it always looks so beautiful lit up, you would miss that if you are inside.

We sometimes go to the show, if it is a comedy or a magician. After a few cruises, you can get a little tired of the musical production shows. I love it when there is a great piano bar with a non-smoking section. We sometimes even wander through the ships, even though shopping is the last thing on our list on a vacation (I've shopped enough the weeks prior!)

We also like to stop and get an ice cream cone before retiring, or order dessert from room service if we are exhausted.

But, walking up on deck has to be the nicest memories for us.

Archived