Cabin Location

You didn't specify a ship, but I know the library is on Deck Seven on Freedom and Voyager Class ships. Cabins in this area of the ship are great. We have stayed in several cabins near the library on the Freedom, Navigator and Liberty and had great rooms! For one thing the Windjammer (buffett) is just a few decks above and easy to get to alongwith the pool decks.

----------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, GA (a NW sub of Atlanta, GA)

Proud Emerald Crown & Anchor Members

CCL: Mardis Gras, Destiny

Princess: Grand, Sea

RCL: Serenade, Navigator, Mariner, Freedom, Liberty, Oasis

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." - Ben Franklin

73 Days at sea!

When you look at a map of stateroom and elevators; it seems the elevators are right in front of cabin; actually the elevator and stairs are across the hall from any cabin; so you won't hear noise from people getting on and off.

Looking at a balcony cabin on deck 7 close to elevators and library. How good is that location? :confused:

It is always good to be close to the elevators and stairs. It can be a pain to have to walk all the way down a long hall back and forth, especially if you forget something in your cabin.

Here's a great website. It's set to Monarch, but you can change it to any ship and then click on the choosing a cabin icon. Enjoy!

Sorry... that didn't work. I guess the link was attached to a travel agency site. Sigh!

Oops, sorry. It is the Navigator and it is coming to New Orleans. I was looking at the decks and I wanted to know about deck 7, 8 or 9. I wanted to be mid-ship and close to elevators with quick access to other decks.

Deck 7 near the rear elevators is a great location on Navigator.

Oops, sorry. It is the Navigator and it is coming to New Orleans. I was looking at the decks and I wanted to know about deck 7, 8 or 9. I wanted to be mid-ship and close to elevators with quick access to other decks.

Deck 8 is right between the promenade (5) and pool deck (11), and there are only cabins between them. That's great if you can easily walk 3 flights of stairs. I like deck 6 because I have a hard time walking stairs...it's quiet, one flight down to the Promenade, and I take the elevator to go up to the pool deck and above.

I am studying the decks because I would like to be close enough to everything, that is maybe 1 or 2 decks above and below. I notice this ship is totally laid out differently than the ship I just got off. You have Decks 4, 5 and 11 which I am interested in, but it is still 2-3 flights above or below stuff :rolleyes:. Decks 7 or 8 seem like the better decks. As far as the elevators, sometimes they look like they are really close, but actually they are not. I have no problems with being close to an elevator. Seems like the elevators toward the back are the best.

I am studying the decks because I would like to be close enough to everything, that is maybe 1 or 2 decks above and below. I notice this ship is totally laid out differently than the ship I just got off. You have Decks 4, 5 and 11 which I am interested in, but it is still 2-3 flights above or below stuff :rolleyes:. Decks 7 or 8 seem like the better decks. As far as the elevators, sometimes they look like they are really close, but actually they are not. I have no problems with being close to an elevator. Seems like the elevators toward the back are the best.

the elevators are not RIGHT next to the cabins..they are sort of around the corner.....you will not hear elevator noise...

here is a little video of the walk from the elevator landing to my cabin..it's from Explorer..sister ship....might help you see that you're close, but not too close....

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3031529200061346369qTQXId

Archived