Does carnival have a higher end ship kinda like princess???

only1deejay

Think of Carnival Corp as General Motors. GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac. The different lines cater to a different clientele and experience. If the Impala (in the '60s) was the top of the Chevy line probably the Magic or Breeze are the top of the Carnival line.

As the Impala couldn't compare to the top of the line Cadillac do not expect a Princess experience on a Carnival ship.

I have done the "Princess" experience and the "Carnival" experience. I have to admit I thought he Princess cruise was the dullest I have ever been on. And, I am not a party animal. I'm in my 60's but do enjoy staying up past 10:30.

It will be. I'm looking forward to sailing on the new Carnival Sunshine.

I'm not so narrow minded as to judge a ship that hasn't been built, yet.

True that, I'm (a Hal cruiser, on the 2 new ships) looking forward to it completely. There's certain things that I look for in a ship, and Sunshine has a lot on my list.

Ask Sarge.

The question the OP asked is which ship is closest to Princess and someone said Sunshine.. and I disagreed.

I would pick Magic or Breeze as the best ship myself.... and then Sarge went off into a tangent that people care if NOLA gets Sunshine, which has zero to do with what anyone said or the topic.

I pick Magic .. its gorgeous, its still my pick as best ship.

I cant imagine taking a old ship and refubishing her so that she is better than say Magic or a newer ship. She is a tired old ship with a bad reputation, so bad they had to change her name to attract passengers. How is that going to be as good as Princess?? I dont get it.

I would pick Magic or Breeze in a heart beat over a tired old ship that had mechanical problems and poor lay out in the buffet they are going to fix up. Just me.. but thats why they have lots of ships so everyone can pick what suits them.

Sorry, you must have misread--I never said it was "like princess" we sail Hal, and have sailed princess, we know the diff-- however, I said if the new sunshine refurb isn't your thing, then to try Hal. (Eurodan & Nieuw Amsterdam).

?!?!?!?

I'm with Tom-n-Cheryl on this one - the CTS-V will absolutely blow away the Impala SS (what NASCAR mimics with Chevy's), lol! ;)

I will defer to a NC expert. :D

It still couldn't keep up with a Corvette ZR1.

Actually, my 2011 CTS-V with a ECU tune CAI and full exhaust can keep up with a ZR-1 very well (in a line, no turns:D)

Sorry back on topic. What ship is going to become Sunshine? Magic and the Breeze are the newest ships on the CCL fleet correct? What makes them more special?

I have done the "Princess" experience and the "Carnival" experience. I have to admit I thought he Princess cruise was the dullest I have ever been on. And, I am not a party animal. I'm in my 60's but do enjoy staying up past 10:30.

Once again I concur. Sailed Princess in 2007 and while there were a lot of things that I liked,and the experience overall was good,the Ship was an absolute ghost town by 12:00 midnight.

It will be. I'm looking forward to sailing on the new Carnival Sunshine.

I'm not so narrow minded as to judge a ship that hasn't been built, yet.

Wow .. Lots of agreement with SS on this thread. BTW -- I wonder how many bashing the Destiny actually sailed her. We did (over 9/11) and to this day it has been one of our favorites -- personally I can not see us cruising HAL or anyone that "rolls up the sidewalks" before 1-2am - we have sailed CCL, RCL, and NCL numerous times, with and without kids, and have never had a bad experience.

As another poster suggested, book it, enjoy it, but try not to compare (or prejudge) it..

B&B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, but thanks for playing. There will be a number of new food and entertainment venues, including the return of the cigar bar.

In addition to more cabins in what used to be entertainment space. This ship was a tug and the fact that Carnival has decided to rename it shows that they also know this.

Very true. True he was positive on Carnival but that was seen as a crime by some.

Funny how the same issue isn't a problem on the RC boards.

Funny how I have never seen hosts on the other boards posting and guarding a cruise line like the one that was here. Show me some examples please.

Funny how I have never seen hosts on the other boards posting and guarding a cruise line like the one that was here. Show me some examples please.

There are none...the moderators are pretty neutral and don't get involved unless board rules are broken or if they have something of importance to add. Mach acted more a CC member than a host/moderator.

There are none...the moderators are pretty neutral and don't get involved unless board rules are broken or if they have something of importance to add. Mach acted more a CC member than a host/moderator.

I agree. I have never seen that by another host. Yes I have seen each and every main board filled with their die hard cruise fans but the hosts seem to keep things in check. I think some people are offended if anyone has anything negative to say about a certain cruise line. They take it personally. :confused:

I can't be too specific as it is against posting guidelines but on another board, posts were deleted and edited.

All positive quotes were retained including rude comments and all non cheerleader comments were deleted.

Then the order of the comments was changed. Then ,when the whole thread made no sense, poof it was gone.

It was disgraceful.:(

So I have sailed on princess and am thinking about trying carnival since they are sister corporations....does carnival have a higher end type of ship that can match the quality of princess and I prefer a balcony cabin. thanks:)

I would not recommend anyone sail Carnival with the intentions to compare them to Princess.

The main issue I think you would have is that Carnival allows smoking on the balconies and Princess does not.

If you are someone who does not smoke and really enjoys balcony time, this could be an issue.

Now do not get me wrong...I love the Carnival product. But I have learned to pick my ships, pick my cabins and pick my sail dates to make it the best cruise for me.

Archived