Does carnival have a higher end ship kinda like princess???

only1deejay

I'm beginning to think it was Zydey.

That is an outright lie. In addition to the extra deck they are also replacing entertainment space (aft lounge, 1 floor of the forward lounge) with cabins.

Also replacing the aft pool and Lido with buffet tables and chairs...so that leaves ONE POOL for all those people. UNbrilliant:rolleyes:

I'm beginning to think it was Zydey.

That is an outright lie. In addition to the extra deck they are also replacing entertainment space (aft lounge, 1 floor of the forward lounge) with cabins.

Nope, but thanks for playing. There will be a number of new food and entertainment venues, including the return of the cigar bar.

Also replacing the aft pool and Lido with buffet tables and chairs...so that leaves ONE POOL for all those people. UNbrilliant:rolleyes:

The 3 deck Serenity will have an adult pool and waterfall.

Bonus is waterworks and all of the kids clubs will be clustered together and away from Serenity. :D

Nope, but thanks for playing. There will be a number of new food and entertainment venues, including the return of the cigar bar.

This isn't a magic ship, the laws of science apply. Anything new on this ship will be from taking away from something - new food and entertainment spaces replace existing dining space, or pool areas.

I realize that your God thinks it is Brilliant, but those grounded in reality know the truth.

Passenger Space Ratio is a phony statistic based on volume, not square footage and is pretty meaningless. But yes, they are adding square footage.

Space Ratio Details

Space ratio: The enclosed space (cubic feet) per passenger on the ship.

Example:30000/1000=30 cubic feet

Where 30000 is Ship Size expressed in Gross Tonnage and 1000 is the passenger capacity on ship.

Note: Space ratio does not necessarily correlate with stateroom size. Ships can have small staterooms but very large public areas, yielding a higher space ratio number.

The higher the ratio, the more passengers will have a sense of the ship's roominess.

I would not say it's a "phony statistic", as it does indeed give a general guide for how crowded the ship may feel. Should it be a deciding factor in booking one ship over another - certainly not... but it should be in the back of your mind. Having said that, we have had plenty of great cruises on Fantasy class ships (PSR of 34), but have noticed that the Spirit class ships (PSR of 41) do indeed feel less crowded.

Carnival went from 70.4 thousand tons on the Fantasy class to 88.5 on the Spirit class ships -- an increase of close to 25% in tonnage. While going from a passenger capacity of 2056 to 2124 respectively (an increase in passenger count of less than 4%)!

Tom

I cant imagine taking a old ship and refubishing her so that she is better than say Magic or a newer ship. She is a tired old ship with a bad reputation, so bad they had to change her name to attract passengers. How is that going to be as good as Princess?? I dont get it.

I would pick Magic or Breeze in a heart beat over a tired old ship that had mechanical problems and poor lay out in the buffet they are going to fix up. Just me.. but thats why they have lots of ships so everyone can pick what suits them.

What ship was the Sunshine anyway?

You know what you'll get with Carnival and if price is most important, it seems like Carnival wins almost every time.

I would have chosen Princess for my December 9 cruise, but Carnival Glory was about 300 Bucks cheaper - no contest.

Seems like Carnival Breeze is a pretty decent ship, if OP wants to switch.

This isn't a magic ship, the laws of science apply. Anything new on this ship will be from taking away from something - new food and entertainment spaces replace existing dining space, or pool areas.

I realize that your God thinks it is Brilliant, but those grounded in reality know the truth.

The ships have plenty of space. No magic required. By providing more food options people will be more equally divided among the available space and so less crowded. It isn't rocket science.

Grounded in reality or with their head in the sand?

You will see, grasshopper. :p:p

You know what you'll get with Carnival and if price is most important, it seems like Carnival wins almost every time.

I would have chosen Princess for my December 9 cruise, but Carnival Glory was about 300 Bucks cheaper - no contest.

Enjoy those Guy's burgers!

I see that the Dream is getting a 2.0 update prior to the Glory, but they are not adding the best (IMHO) aspect of the updates (Guy's Burger Joint) to the Dream!

Tom

I agree with others that although there is an overlap, CCL tries to differentiate it's brands.

If you like Princess, Holland or Cunard are likely to be closer to your previous experience.

Are you sure? It could be the "right thread"... stick around a few minutes and the topic might drift to just the right place! :D

Tom

Sooo funny! BTW ,I always appreciate your comments. Although you offer critical comments, they are always reasoned.

Careful or you will go the way of Mach and Allan the Sponge. No cheerleaders!

To answer the OPs question, yes but they are all named Princess something.

As far as the sunshine goes, what kind of sick mind says 'look at all this space we are wasting on entertainment. We should make it cabin space and cram more people on board.'

The space is definitely wasted because the entertainment is non existant anymore.

Cramming more people gives CCL more people for Karaoke and Legends so they can provide their own entertainment.

The space is definitely wasted because the entertainment is non existant anymore.

Cramming more people gives CCL more people for Karaoke and Legends so they can provide their own entertainment.

at first i thought this funny, and then it rang all too true!

more burgers served means less dining room tables as well.

we will need a diner sign to go atop the whale tail.

Not that I follow it, but doubt you see many Caddys on the Nascar circuit. :p

?!?!?!?

I'm with Tom-n-Cheryl on this one - the CTS-V will absolutely blow away the Impala SS (what NASCAR mimics with Chevy's), lol! ;)

I will defer to a NC expert. :D

It still couldn't keep up with a Corvette ZR1.

Its all about the WEIGHT, nice people.

My 400 hp (LS2 Corvette engine) SSR truck at 4800 lbs. (NASCAR pace car for 2 years) becomes a SLED when up against much smaller engines pushing 3200 lbs.

Sorry for the hijack. :rolleyes:

Since Carnival and Princess are owned by Carnival...it would never be wise to expect similarservices aboard both. For the fact that Carnival does not want to compete against itself.

Carnival doesn't compete with itself, it just PERFORMS BADLY with those that have been cruising her for DECADES hoping to move them away from Carnival and up to Princess. I honestly think they want us to move on so they can get back to "nailing" the heavy-spending RED and GOLD cruisers.:(

My advice: Stick with Princess . . . that's where I'm lookin' these days.:)

Been on 1 luxury line cruise and there are significant differences

I imagine there is a significant difference. Can you say a little about it?? How subdued was it for instance???

The thing I loved about CCL was diversity in passengers...age, social diversity etc. It was always a good mix. I also used to enjoy the 'fun' aspect of CCL...which in my opinion has diminished quite a bit and I have found that 'fun' on other (mass market) lines. With a true luxury line, do you find any diversity or fun?? I am truly curious....right now I can get those things on NCL and add luxury by having a suite. I'm curious what line you cruised and your thoughts.

Thank you :)

Carnival doesn't compete with itself, it just PERFORMS BADLY with those that have been cruising her for DECADES hoping to move them away from Carnival and up to Princess. I honestly think they want us to move on so they can get back to "nailing" the heavy-spending RED and GOLD cruisers.:(

My advice: Stick with Princess . . . that's where I'm lookin' these days.:)

If that were true would you not think they would make the "Loyalty points" transferable, or at least recognized.

the new sunshine? they're taking an old ship from the 90's, already overcrowed in all areas, and already quite unpopular among many, and adding cabins, and slicing public rooms, hoping everyone huddles in the newly added serenity aft.

op, no, carnival cruise lines does not have any upscale ships or experiences. regardless what you pay, you only get the same as everyone else.

I'm pretty sure the serenity isn't aft and pretty sure they are adding an entire new deck...

Archived