getting to manhattan port form laguardia

snickerdodo

I personally think taking a taxi is much easier, you just follow the signs to the taxi dispatch line which is pretty easy to find at each terminal. The one time I had a car service pick me up he came to the wrong spot and I wasted forever trying to find him, etc. So I take a car to the airport but take a taxi back home.

Does taxi fare bounce around a lot (what would be the price range) compared to a flat fee for a car service? We will be arriving around 9 A.M. on a weekday.

Taxi fare is a function of both the number of miles driven and any waiting time when stopped in traffic, so it will vary based on the route taken and traffic. This page explains the calculation: http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/passenger/taxicab_rate.shtml

Typical current fare from LGA to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal should be about $30-35. (Fares are scheduled to increase in September)

Car services charge a flat fare...usually competitive with taxi fares.

• 2 weeks later...
Taxi fare is a function of both the number of miles driven and any waiting time when stopped in traffic, so it will vary based on the route taken and traffic. This page explains the calculation: http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/passenger/taxicab_rate.shtml

Typical current fare from LGA to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal should be about $30-35. (Fares are scheduled to increase in September)

Car services charge a flat fare...usually competitive with taxi fares.

We are sailing on the NCL Star on 9/30 and trying to determine the best way to the port from a hotel in the LGA area (La Guardia Plaza, if anyone wants to chime in on this hotel). We have 3 options:

1. Take a taxi from hotel to the port.

2. Take a car service from hotel to the port ($39.00 + tolls and tip)

3. Take the free hotel shuttle back to LGA and take a car service to the port ($29.00 + tolls and tip).

Would it be worth the inconvenience to take the shuttle back to LGA to save the money on the car service. I've seen posts that state cab fare to be around $30-35 (before the price hike in Sept.). Does that fare include tolls? We're not getting into LGA until supper time, so not much time to sight see, that's why we're just going to crash around LGA.

We are sailing on the NCL Star on 9/30 and trying to determine the best way to the port from a hotel in the LGA area (La Guardia Plaza, if anyone wants to chime in on this hotel). We have 3 options:

3. Take the free hotel shuttle back to LGA and take a car service to the port ($29.00 + tolls and tip).

Would it be worth the inconvenience to take the shuttle back to LGA to save the money on the car service. I've seen posts that state cab fare to be around $30-35 (before the price hike in Sept.). Does that fare include tolls? We're not getting into LGA until supper time, so not much time to sight see, that's why we're just going to crash around LGA.

the laguardia hotels are across the parkway from the airport, car service should be the same price from both i think. try www.dial7.com

the laguardia hotels are across the parkway from the airport, car service should be the same price from both i think. try www.dial7.com

I called Dial 7 and they said I could book online to go from LGA for $29.00 or they would pick me up at the hotel for $39.00. When I explained that the hotel was right across the street from the airport, < 1 mile, they said they knew, but those were the prices.

Personally, I would take a taxi or car service directly from the hotel to the port. I wouldn't find a $10 savings sufficient to warrant inconveniencing myself by having to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport, but others will disagree. (Frankly I'm surprised there's as much as a $10 difference given your hotel is directly across the road from the airport...but then again car services tend to have lower pricing for airport fares.)

Fares for car services or taxis do not include tolls, but you can easily get to Manhattan from the LGA area without having to pay any tolls. Just make sure the taxi or car service driver takes the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge (aka 59th St. Bridge).

I called Dial 7 and they said I could book online to go from LGA for $29.00 or they would pick me up at the hotel for $39.00. When I explained that the hotel was right across the street from the airport, < 1 mile, they said they knew, but those were the prices.

ok i learned something new today. sorry i was wrong. just take the car service from the hotel. worth the $10.

Archived