So, just how do chartered cruises work?

RumRunner01

Hi everyone! I did a search but was not able to find an answer to my questions.

We are seriously considering going on the Silhouette on December 16 for the Coachella music festival cruise. The Coachella organizers have chartered the entire ship. I've never been on one of these chartered sailings before and was wondering if they operate just like a regular cruise...

Such as:

1. Does your status in Crown & Anchor or Captain's Club matter?

2. What about MDR and early/late dining? I can't imagine that early/late dining would work with this crowd, so do they alter dining times or adjust the entire MDR experience?

3. Do they still maintain formal night? Regardless, I would not bring formal wear on a cruise like this, but I'm just curious. There is way too much to do/see/hear on a cruise like this to worry about getting ready for formal night.

4. Any insight as to if liquor packages would be offered on a charter cruise?

5. Do you get credit for such a sailing for your Captain's Club?

Thanks for any input!

Most of your questions can be answered by the company selling the cruise. Generally charters follow the schedule for dining that the cruise line has established including formal nights. You should be granted perks based on previous sailings.

Thank you! The website they have up for the cruise doesn't have much info at this time but maybe they will add more for those of us seasoned cruisers. LOL
It would probably be easiest just to contact them directly with your questions.

It says

EMAIL: Please feel free to email us at ssinfo@coachella.com. We monitor these emails daily and will be able to respond with a wealth of information.

PHONE: If you feel you need further assistance, please feel free to call 1-866-933-4298 Monday through Friday, 10am to 5pm Pacific Time. If all of our operators are busy, please leave a voicemail and one of us will return your call.

I went on a charter on Seabourn which I realize is under the Carnival umbrella but I just figured I'd post my experience...

We did get some sort of "status" with seabourn - but I dont think it was the same as if we had been through them directly. I think we got credit for sailing on the line, but didn't get 7 days credited to our number of days I think that stayed at 0. Not 10% sure though as it's been 4 years.

We had no formal nights, it was always business casual in the main dining room. The next year I sailed on HAL and was considered a 1 star mariner with 0 days on HAL, so it did give me that little tiny start there too.

Excursions offered to us were seabourn excursions, just like we'd be offered if we were on a normal sailing.

• 1 month later...

They would have the right however to change things like formal nights and seating times in the dining room. It would all depend on what's in the contract, I would bet many of these things haven't even been decided yet.

Give them a call, as others have said they are the ones with the answers.

Can't help with most of the questions, but I know that beverage packages are not available on chartered sailings, per the X website.

I did see a beverage package available for sale for the chartered Top Chef cruise, so maybe that varies with each sailing. It's called a premium package and it has a set price. In addition, the website for that cruise says that the first 200 premium beverage packages sold will also include a complimentary wine tasting.

Archived