Why does it take a TA soooooo loooooong?

I have never used a TA in the past, but chose to use one for some obc this time around. Did my own research on cabin choice etc, it was real easy for the TA. Called the other day for a C&A Savings Certificate discount, and my TA said she would take care of it. Of course I wanted proof, and asked for new confirmation via e-mail. She said that would be no problem, but it may take a couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks? If I had taken care of this myself with RC, it would have been in my hands in a matter of seconds. So why does it take so long for a TA to take care of it? Anybody?:confused:

I've never had a certificate applied in a matter of seconds. I haven't tried in a year, but I recall filling out an online or email form and it took a few days for them to reply. Maybe your TA is just trying to keep you from calling every few seconds.;)

I just tried to apply a savings certificate a week or two ago and contacted RCCL directly because that's who I booked through. I sent in the e-mail to the "coupons" department and when it didn't get applied after a few days I called Royal to make sure it was going to happen. The lady I spoke to said that since final payment isn't until the end of September and the coupon doesn't expire until then, they apply them in order of sail date, coupon expiration, etc. So they don't need to apply it yet if your cruise is that far away. Just get confirmation from your travel agent that they submitted it, and you should be fine. Check back closer to final payment or coupon expiration date.

Another reason that some people might experience longer times to apply coupons is if their booking is held by a travel agent. The travel agent must approve the coupon because it changes their commission.

Another reason that some people might experience longer times to apply coupons is if their booking is held by a travel agent. The travel agent must approve the coupon because it changes their commission.

The TA doesn't have to approve the coupon - the cruiseline does. Any reputable TA should accept the coupon, reduced commission or not, its a coupon provided by the cruiseline that the client is entitled to. No client should have to ask the TA's permission.

thanks for all of your replies! I guess the savings certificates incident is just one in a whole pile of "why does it take so long"'s. It took just as long for them to e-mail me my original booking confirmation it seems, when I know in the past when I booked directly with RC it only took a matter of maybe a few hours at the most. Is it just that they don't know they are driving me insane? I will try and wait patiently.....no promises.:cool:

Coupons, even those submitted on line, can take some time to be posted and verified....frustrating..YUP! (but well...the website flakes out every weekend so it's not surprising..)

that said, actually emailing the confirmation? Takes longer to sign into your account than it does for the confo to come!! LOL...most times, i have it before i hang up the phone when I call Royal for something....so your TA should be able to get that out to you super fast...

I had a savings certificate a while back for my cruise in October. My TA got it applied to my booking within a day.

I don't understand the other post. I was looking at a cruise, called Royal and spoke with a sales rep and she looked up the certificate that would be applied to that cruise and was ready to do that immediately. I chose not to book at that time and ended the process. I wonder why it would take a TA longer?

I had a savings certificate a while back for my cruise in October. My TA got it applied to my booking within a day.

The TA can apply the savings certificates immediately using Cruising Power, but it does take about 2 weeks for the TA to receive the confirmation via e-mail from RCI that the coupon was valid, met all the rules and was in fact applied to the booking. Two weeks is about right.

My TA always sends me a copy of the immediate confirmation she gets that she put in the coupon and then follows up with the e-mail confirmation when she finally gets it.

I'm sorry to be the only person to ask;

1) What is a saving certificate?

2) How do you get them?

Savings Certificates are available to all Crown & Anchor members. Anyone can join C&A during or after their first cruise on Royal. Once you are a member, the Royal website will have a section with the Savings Certificates.

A Savings Certificate is a credit on selected cruises. The certificates change every quarter.

Savings Certificates are available to all Crown & Anchor members. Anyone can join C&A during or after their first cruise on Royal. Once you are a member, the Royal website will have a section with the Savings Certificates.

A Savings Certificate is a credit on selected cruises. The certificates change every quarter.

And, some of the certificates can save you hundreds of dollars on one cruise(selected cruises). An example, on some cruises the certificate for a balcony cabin can be worth $250. It is a great program. I wish I had sailed Royal sooner than I did.

The TA can apply the savings certificates immediately using Cruising Power, but it does take about 2 weeks for the TA to receive the confirmation via e-mail from RCI that the coupon was valid, met all the rules and was in fact applied to the booking. Two weeks is about right.

My TA always sends me a copy of the immediate confirmation she gets that she put in the coupon and then follows up with the e-mail confirmation when she finally gets it.

exactly - even if the TA applies the coupon immediately - the cruiseline still needs to confirm back that its been accepted - the delay comes from that wit

Archived