Star Princess TV cable hookups

tall-lady

The last post I can find on the subject is from October of 2011, so I thought I'd see if anything has changed on the Star Princess since then. We're on the Star in just a few weeks, and are wondering about being able to hook up an external hard drive or a laptop to the tv to play movies. Do the tvs still have the proper cable hookups on the side to do that? We're used to using an HDMI cable with our laptop most other places, so does that work there as well? Has anyone tried just an external hard drive?

Thanks!

The last post I can find on the subject is from October of 2011, so I thought I'd see if anything has changed on the Star Princess since then. We're on the Star in just a few weeks, and are wondering about being able to hook up an external hard drive or a laptop to the tv to play movies. Do the tvs still have the proper cable hookups on the side to do that? We're used to using an HDMI cable with our laptop most other places, so does that work there as well? Has anyone tried just an external hard drive?

Thanks!

I haven't but from what I remember from the topic, it was extremely difficult to get to the connection atr the rear of the TV, also some of the older TVs didn't have the HDMI connections at all. May be pot luck.:D

Thanks!

The new TV's that are being used have more inputs. I don't remember seeing an HDMI on the set when cruised on the Sapphire is spring.

The new TV's that are being used have more inputs. I don't remember seeing an HDMI on the set when cruised on the Sapphire is spring.
We sailed on the Sapphire in March and used the HDMI port on the Viewsonic flat screen in our cabin. I had previously put five movies on my laptop. Worked well.

The Star Princess defitnely has HDMI inputs on their TV's and they are not that hard to reach compared to some other ships like the Crown.

So the Star (the OP will be happy) and the Sapphire are ok and the Crown is not. Thats a good start anyway, at least you know they are getting there with the newer TVs.:D

So the Star (the OP will be happy) and the Sapphire are ok and the Crown is not. Thats a good start anyway, at least you know they are getting there with the newer TVs.:D

The Crown also had an HDMI input located on the back but it was very hard to. They had the TV mounted right against the wall on the shelf & you couldn't get your hand along side to plug the wire in. They also had it locked tight so it couldn't be swiveled even an inch. I had to use my wife's small mirror standing on a chair going over the top to reach it. Needless to say once it was plugged in it stayed there till the last day.

The Crown also had an HDMI input located on the back but it was very hard to. They had the TV mounted right against the wall on the shelf & you couldn't get your hand along side to plug the wire in. They also had it locked tight so it couldn't be swiveled even an inch. I had to use my wife's small mirror standing on a chair going over the top to reach it. Needless to say once it was plugged in it stayed there till the last day.

What a pain, you must have been a surgeon in a former life to perform that operation.

The Crown also had an HDMI input located on the back but it was very hard to. They had the TV mounted right against the wall on the shelf & you couldn't get your hand along side to plug the wire in. They also had it locked tight so it couldn't be swiveled even an inch.

Looks as if it was the same on the Star as pictured below.

2274389770016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

When we were on the Crown the TV's were mounted very close to the wall with hardly any clearance. Not even enough to squeeze you hand along side. They're also locked tight so they cannot be turned - even a little to gain access. It can be done but it takes some patients.

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/OLD_CRUISER/CROWN%20PRINCESS/DSC09537TV.jpg

The HDMI cable is on top of the photo.

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/OLD_CRUISER/CROWN%20PRINCESS/DSC09539TV.jpg

Archived