Coming Soon..NEW MDR MENUS AND ENHANCED DINING

I am a "trendsetter". ;)

My last cruise was on the Allure, in April. On the first night, I requested a large bowl of fresh berries for dessert. Emphasis on the LARGE.

Every night, another person said, oooooo, what's that?

By the end of the cruise, everyone at our table was ordering berries for dessert, and a couple of the tables around us had picked up on the trend.

You can thank me now.

:D

Freedom- 7/29/2012

it !

WHOOHOO will beon Freedom August 5 sailing, I will defiantely be looking at the menu since we rarely eat in the MDR anymore, may just need to make a MTD ressie afterall!!!

Dang looks like we may be headed back to the MDR. Crab legs at no additional charge? Nice.
ME TOO!!!!

Hmm, Maine lobster for $24.95? Just got back from Maine yesterday and soft shell 1-1/2 pound lobsters were selling for $5.25/lb to the public. I doubt RCI or any restaurant is paying that much :)

I was just reading an article that Maine Lobster is selling for record low prices right now. I probably wont be selling this cheap next year.

It's true! I was planning on not eating in the MDR at all on my upcoming Oasis cruise, but after hearing this I've changed my mind.

We are on the Allure next April and only planned to eat in the MDR 1 night because the other nights food just was not appealing.

With this new menu I think we will eat there 5 times and only do specialties twice. That new menu looks AMAZING.

I had to check that it was April 1st, just to be safe :cool:

I was just reading an article that Maine Lobster is selling for record low prices right now. I probably wont be selling this cheap next year.

Regardless of how low the market price for Maine lobster is right now, the price for a lobster dinner in a restaurant, even in the Northeast, is at least two to three times that price.

I'm so glad to hear this; not that I've ever had a major problem with the MDR food, but a change would be welcomed. Looks like it was a good idea to change the date of my sailing after all. I was originally suppose to sail on the Allure on Sept 2nd!

Regardless of how low the market price for Maine lobster is right now, the price for a lobster dinner in a restaurant, even in the Northeast, is at least two to three times that price.

Here in Northern Massachusetts (not far from Maine) my local supermarket has live lobsters for $3.99/lb, but local restaurants' "market price" is still around $20/lb-$30/lb.

Royal Caribbean will make an announcement tomorow, thru a TA webinar, to give a "taste' of some of the new things to come to the MDR.

It sure would be nice for Royal Caribbean to announce this to the public, as soon as they can, if this is really going to happen.

Let's face it.........Royal Caribbean lacks in food! Everyone agree with that statement?

Royal Caribbean knows it, and frankly, they are getting tired of reading all of the comment cards that tells them that they are a great line, except.........the food sucks! Well.......OK.....pick your own word.

So, food has become an issue. Someone got past the bean counter to the real head of the company.............and an experiment was born.

This will be fleet wide.. way before some dates mentioned here, and I will not publish anything..........before Royal Caribbean does.

What I can tell you..............it's going to be awesome!!:D:);)

Rick

.... but it seems RCCL is listening to that feedback along with the regular weekly comment cards.

...RCCL has used feedback from the guest comment cards, surveys...

This all sounds so good!!! Now if they would only read the comment cards when I fill it out each time begging them to ban smoking. Sorry to go off topic, OP :rolleyes:

If as reported, I see several additions that will be hits with my family:D

I'm especially interested in this idea of individual servings...I think this could be the key to better quality!

Now, onto the countless threads bemoaning what will be lost:rolleyes:

Sounds fantastic but forgive me if I remain skeptical at least until I see a formal announcement from RCI. From your lips to Adam Goldstein's and Richard Fain's ears, but it does seem far to good to be true, especially the entirety of the menu you describe.:) According to the implementation schedule you have posted, we should experience this new and improved menu when we are on the Jewel repositioning cruise in late October. We are sailing on the Jewel transatlantic cruise at the end of next month and will be looking for some confirmation at that time.

Bill, I sure hope it is true this is going to make this cruise even better:cool:;)

So I take it you will find out more on your TA cruise for us?:confused::eek:

I saw all of the cuts over the past 20 years. If this is true, they can keep the chocolates that used to be on the pillows. Some of us remember full lobster, escargot, baked alaska on the waiters' heads, and the midnight buffet with butter, ice, and chocolate sculptures. It will be like coming home to the real RC. I hope this is real and I will find out on Allure in November. Can't wait.

I too remember all those things that you were saying, and the midnight buffet was every night, and it was fun seeing the waiters with the baked Alaska on there heads, that is when we were spoiled:eek::D;)

Archived