Would You Like Adult Only Cruise With Royal Caribbean?

Would you like Royal Caribbean to provide adult only cruises  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Royal Caribbean to provide adult only cruises

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain in a post)

"Kids Will Be Kids!"

"Children should be seen and not heard!"

With the above in mind, the only times I have had problems with kids is when the kids had not been raised and trained properly by their parents or when the RCI Crew did not enforce the rules that are supposed keep kids under 16 out of the Solarium.

I know the places on the ships where the kids hang our and I can easily avoid them just as non-smokers avoid the smoking areas.

It is really sort of fun to watch the kids having fun! Especially on the the ships with dedicated pools for kids. At age 68, I marvel at their unlimited energy.

The problem with Kids in not the Kids, it is the Parents who let them run wild!

I think it is all about having options. I don't know that I would purposely seek out on an adults only cruise, but if all other factors were equal I would probably select the adults only option.

And a lot may have to do with the timing of our booking. On our last cruise we were seated in the MDR next to a table of fourteen (six adults and eight children). The children were loud and obnoxious and the parents were completely oblivious. We felt horrible for the staff because the adults just left them to deal with it.

While we agree that it is definitely the parents' fault for the children's behavior, if it was an adults only cruise we wouldn't have to worry about either group.

When we booked our next cruise for this year, we specifically chose a date that we thought would have less kids on board. For our next booking, it may not matter so much.

I think adult areas should remain adult only at all times!

###

I say build a big sling shot and whenever a kid, or kids, come into the Adult Only area, slingshot them over to the Disney ship:eek:

(only kiddin;))

Oh yes. Not that I've ever been bothered by kids to the extent of rage but I'd happily pay even a little extra for adult-only cruises.

I'm not a kid person and we'll never be parents so no point convincing me that I'll change my mind in a few years time ;)

The only time I have ever felt overwhelmed by kids was on a Carnival cruise. My own daughter has cruised all her life (Diamond on her own credits), and I have to say, we probably appreciate the RCCL product because they handle children well.

Folks on this board seem to take an isolated incident (OMG, there is a child in the Solarium!!) as a systemic problem. I've seen rude adults, poorly behaved children, entitled seniors, and every other behavior complained about on these boards, but it's not every ship or every cruise.

There is no screening test for guest behavior, and class does not come with money. People are people. No matter where you are, cruise or not, you will find people who don't share your views of appropriate behavior!

If they would enforce the adult only areas, I am okay with kids around (of course, we make sure we cruise during the school year :)). But since they don't (I don't think any cruise line does), I would enjoy and adult only cruise!

I agree!!!

More than 2/3 of the vote is for adult-only style. And yet, all the replies are about what great cruise companions the kids are.

Kids are fine, but what is wrong with having some adult alone time? And some space that is adult only?

When these kids grow up, and become adults; I wonder what they will think / feel about allowing kids in every venue out there?

Funny that people post 'we were once kids;' when I was a kid, I preferred the company of kids. As an adult, I don't hate kids but then again since I don't enjoy being around them usually (mostly indifference, with the occasional shrieking infant grating on my nerves) and a minority are quite annoying, I suppose all other things being equal, I might take the adult only option between 2 cruises.

Why 'maybe?' I want to know what else would change.

1.) I like mixed company. A group of women can be gossipy; a group of men can lapse into discussing sports, hunting or work. I'm not big on any of that. Mixed group culture suits my tastes more. Similarly, kids' presence 'seasons' the culture of the group. Is this good or bad?

2.) Is an 'adults only' cruise going to be 'adult' in other ways? Draw a bunch of people looking to 'hook up' (e.g.: like a singles cruise, swingers cruise as another poster mentioned), etc...?

3.) Will the comedy be more raunchy & blasphemous?

4.) Will the passengers be more profane - F-this and F-that, etc...?

While I don't particularly like having children around (especially in the group I'm interacting with, since a young child limits conversation topics to 'K through 12 appropriate' or whatever (I'm talking about topics, not profanity) and if the group focuses on the child it can feel vaguely like a sit in on the Barney show (if interacting with kids isn't your thing). But following up my mixed company point, will the conversation of an adults only cruise be better, or worse, or much different at all?

I believe in life & let live. If I have options, there are some types of people I'd prefer some distance from, while maintaining respect and no ill will.

Richard.

P.S.: How long before someone asks about 'Under 50' cruises for people who don't like the 'old people smell?':D

Edited by drrich2

For an Adults only cruise...or close to it.....this was the everyday scene on the Liberty of the Seas last November during her TA to Ft Lauderdale...The H2O Zone......the ship was Full and we were told there were only 43 children...where they were I have no idea.....So doing it again the Year on the Mariner OTS From Rome to Galveston. Then the next one after that...Freedom OTS April 7th...heart of Spring break...with the entire family...and I bet over 2000 children...Yikes..

Mike

138.jpg

P&O have 7 ships in their fleet at present and 3 are designated "Adult Only"

all year round

I was just going to point that out, that P&O Cruises do actually have 3 of their ships 'adult only', not select cruises as OP put in their post. It seems to work for them, but they have had designated ships for quite a while now.

On the topic of whether RCI should do it, I don't think there is any need to. On both of the cruises I have taken, both have been in UK school holiday time, and therefore both have probably had nearly 1000 children on board, over 1000 likely on Independence, and honestly both experiences were fine. The kids were all well behaved, and as long as the staff keep them where they should, and enforce the solarium rule, then I have no issue.

I don't have any need for an adult only cruise, because I haven't experienced anything bad about having kids on the ship. I think it also kind of adds to the experience. If they are enjoying themselves on the ship, it makes for a good atmosphere.

Edited by littlesteelo

I would love an adult only cruise!! DH and I were starving to meet people in our age range (35-45) on our last cruise but sadly most of the people we met were basically parents..:(

I don't quite understand how an adults-only cruise would change this? The simple reality is that most people in that age range *are* parents. Surely that's true pretty much anywhere you go? Maybe you meant that on an adult-only cruise there would be more people in the 35-45 bracket who left their kids at home, but since taking a vacation without the kids is a luxury unavailable to many parents of minor children, I'm not at all sure that would be true. More likely they just won't be there at all.