Buckets of Beer?

SweetpeaOne

We are leaving on the Star Princess really soon. My husband just read a review where the lays states they do not have buckets of beer. Just wondering if that is true.

Sorry...don't know what lays states means, but I believe I understand your question. Buckets of beer have been sold on every Princess cruise I have been on. Unless something has drastically changed, tell your husband to plan on it.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Just one little ole thing about walking around with a bucket of beer. Unless he has the caps removed at the bar, he will need a bottle opener. I got lucky and when I went back the bar tender had one opener left that he could let me have. (not all bottles have twist off tops)

Bob

Just one little ole thing about walking around with a bucket of beer. Unless he has the caps removed at the bar, he will need a bottle opener. I got lucky and when I went back the bar tender had one opener left that he could let me have. (not all bottles have twist off tops)

Bob

Just packed the bottle opener and the cork screw in the luggage.:)

I saw a bartender show someone a trick for doing it. He turned over one bottle and used the cap to remove the cap of another bottle. Unfortunately I didn't see it well enough to really describe it. Maybe someone else knows...

you would think the ship gift shop would sell bottle openers and have princess logo on them....i was unimpressed with the star princess gift shop styles were outdated and the only fresh new exciting area was the liquor area!!:)

who ever is the buyer for the gift shop needs to step it up....corp. needs to step it up also;)

I know we still had buckets last year on the Crown. I bought one every other day and put them in my fridge, in the bucket of ice. Kept the fridge colder too! Always had some bombers ready to go. Of course I always carry a bottle opener too, who doesn't! :)

I bought a opener on the Emerald a couple of years ago from the gift shop, it was only a couple of bucks.

I also came upon a coozie 16 oz. rubber sleeve with a opener already attached to the zipper that will fit on 16 oz. aluminum bottles. Very handy!

I got in in St. Thomas at Captain's Corner store on the main road in town, I think it was maybe $5.00.

And yes on the CB in January they had 5 beers in a bucket for approx. $25.00.

Steve

Archived