Catagory pricing Question

Reader0108598

Good morning

I am booked on the coral princess,in a BH GTY. Under the sundrenched sale when I sign in the BH and the BG Cat are the same price.

In the past I know princess would move you into the higher cat,

My TA says that I cannot do this on this sailing .

I am paying a little less than they are priced at now.

Just would like to know if this is correct.

As always thanks for your helpful advice:)

Reader

Good morning

I am booked on the coral princess,in a BH GTY. Under the sundrenched sale when I sign in the BH and the BG Cat are the same price.

As always thanks for your helpful advice:)

Reader

My distrust of TA's knowledge prompts me to suggest you have the TA call Princess and ask the question with you on the line.

Or you can call Princess and ask them the question and report back to your TA.

Okay took your advice, The TA is correct!

I would have to cancel & rebook to move up which in this case would cost me more money.

Nice to know this TA knows what she is talking about.

Thanks for your replies!

Reader

Most Princess sales are for new bookings only so when you see a sale like this, assume that's the case. Which means you have to cancel and re-book. And, when checking sale prices, check the conditions and fine print.

Since you are already paying less than the "sale" price, the only way to move to the higher category would be to pay the higher price.

Only if the "sale" price for the higher category was equal to or less than what you are already paying would Princess consider switching to that category and then only if the new sale was not restricted to new bookings only.

If you did switch to the current "sale" price, you would have the restrictions of the sale including losing your deposit if you need to change again.

Since you are already paying less than the "sale" price, the only way to move to the higher category would be to pay the higher price.

Only if the "sale" price for the higher category was equal to or less than what you are already paying would Princess consider switching to that category and then only if the new sale was not restricted to new bookings only.

If you did switch to the current "sale" price, you would have the restrictions of the sale including losing your deposit if you need to change again.

Gets confusing sometimes,that why i asked :) As I said in the past when two cat, were priced the same i have been moved into the higher cat.

I do understand the difference on this cruise, as for the sale restrictions .....

Flights are booked I am going on this cruise :)

Thanks for all the advice

Reader

Archived