Ft. Lauderdale - Hyatt Pier 66

Leosmom

Finally getting a chance to report back on our stay at the Hyatt.....it was great!

The grounds were just beautiful and the pool was large and maintained well. There were lots of lounges and areas in both the sun and in the shade under the trees.

We really enjoyed the hotel and even decided to "stay" at the Hyatt for our last day to just relax by the pool. We arrived before noon and had no problems checking in early (it was a Wednesday). When we checked in we were given a room by the pool but I requested a room on the second floor with a view of the marina as was recommended by quite a few posters. When we got to the room- 2235 I was a bit disappointed as it did not have a balcony. Apparently, and unknown to me, not all the marina rooms have balconies. This would have been fine if it was just one night but we were staying 3. A call to the desk to request a change to another room with a balcony was not a problem - we were told to wait in the room and they would call us. After waiting 15 minutes my husband went down to the desk and came back with the bellman who took us to our new room not too far down the walkway - 2212. When we first entered, the room was musty and slightly warm so we lowered the a/c temperature . I think that most likely, the room was not occupied for a few days and the a/c was turned off/raised and that is why it felt damp and musty. Within a few hours though, it was fine! The room itself was very clean and appeared to have been recently renovated/updated.

We would not hesitate to recommend the Hyatt Pier 66 and would stay there again. Having the Water Bus on the property was very convenient and the property is very tropical and beautiful. We did have a problem with the pool towels as we returned them and the ticket but was charged $80 on our final bill. We called the front desk and they removed the charges. The only thing I found negative and a bit unusual is that the check-in personnel was not as pleasant as I would expect for a 4 star hotel. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The area is a bit out of the way, but having the water bus, convenience store and liquor store across 17th St. was a plus.

Thanks to all for your help/advice, if anyone has any specific questions, I'll be glad to answer them,

Leosmom

I stayed at the Pier 66 in March of this year, purchased through Priceline. I did get a lanai room, but my room was not musty or damp. I had heard that the air conditioning unit in some of these rooms was loud, and I found this to be true in my room. The room was clean and well accomodated. Be aware that the lanai rooms are the farthest from the water taxi, a decent, but not taxing, walk. The only drawback I encountered in having a lanai room was that I had the misfortune to arrive during a heavy downpour. There is no way to get to the lanai rooms without being exposed to the elements. The bellhop & I got drenched!

I just got the Hyatt Pier 66 through Priceline for our post cruise stay on Friday, November 4th for $110. We're looking forward to this hotel stay as we've never been there and it seems to get pretty good reviews. Last year we were at the Renaissance and that was very nice although the pool area was really small. I understand that the pool area at the Hyatt is much nicer. :)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know of the approximate cost of a taxi from the airport to the Hyatt and then the cost of a taxi to Port Everglades? Also, are there any other restaurants close by? How about grocery stores etc where you can stock up before the cruise on soda etc?

thanks

Does anyone know of the approximate cost of a taxi from the airport to the Hyatt and then the cost of a taxi to Port Everglades? Also, are there any other restaurants close by? How about grocery stores etc where you can stock up before the cruise on soda etc?

thanks

Taxi from FLL to Hyatt Pier 66 should be between $10-15, less than $10 from Hyatt Pier 66 to Port Everglades (depends a bit on where your ship docks).

There are many restaurants across the SE 17th Street bridge, as well as grocery, drug stores, liquor stores, and everything else you could possibly want. It's probably a bit too far to walk for most, but shouldn't be more than a $5 cab ride.

Which is larger the patios on the ground floor or the balconies? Do both have tables and chairs? Thanks!

They're both pretty much the same size. Yes, they have tables and chairs. Great spot for that morning coffee or evening cocktail. ;)

You can take the water taxi from the Hyatt Pier 66 to Olas Blvd. for alot of eating and shopping options. The water taxi is great, its $5 per person and you can ride is all day for this one low price.

Does anyone know if the Hyatt provides transportation from the airport?

Thanks!

Hi, no the Hyatt does not provide any transportation. Cab ride is not far

though. About 10.00 from the airport to the Hotel if memory serves.

I stayed there last year.

FYI - Just got the Hyatt Pier 66 for Nov 6 for $95 + tax on Priceline.

Ron

Ron, I need to try and book a friend for the night of Nov 5. Was $95 your first bid, or did you "work your way up" with lower amounts being rejected?

Quick question please... When you say the water taxi is right there, do you mean @ the hotel, or do you need to walk a bit down the marina to across from the marriott? I believe we stayed here once b4, and I am just trying to make sure. It seems as if the water taxi stand was a long walk.

Thanks!

When would be a good time to start bidding on Priceline for a late Feb cruise out of Ft Lauderdale? We have never tried Priceline before but will be willing to do so since they do have the option of paying the extra $5 for trip insurance. If we can get a better deal, in a nicer hotel, it will be worth the while to go through Priceline.

Hi,

The cab fare for us from FLL airport to the Hyatt was $10.75 plus tip.

The cab fare from the Hyatt to the cruise ship pier was $6.25 plus tip.

The water bus was very easy to get to and very close - right on the end of the Hyatt property. From our East lanai room, it was an easy maybe 5 min. walk and is located right in back of the Pelican Bar at the end of the marina. We walked thru the parking lot and it seemed to be shorter that way. It is very hot there, though, as there is no shade.

It was a very good way to get to get to the beach near the hotel. The water bus guides are very friendly and helpful and will tell you all about the stops along the way. We went to the beach via the water bus and got off at stop # 5. from there it was a short walk to the beach-maybe 2 blocks. There are chair and umbrella rentals there but there are also trees along the beach if you want shade.

Right across the street from the HYatt on the 17th St. causeway is a gas station with a small mart and a Blimpies. Adjacent to that is a very small strip mall with a small liquor store for last minute purchases. All in all, the location is a bit out of the way, but having the water bus and mart nearby was very helpful. We really enjoyed our stay there and would go back the next time we are in Ft. Lauderdale!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived