Questions from a first time QM2'er

bbh228

Hi. I just booked the Fremantle to Cape Town 26 march 2013 cruise.

It's my first time so please help with some questions.

1. Kings court - do we have to pay for this in the evenings? Or just when they have special evenings?

2. Is tipping added to your on board account per day ?

3. Smoking in the cabins? I am a non smoker and heard you can smoke in Cabins ? Hope not. I have a balcony cabin. I am very prone to Asma with stale smoke or secondhand smoke...

Any advice would be appreciated ....

Regards

B

Hi. I just booked the Fremantle to Cape Town 26 march 2013 cruise.

It's my first time so please help with some questions.

1. Kings court - do we have to pay for this in the evenings? Or just when they have special evenings?

2. Is tipping added to your on board account per day ?

3. Smoking in the cabins? I am a non smoker and heard you can smoke in Cabins ? Hope not. I have a balcony cabin. I am very prone to Asma with stale smoke or secondhand smoke...

Any advice would be appreciated ....

Regards

B

1 You may have to pay in Kings Court for some special dinners but there will always be a section open with no extra charge.

2 Yes $11 per day in Britannia cabins

3 You can smoke in the cabin but hopefully this will not be an issue for you.

Where can I smoke on board?

The safety, comfort and enjoyment of all our guests on board has always been a key concern at Cunard. With this in mind, as a direct result of the feedback we have received from our guests, we have amended our policy with regards to smoking on Cunard ships. Smoking is no longer permitted inside any stateroom or public area with the exception of Churchill's Lounge and designated areas on the open decks on all ships and the upper level of G32 on Queen Mary 2. Smoking is permitted on private balconies.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/posmoking1

We were just on the QM2 and there is no smoking in the staterooms, only the balconies, and they request that people who do smoke on their balcony be respectful of their neighbors and limit their cigarettes. Cigarettes used to be allowed in Churchill's cigar lounge but that has been taken away and only cigars are allowed. The ship smells very clean now.

Archived