Malaga, Spain Disembarkation Question

scottam

Hello Everyone,

I'm working on booking our flights for our Nov cruise on Azamara Quest, roundtrip out of Malaga. I'm finding the only real options are a 9:30 am flight on the day of disembarkation, or spending the night for a flight the following day. All others require an overnight layover in Madrid. So, my question is, if the disembarkation time shown on the itinerary is 6:00 am, does that allow enough time for a 9:30 am flight or do we need to stay overnight?

Thanks for any input!

Tammy

Hello Everyone,

I'm working on booking our flights for our Nov cruise on Azamara Quest, roundtrip out of Malaga. I'm finding the only real options are a 9:30 am flight on the day of disembarkation, or spending the night for a flight the following day. All others require an overnight layover in Madrid. So, my question is, if the disembarkation time shown on the itinerary is 6:00 am, does that allow enough time for a 9:30 am flight or do we need to stay overnight?

We were on RCCL and they started to let people off by 6:30am. We didn't leave until about 8:00am and arrived at a hotel near the port by about 8:30 including collecting our luggage and taking a taxi. They have lots of taxis right outside the exit so no waiting.

I think it would be really tight and also depend on what day you arrive (rush hour traffic?), and I am not 100% sure but i think the airport is about 30 minutes from the port with no traffic. So there is a chance but I wouldn't do it! We stayed overnight in Malaga at the AC Hotel (with an amazing rooftop pool and bar) and enjoyed every minute of it.

You'll be off the ship with no problem at 7AM assuming you have to wait 30 minutes for a taxi, and the ride is 30 minutes. You'd be at the airport by 8:00AM. That should be fine for a 9:30AM flight.

Malaga is really a wonderful port though- much nicer than Gibraltar the previous port. I'd do an overnight there because there is much to see in the town just lovely place.

Thanks so much for the info! We have decided to stay for not 1, but 3 nights after our cruise. Staying 1 night has us leaving on a thurs, so we figured what's 1 more day of a work week? Might as well get another day and return on the weekend!

So no worries about getting to the airport now. Now I'm shopping for our hotel!

Thanks again!

Tammy

Thanks so much for the info! We have decided to stay for not 1, but 3 nights after our cruise. Staying 1 night has us leaving on a thurs, so we figured what's 1 more day of a work week? Might as well get another day and return on the weekend!

So no worries about getting to the airport now. Now I'm shopping for our hotel!

Thanks again!

Tammy

I think you have made a wonderful decision. Malaga is great and the train easily takes you to some of the towns close by and is very reliable:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived