What to do with pre-cruise souvenirs?

Mel&Ken

We're taking an eastern med cruise next September. Since the cruise starts on a Monday and ends on a Friday I see that as the perfect opportunity to spend 3 pre-cruise days in Venice and 3 post cruise days in Rome.

My concern is for all the stuff I buy in the 3 days pre-cruise. I'd rather not have to pack it all in my suitcase and lug it on the cruise only to sit there for 12 days - has anyone ever stored a bag at the train station or airport for an extended period of time? Is there any type of storage at the port?

And if there is....is it safe?

Many train stations have a "left luggage" service, not sure what the fees are these days - try googling. Will you be returning to Venice after your time in Rome?

Shipping home may be a better option.

Or take a collapsible bag that you could carry on your ship - there is plenty of storage.

Many train stations have a "left luggage" service, not sure what the fees are these days - try googling. Will you be returning to Venice after your time in Rome?

Shipping home may be a better option.

Or take a collapsible bag that you could carry on your ship - there is plenty of storage.

We spent 3 days in Rome and 3 days in Venice pre-cruise on the Breeze. I did most of my Christmas shopping in Venice YAY:D:D.

I took it with me. A friend who visit family in Italy often remarks that customs in Italy are different than the US and a shipment can take up to 6 weeks to get home. Best to take it with you. Carnival sells a collapsible bag that has wheels on the bottom but the handles don't work well for locking.

We have a collapsable canvas duffle bag that we purchased for $5-7 at a Walmart or Target. It zips around so that is stores very flat and can easily slide int the front pocket of a suitcase. Itnweighsnless than a pound. When it is time to come home, we expand the bag and stuff our bags of dirty laundry in it. We save luggage space for our souvies. :)

Thanks everyone for those suggestions.

That is what we did last year...brought an empty bag. I was just thinking of lugging 2 suitcases, 2 carry ons and an additional bag and it sounded exhausting! LOL

Having said that, I cherish every item I brought back last year and it was worth the effort. Really I suppose its only to/from the port and a final trip to the airport - I can "suffer" through it. :p

Thanks everyone for those suggestions.

That is what we did last year...brought an empty bag. I was just thinking of lugging 2 suitcases, 2 carry ons and an additional bag and it sounded exhausting! LOL

Having said that, I cherish every item I brought back last year and it was worth the effort. Really I suppose its only to/from the port and a final trip to the airport - I can "suffer" through it. :p

Especially over the bridges in Venice!:eek: You might consider staying at one of the hotels in Piazzalle Roma! No bridges to cross and a short walk to the people mover. :)

Archived