Zuiderdam May 2013 Fuel Fee Applied

Baileybasset

HAL PR & Joanne,

Thank you for posting & clarifying the extra assessment...

It seems to me that once we were given a small increase on board, but not sure when it was..

We're booked on the Prinsendam Jan 05 to S.A. & Antarctica.. I'm wondering if it's possible that we will have an increase in our Govt. Fees & Taxes too, or is this unique to Alaska?

Has anyone else ever been assessed an increase in Gov. fees other than Alaska ?

Betty

You are quite welcome Betty:)

And yes, we've had both additional Port Fees/Taxes applied to us in the Caribbean and even received a price reduction of some others. Have had it happen in Caribbean twice since November 2010 and Alaska twice also since 2008. Cannot tell you which Ports as I do not remember, but do know got the notifications each time via email.

Joanie

Thanks Lisa...That makes sense..So does HAL only offer a discount if you are on a Grand or World cruise & pay it early, or was this just a one shot deal this year?

Cheers...Betty

Betty, HAL has always (or at least for the last several years) offered a discount for early payment of Grand and World Voyages, much like Cyrstal does for all of their cruises :)

I live in Canada and book in US dollars because HAL's exchange rate to book in Canadian is not attractive. I am going to pay off our Nov cruise several weeks early because the bank rate is very favourable right now.

HAL PR & Joanne,

Thank you for posting & clarifying the extra assessment...

It seems to me that once we were given a small increase on board, but not sure when it was..

We're booked on the Prinsendam Jan 05 to S.A. & Antarctica.. I'm wondering if it's possible that we will have an increase in our Govt. Fees & Taxes too, or is this unique to Alaska?

Has anyone else ever been assessed an increase in Gov. fees other than Alaska ?

Betty

Betty - I remember being charged extra in South America as well as Europe. On the other hand, I have also been advised of an obc as port taxes decreased;) You could potentially have a small increase - when we did South America it wasn't substantial (I think maybe around $10 pp) - so no real biggie:)

Just made final payments on nov3 eurodam cruise and less than 2 per cabin was added due to additional govt and port charges. Almost laughed when travel agent broke it down to about 48 cents per person. Almost a literal nickel and dime charge.

Archived