Put your toothbrush in the safe? WHY??

mia10010

WOW ! ! by the looks of some of these posts there is a lot of paranoia going around . . . Holy Cow ! ! How do some of you people even manage to leave the house in the morning ? :D

Why? Do you think this stuff doesn't happen? It does.

Restaurant business in my younger years. This is a couple of things I have seen:

Waitress carrying a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. It all slides off the plate onto the floor. Owner makes her pick it up, put it all back on the plate and just put more marinara sauce on top.

Man sends steak back for the third time. Cook is irate. Takes a new third steak...throws it on the floor...stomps on it over and over again before throwing it on the grill.

Spitting in food and drinks? Happens over and over again. I could go on forever.

Nasty customers have NO idea what the waitstaff and kitchen staff does. OMG.

Needless to say....

I did a search here on cruise critic for a packing list a few days ago. I'm just going over it now, and I found the strangest thing listed under Cabin/Clothing Tips. It says:

"Lock your toothbrush in your safe when you leave your cabin." :eek:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but.............WHY???

people sometimes type the things they would do as a disgruntled employee. Wwe are lucky all people don't think like them. for some reason, they must think everyone is out to get them.

the good thing is, there are mostly good people in the world.

but pack a black light anyway.

Restaurant business in my younger years. This is a couple of things I have seen:

Waitress carrying a plate of spaghetti and meatballs. It all slides off the plate onto the floor. Owner makes her pick it up, put it all back on the plate and just put more marinara sauce on top.

Man sends steak back for the third time. Cook is irate. Takes a new third steak...throws it on the floor...stomps on it over and over again before throwing it on the grill.

Spitting in food and drinks? Happens over and over again. I could go on forever.

Needless to say....

and you saw this and didn't report them, even going as high as the law if there was a perceived "cover up" or allowed business practices?

now who's the guilty party?

and you saw this and didn't report them, even going as high as the law if there was a perceived "cover up" or allowed business practices?

now who's the guilty party?

I was 16 years old...a child. Stop being so judgmental. Of course, if I was an adult and saw this, I would have done something about it. Even if I had the knowledge to do so (which I didn't) WHO do you think would have been fired, me or a cook? This goes on EVERYDAY. For the people that think it does not...well, nuff said.

The purpose of the post, was for all of the people that do not think these things happen...DO!!!!!!!! Not to judge what a child did or did not do with what many people witness everyday in restaurants.

I was 16 years old...a child. Stop being so judgmental. Of course, if I was an adult and saw this, I would have done something about it.

The purpose of the post, was for all of the people that do not think these things happen...DO!!!!!!!!

your slience at any age condoned it. you should have even known that was wrong at half that age.

Even if I had the knowledge to do so (which I didn't) WHO do you think would have been fired, me or a cook? This goes on EVERYDAY. For the people that think it does not...well, nuff said.

being you're asking, only the cook, until it was revealed you knew and did nothing. then you should have been fired as well.

i had a schoolmate, who at 16, worked in a department store. he was fired when a theft ring was exposed just because he knew it was going on.

and i agreed then, as well as now.

Get off your high horse buddy. You are not my judge and jury. I am sure you were perfect when you were a child...right?

no, i am not. and realize we are discussing your action, not you.

are you at you current age defending these actions, or lack thereof?

WOW ! ! by the looks of some of these posts there is a lot of paranoia going around . . . Holy Cow ! ! How do some of you people even manage to leave the house in the morning ? :D

:thumbs up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you check out this page then scroll down to the comments you will see an apparent crew member discussing how they put visine in our food if we complain.

http://www.crew-center.com/most-annoying-things-cruise-ship-passengers-do-dining-room

We had a waiter on the FOS once who told us the same thing. At the time I thought it was a bit far fetched,now not so much.

so, would you prefer someone seeing a carnival employee scrubbing a carnival stateroom toilet remain silent?

Ridiculous! :(:(

My comment was in response to your remarks re "Suzie8862" who told what she observed when working in a restaurant at 16 yrs old.

I think you're just trying to run up your number of posts so you can appear as an Expert.

If you check out this page then scroll down to the comments you will see an apparent crew member discussing how they put visine in our food if we complain.

http://www.crew-center.com/most-annoying-things-cruise-ship-passengers-do-dining-room

We had a waiter on the FOS once who told us the same thing. At the time I thought it was a bit far fetched,now not so much.

i suppose that's good for those that like their steaks well done.

but i do hope someone can track down and identify such an individual.

Ridiculous! :(:(

My comment was in response to your remarks re "Suzie8862" who told what she observed when working in a restaurant at 16 yrs old.

I think you're just trying to run up your number of posts so you can appear as an Expert.

sure. that's why most people post.:rolleyes:

i certainly hope no one in your family was on the receiving end of that steak.

I always advise everyone to hide their toothbrush after I saw a show where the housekeeper took someones toothbrush to clean the toilet.

I have worked in restaurants where I have seen someone drop something on a floor and will try to serve it. However, I have always said something when I see it. So, it does happen although I have never seen a cook do something on purpose to the food.

Can't remember where I read this recently, but a guy calls up a store and asks to have a toothbrush sent to him. The clerk asks if he wants a cheaper toothbrush or a better quality one, to which the guy replies, "Better make it a good one - there's five of us in our room".:eek:

This is funny stuff...I think? I've honestly never worried about anything in my cabin but I haven't ever thought of getting locked in my safe before without my toothebrush! THat would be terrible. Lol.

Lesson here is "Be Nice to our Room Stewards"! It's so easy to do and they are usually awesome people.

On one cruise (no,I'm not saying which one) I was chatting with my room steward and we started discussing our children etc. etc. Overall, he was just amazing and so very sweet. It was just a pleasure to come down the hall and see his face. I told him how much I appreciated his friendliness and how much it added to my cruise and I told him that I was sorry that he had to deal with rude and ungrateful people (evidently the people in a nearby cabin were not very nice). While still smiling broadly he told me that "It's ok. I have ways of dealing with them." I didn't ask,only smiled back at him.

Be Nice People!

they broke into our cabin and stole everything but the camera phone how strange??????

Later as i was brushing my teeth was checking the phone and there was a picture of my toothbrush up his bum......

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say....

If I did anything like that at the restaurant I serve at I'd be fired on the spot. Not all restaurants contaminate food when customers make them angry.

Archived