Put your toothbrush in the safe? WHY??

mia10010

Lets be logicial.

The steward is not going to clean your toilet with your tooth brush.

It takes too long.

They will just dip it in the salt water.:p

that's the clue right there. if your toothbrush tastes salty, proceed with caution. :eek:

I'm not going to worry about this.

Who's to say they haven't used that nice fresh looking towel for something else

before it's placed in your room?

Scratched their ..... with the fork in the dining room?

Paranoia ... It can be a time consuming thing. I've got other things to do.

I'm not going to worry about this.

Who's to say they haven't used that nice fresh looking towel for something else

before it's placed in your room?

Scratched their ..... with the fork in the dining room?

Paranoia ... It can be a time consuming thing. I've got other things to do.

I've lived to the ripe old of "something", and I drank out of garden hoses, rode my bike without a helmet, my mother drank and smoked whilest pregnant with me (and my siblings), ate children's aspirin like they were candy, ate unwrapped halloween candy, and brushed my teeth with a toothbrush that was left in the bathroom whereever I was (home, hotel, cruise ship).

Like you said, paranoia is a waste of time.

Even at home our toothbrushes are in a special toothbrush house on the bathroom counter. They say bad things float around even when you flush.

I guess most of us seen that show where they proved that the air in the bathroom is not sanitary. I've long believed that, but I am a germaphobe(sp?). Our toothbrushes have always been stored in a case that is kept in the cabinet. When in hotels or cruise ships, I always keep my personal items stored so the houskeeper or cabin stewart does not have to move my things in order to do his or her job.

Go to Snopes dot com and search for tooth brush bandits:eek:

This is basically an urban legend with many versions having sprung up over the years including one in which the hotel housekeeper gets back at a difficult customer.

Here's a true story... I had an old roommate that I shared a house with some other guys ion college. He kicked one guy out of the house shortly after I moved out of state. Well he eventually found out that guy would stop by the house every day in the daytime when no one was there and shower and get ready for work. He left his toothbrush there every day. Well the roomie that owned the house found out and for the next few weeks the toothbrush was under his "stream" :eek: if you knwo what I mean...

So yeah it can and does happen, but maybe not by a hotel housekeeper...

Well he eventually found out that guy would stop by the house every day in the daytime when no one was there and shower and get ready for work. He left his toothbrush there every day.So yeah it can and does happen, but maybe not by a hotel housekeeper...

I'm sorry, I don't get it. :confused: What's wrong with doing this? He wasn't doing anything to anybody or hurting anyone or anything!! If he lived in the house as well, where else was he supossed to leave his toothbrush?

I believe the poster is saying the guy was kicked out, no longer living in the apt. He would still come by to shower, etc. Wasn't supposed to be there.

yes not paying his fair share and trying to buck the system

I believe the poster is saying the guy was kicked out, no longer living in the apt. He would still come by to shower, etc. Wasn't supposed to be there.

Correct he was evicted and told not to return, ever. I forgot to mention the food he was eating too. The guy was a real piece of work...

• 2 months later...
I did a search here on cruise critic for a packing list a few days ago. I'm just going over it now, and I found the strangest thing listed under Cabin/Clothing Tips. It says:

"Lock your toothbrush in your safe when you leave your cabin." :eek:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but.............WHY???

Ew!

And none of up have never scratched their back with the fork they were eating with,

because it reached.

I have to say that I have never done that and I asked a few family members and none of us have done it. Obviously, we are missing something, huh?:confused:

walrus.jpg

Re: the camera picture of the toothbrush in the bum.

This story has been around for 20 years, only before cell phones, the person saw it on their vacations pictures when they had them developed at home. To this day my husband will not leave his toothbrush in a bathroom when we travel. He has found many places to hide it, including the safe.

If you check out this page then scroll down to the comments you will see an apparent crew member discussing how they put visine in our food if we complain.

http://www.crew-center.com/most-annoying-things-cruise-ship-passengers-do-dining-room

We had a waiter on the FOS once who told us the same thing. At the time I thought it was a bit far fetched,now not so much.

I wonder if the comment on visine being put into food was removed. All I could find was one from a ships nurse directed "@Maria" apparently the one who posted about visine. & I could not find any comment from a Maria.

What does the visine do? Mess up your GI tract? It's a vasoconstrictor, but it seems like you'd have to use quite a bit to really do something if it's mixed up in food etc. I carry something similar - afrin - because I'm prone to nosebleeds, helps stop one really quick.

Archived