What would a 13 year old boy wear to dinner

golf43

We are going on the inspiration in July for a 5 night cruise. We have a 13 year old son and am just wondering what is the dress code for teenagers who come to the dining room with their parents.

My 13 DS wore hawaiian shirts and dockers some nights. On formal nights he wore a shirt and tie but I didn't buy his a suit coat.

Dockers, khakis, nice shirt, etc... T-shirts and the like probably wouldn't be appropriate. Formal nights, definitely a collared shirt and dressier type of pants.

A 13 year-old will look nice in a tux, suit and tie, or nice dress pants with a dress shirt and tie (with or without a jacket) on formal night. You have options, but it's never too early to start teaching them about appropriate attire for any given situation. :)

A 13 yr old boy will be fine wearing a nice shirt and pants formal or not.

A tie is not necessay if it makes him uncomfortable.

With all the crap you will see some adults getting by with, he'll look just fine!;)

My 13 yr old son never comes to dinner with his grandmother and I on cruises. He'd rather eat with his new friends he's met on the ship!! (Besides, he's much happier eating pizza, and cheesecake for desert!!)

My 17 year old hates dressing nice but does not mind putting on a nice suit for formal night. He also dresses in nice pants and shirt the other nights. We usually never miss a night in the dinning room. Good stuff!:D

I usually have the boys wear a suit and tie (I bring an extra shirt and tie for 2nd formal night but reuse the suit). When they were younger (21,15,12 and 1 now) they wore khaki's a button down and a blazer (traditional and boring I know) but we let them pick their ties, and we've had some real doozies. Have more pics of Gator, Noles, Spongebob, Snoopy and the Grinch than I care to admit. I wouldn't buy a suit bit if you have one and he'll wear it let him play grown up.

My boys wear a navy sportcoat, tan dress pants, and a shirt and tie for formal nights. On casual nights, they usally wear a Hawaiian shirt, polo, or a button down madras type of shirt. My older one likes to dress nice, so it isn't an issue (he actually likes shopping for ties). The little one (now 11) usually complains at home, but on the ship I think he likes all the attention he gets when he is dressed for dinner.

If he goes to the dining room with us, he will wear dockers and a golf shirt.

Of course it's up to you, but I encourage you to have him join you each night. He may want to leave after the main meal if there's something going on at camp, but the food is great and it's a nice time to have the whole family together. My boys cruised with us at ages 11 and 13 and 13 and 15; we'll be cruising again this June--they are 15 and 17 now. We've always expected them at dinner each night. They loved the food and it's nice to see them dressed neatly.:) Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

When my son was 13, he wore sportcoat and tie on formal nights, and dockers and golf shirt on other nights. However, times seem to be changing, and this is Carnival, not a more formal line like HAL or Celebrity. Carnival never enforces dress codes, so just about anything (other than shorts at night) is fine.

I just got back from the Legend and my 12 1/2 year old wore a suit on both formal nights and then wore nice slacks or khakis with a nice shirt the other nights. He ate dinner with us every night but usually skipped dessert to go to the disco. He had a blast.

Archived