Need a store between FLL and MIA that accepts preorders

ComeSailWithME

Hello,

We are flying onto FLL the morning of our cruise and sailing out of POM. We have arranged for a car service, who will stop along the way to a store of our choosing. We are traveling with a 1 year old, so we have several things we need to purchase. I know of stores here where you can create an order online and they will have it ready for you to just pick up. I think this option would be best, since we don't want to spend more than 15 minutes in the store but have a lot to get (see list below). Anyone know of any place like this?

Items needed:

Diapers

Wipes

Sunscreen

Shelf stable milk (preferably horizon organic milk)

Baby food

Freeze dried fruits

Wine

Bottled water

Dish soap

Bottle brush

(If possible) Sand toys & bubbles

I am afraid to think what is going to happen if you are late for some reason and are rushing to make your sailing.

You don't need bottled water. The water onboard ships is about the best, both in purity and taste, you can get.

We arrive in FLL at 9:30 am and have until 3 to make it to POM. We are leaving on the first flight out of our home town.

I would like it for my son, thanks.

Did you have a suggestion?

Walmart does this, but no wine.

Farm Stores also has this service, but there isn't one on the way from FLL to POM...you'd spend more time driving than just shopping at a grocery.

Walmart accepts phone orders and they will have it ready to just pick up and go?

Hello,

We are flying onto FLL the morning of our cruise and sailing out of POM. We have arranged for a car service, who will stop along the way to a store of our choosing. We are traveling with a 1 year old, so we have several things we need to purchase. I know of stores here where you can create an order online and they will have it ready for you to just pick up. I think this option would be best, since we don't want to spend more than 15 minutes in the store but have a lot to get (see list below). Anyone know of any place like this?

Items needed:

Diapers

Wipes

Sunscreen

Baby food

Freeze dried fruits

Wine

Bottled water

Dish soap

Bottle brush

Bring the freeze dried fruits and bottle brush with you. None of those items weigh much and won't take up space in your checked bag.

Everything else on your list can be purchased at CVS other than maybe the milk. They have milk on the ship, there's no reason to bring this along. CVS will provide a quick in and out. And yes, they sell wine at CVS in Florida (don't listen to the people who don't live in Florida when they tell you to go to a liquor store, they don't know what they are talking about). If you are picky you might not like the selection, it's mostly lower end stuff.

There is a CVS on Stirling Road off exit 22 southbound on I 95 that is about half a mile west of the exit, easy off and on. If you call them in advance and speak to a manager, they might be willing to have your order ready when you get there.

Bring the freeze dried fruits and bottle brush with you. None of those items weigh much and won't take up space in your checked bag.

Everything else on your list can be purchased at CVS other than maybe the milk. They have milk on the ship, there's no reason to bring this along. CVS will provide a quick in and out. And yes, they sell wine at CVS in Florida (don't listen to the people who don't live in Florida when they tell you to go to a liquor store, they don't know what they are talking about). If you are picky you might not like the selection, it's mostly lower end stuff.

There is a CVS on Stirling Road off exit 22 southbound on I 95 that is about half a mile west of the exit, easy off and on. If you call them in advance and speak to a manager, they might be willing to have your order ready when you get there.

It is my understanding that they do not carry whole milk, let alone organic whole milk. I am still nursing anyway, but considering weaning so if that happens, I will only feel comfortable giving him organic whole milk. Anyways, it may be a moot point.

I didn't even think of someplace like Walgreens or CVS. That would be much faster than a grocery store, anyway, so I do not mind just running in to grab everything I need. Thanks for the help!

It is my understanding that they do not carry whole milk, let alone organic whole milk. I am still nursing anyway, but considering weaning so if that happens, I will only feel comfortable giving him organic whole milk. Anyways, it may be a moot point.

I didn't even think of someplace like Walgreens or CVS. That would be much faster than a grocery store, anyway, so I do not mind just running in to grab everything I need. Thanks for the help!

I've got to run into CVS later today, I'll try to remember to see if they have organic whole milk.

Walmart accepts phone orders and they will have it ready to just pick up and go?

They accept web orders.

CVS will have everything on this list, except for maybe the organic milk.

I don't think you would take more than 15 minutes in a grocery or a drugstore. Particularly early on a weekend morning.

Depending on how much milk you think you will need, I would suggest you bring it invite you. If you are just introducing, you may not need as much as you think, no more then one package per day or so.

The Walgreens in my town carries the shelf stable Horizon, but only in chocolate and vanilla flavor, not plain. Unless you bring it, you might be out of luck on that one.

Hello,

Items needed:

Diapers

Wipes

Sunscreen

Baby food

Freeze dried fruits

Wine

Bottled water

Dish soap

Bottle brush

Slightly out of your way, but still in Fort Lauderdale (near the Embassy Suites) you will find the Harbor Shops (www.theharborshops.com), which includes both a Publix grocery store and a Total Wine -- I know TW accpets pre-orders and even if Publix does not you can find your items there fairly quickly and be on your way to POM. Publix has a reasonable wine selection, but TW is amazing! Good luck! :)

Archived