Would you ever refuse to pay for a shared private tour excursion?

stipmom

Yes, We are back to -15c :eek: weather!

You are in for a treat! Great ship!

When you go to the Lawn Grill, save room for the warm chocolate cookie desset! OMG soooo good!:D

Have fun!

Joanne

Thanks, glad you had a good time:D

I have organized many private tours (including chartering a catamaran in Tortola at a cost of about 2k), bus tours in Antigua, vans, etc etc. The only time I had problems was with two no shows for the Antigua trip (which was phenemonal). Ironically, the no shows were one of the women who fancies herself a big shot on cruise critic and her friend. We waited and searched for about 45 minutes for them. In the end, we were all happy they skipped ;).

Anyway, several rules I follow when arranging-first, get the cabin numbers of everyone involved. Second, meet ON THE SHIP, not on the dock or other area. That way, if someone is missing you can check on them. I also emhasize repeatedly that if they say they are going, they are making a commitment and will be expected to pay just as if it was a ship excursion.

All the trips I have arranged have turned out wonderfully-in large part because we are all cruise critic folks and usually have gotten to meet each other ahead of time at the Connections party and other events.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

You don't need a business to accept credit cards...there are many companies that will help an individual accept credit card payments...and accessories for iphones, etc so anyone can accept a credit card for anything.

When you accept credit cards, be it with Square or a major processor, you are bound by the Visa/MC regulations.. You would have stated what your primary purpose is ex selling hot dogs. If you use that merchant account to process "tour cancellation fees" (no you don't have to state it on the transaction .. I am just giving an example) it is a fraudulent transaction.. On the same vein, a company cannot just "help an individual accept a cc" ... well they can but It is considered a fraudulent charge. Read any card acceptance agreement. Period. And if you accept the charge you are then required to pay sales and use tax (or whatever your state has) and will get a tax form from the processor or square at the end of the year.

If this happened to Us we would not hesitate to "name & shame" them as they must have been on a forum of some sort to arrange an excursion in advance....

If the excursion was really that bad then I am pretty sure the other members would have felt the same way and negotiated a discount, at the very worst, the people who were unhappy could and should have made a "contribution" even 25% of the cost, it couldn`t have been 100% bad !!

How do people like that face people for the rest of the Cruise ????

Archived