Norwegian Epic - Dec. 8, 2012 - RT Miami

KansasCityGuys

• 4 weeks later...
I will be on this sailing. There is a large roll call here on cruise critic. Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367390. I'm the one setting up the meet and greet. It is scheduled for 12/9/12 at Cagneys. Tell me how many is in your party and I'll make sure I'll add you.

Thanks for the info; I am aware of the main roll call. What time is the Meet and Greet scheduled for? I normally do participate in the main Roll Call. This sailing for me will be a work and play cruise. I am going on a Seminar at Sea and don't want to commit myself to anything that might interfere with the seminar. However, I am pretty sure that friends of Dorothy would probably work into my schedule since they are normally either before or after dinner.

Scott

Thanks for the added info . . . I believe the first sea day, the session goes until noon. Do you know which Seminar at sea, I am talking about? I love the NCL brand; all in all a good rate plus to learn more about ncl as well as the consortium I belong to; it was a no brainer for me. Good luck with your group! It sounds like you will have your hands full.

Scott

Yep I know what Seminar at Sea your talking about. I love the NCL brand myself. Through their training I have had so far, it has really helped me sell their product. I think they offer the best training there is.

I really want to go to a seminar at sea but I have not made $5,000 in booking through them yet. Hopefully one day I will get a chance. Princess has pretty good training too, plus with Princess you get a free graduation cruise. Pretty cool.:cool:

Yep I know what Seminar at Sea your talking about. I love the NCL brand myself. Through their training I have had so far, it has really helped me sell their product. I think they offer the best training there is.

I really want to go to a seminar at sea but I have not made $5,000 in booking through them yet. Hopefully one day I will get a chance. Princess has pretty good training too, plus with Princess you get a free graduation cruise. Pretty cool.:cool:

I just found out on facebook, that there are multiple Seminars at Sea's on this sailing. I am not doing the PHd @Sea, but the Helix Smposium @ Sea!

Scott

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Scott... Nice to see you here on Cruise Critic as well. I know the "official" Meet & Greet is on the first sea day and you are busy with your symposium but I just wanted to let you know that we will also be having an "informal" one at Sail-Away. Hopefully you can stop by and say hello...

Michael

Hi Scott... Nice to see you here on Cruise Critic as well. I know the "official" Meet & Greet is on the first sea day and you are busy with your symposium but I just wanted to let you know that we will also be having an "informal" one at Sail-Away. Hopefully you can stop by and say hello...

Michael

Thanks . . . I am glad you found us, where are you guys meeting at for sail-a-way?

Scott

Hey Scott...where did you guys last cruise to?

This will be our forth cruise on NCL, but the first on the Epic. Last October, we took the 10 day Repo cruise out of New York on the Caribbean Princess to Ft. Lauderdale . . . We were suppose to go to San Juan, but because of the snow storm that was hitting the Northeast last year, we stayed in port and departed the following morning at 6am. Other ports we visited were St. Thomas, Aruba, Antigua.

Scott

Michael, I was bored earlier today, so I read through most of the thread for the main roll call for our cruise . . . it looks like you will have a good turnout for the Meet and Greet! When we were on the Caribbean Princess last year, we had about 100 people show up for the Meet and Greet. The weather was also nasty, I think that is what lead to the large turnout.

Where else have you guys cruised to. Did you have a good time in India?

Scott

We have done ALL of the Caribbean...and I do mean ALL of it. That's why we were thinking of just staying on the ship this time but then my ADD kicked in and I started looking for things to do. We are DEFINITELY going fence surfing in St. Maarten and now I'm looking into a private boat when we arrive in Nassau. I guess the group can have one day to relax when we are in St. Thomas...I don't care if I EVER see that island again. Last year, we cruised out of New Orleans (an adventure in itself) down to Belize, Cozumel, etc... That was fun. We also did a Mexice cruise on the Mariner a few years ago and had all of our Cruise Critter friends come out West instead of us always traveling east to cruise. Was nice to spend a few days before and after with them in OUR neck of the woods. Really looking forward to the Epic this time...especially our see-thru bathroom door...LOL

YES, LOVED INDIA....

I know, I am curious about those bathroom doors as well. Wouldn't be that bad when traveling with your partner, but I couldn't imagine if you were traveling with just friends. As for port days, our plan is to go right to the beach. Of these three islands, the only one we have not been to is St. Maarten's. We have been to enough Caribbean Islands; they start to look a like after a while.

Scott

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Have you guys done the Western Caribbean out of New Orleans?

We have been to New Orleans and we have done the Western Caribbean but have not out of New Orleans. We are kind of thinking about doing it in April on the Star.

The last time, we did the Western Caribbean; it was on the Norwegian Pearl in 2009; the cruise started out to be a disaster. Roatan was out first port and we were denied entry which after I heard of the reason; I was fine with it. Roatan was at a civil war with Honduras. Belize was our next port of call; a hurricane was hitting cuba, so cuba was wet, rainy, and windy for the day. That night; the seas were very rough. They had tied all the doors shut and everybody was forbidden to go outside. By the time we hit Cozumel, we had gotten out of the hurricanes path and the weather was gorgeous for this day and the rest of the cruise.

That is the life of cruising; we have had very few cruises where everything has gone according to plan and the weather being perfect for the entire cruise.

I drive Cory crazy at times! I am always planning two or three vacations out while he is more free going and would whether take it one at a time.

Scott

I have no idea what time Norwegian or the Epic scheduled Friends of Dorothy, these days. Personally, we always prefer the 7 to 7:30ish time frame. On our cruise lat year which was on the Caribbean Princess, we actually had two friends of Dorothy meeting time, none of which were the published times. The six couples of us who had met on CC prior to the cruise, all preferred the later meeting time with dinner following FOD. There were also some old farts on the cruise who were insistent on meeting at 4pm. I am 52 and Cory is 51 and I know the younger kids already consider us old trolls and one of the days we probably will be.

We do feel that FOD is an important aspect of any cruise and will always try to make the time frame work.

Scott

Archived