Can You Ever Go Wrong W/Suite SY GTY

bigjohn42

There are 12 of us going. We have 6 SY GTY, we have never done this before but thought we would give it a try. None of us have to be close to anyone so just thought what the heck, roll the dice and see what comes up. Anyone else ever do this?:)

On the Nieuw A some people might not like 5001 and 5002, all the way forward and HC. With 6 SY gty at least two cabins will be upgraded!

I was thinking the samething but checked HAL website and 5001 & 5002 were not showing as available/fingers crossed it stays that way. I think even if someone gets that cabin it should be just fine. :)

There are 12 of us going. We have 6 SY GTY, we have never done this before but thought we would give it a try. None of us have to be close to anyone so just thought what the heck, roll the dice and see what comes up. Anyone else ever do this?:)

No worries at all. Although after cabins are asssigned there may be folks who want to "trade" :rolleyes:

Huh. Are you allowed to trade? Was not aware this was even an option, kinda cool :)

Yes. While I said it tongue-in-cheek, it is possible to trade, but d it through the front desk so that keys (and credit cards) are properly assigned...

Nope nothing can go wrong as long as you are prepared to get the SY cabin you signed up for.

Nope nothing can go wrong as long as you are happy with your original cabin choice of an SY catagory.

We've booked 4 SY Guar. for a family cruise in 3 weeks - no assignments yet. I heard that all SYs have been assigned -so we get upgraded.

I think all possibilities are good -fingers crossed.

Hey Smart 4-2, would you let us know what you end up with? I'am curious:D

Have A great Cruise!!!!

Nope nothing can go wrong as long as you are happy with your original cabin choice of an SY catagory.

It's a Suite Right, it's all good :) We mostly only get the sy/ss suites, still a great room, just not as many perks as the deluxe. Have always loved them :)

I don't know that SY 5001/5002 would show up as they are HC cabins -- unless you indicate that you are looking for a HC cabin when you are checking inventory.

[i know you are not really looking for one - but if you indicated you were, then I think you will find out if those two are booked or not.]

The downside to 5001/5002 - DH requires a HC cabin so we've stayed in those - is that the balcony is small [like a VA] and the bathroom does not have the nice large sink area, just the small one like a VA has.

If those things don't bother you, then that's good! I know some are disappointed in the small balcony.

I don't know that SY 5001/5002 would show up as they are HC cabins -- unless you indicate that you are looking for a HC cabin when you are checking inventory.

[i know you are not really looking for one - but if you indicated you were, then I think you will find out if those two are booked or not.]

The downside to 5001/5002 - DH requires a HC cabin so we've stayed in those - is that the balcony is small [like a VA] and the bathroom does not have the nice large sink area, just the small one like a VA has.

If those things don't bother you, then that's good! I know some are disappointed in the small balcony.

HAL told me that yes, it is possible to wind up with either of those two cabins even if you do not require HC accessibililty if you book an SZ or SY Guarantee. As someone else mentioned, way too far forward for me to take a chance.

We've booked 4 SY Guar. for a family cruise in 3 weeks - no assignments yet. I heard that all SYs have been assigned -so we get upgraded.

I think all possibilities are good -fingers crossed.

We were assigned cabins today. 4 Gty SYs booked - 4 SSs assigned.

I'm pleased- 3 in a row and the fourth is across the width of the ship.

-Smart 4-2

-Smart 4-2

very nice - thanks for letting us know:D enjoy your cruise - you've got some nice digs:)

-Smart 4-2

very cool, thanks so much for the heads up, have a fantastic time and give us a review upon your return ......:)

very cool, thanks so much for the heads up, have a fantastic time and give us a review upon your return ......:)

Be prepared for a lot of email traffic if you are managing your group's booking.

Yesterday I first received an upsell offer for each of the 4cabins - I did not bite

A few hours later I received a confirmation for each cabin of the free upgrade from SY GNTE to SS.-- Great - we're happy with our cabins

Today I received a notice of reservation change - one sent to each of the 8 names on our trip. As far as I can see, our assignments are still the nice SSs, but I was worried for a while. I hope the last flurry of emails only reflected the original SSs - not a reassignment. Oh, the suspense of guarantee bookings

HAL has done a fine job of meeting our needs, but the auto computerized messages are confusing.

Smart 4-2

Archived