Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

It also shows that they haven't been banned umpteen times over the years.

You don't know that.

I've been told that a few of the "usual suspects" use more then one screen name right now.

And I have no problem with that.

How about you?

BTW if I have a real problem with someone I follow CC guidelines and report it, not post about it.

:eek:Do you have any idea how many cruises LHP has taken, solely on Carnival??? If you don't like her posts please just put her on ignore and leave your personal attacks off the boards.

Personal attacks are wrong period REGARDLESS of how many times someone has cruised.

See post #613.

If you have, say, 20,000 post and most of them is nothing but bashing Carnival how is that helpful?

When I see a really hight post count it seems like someone who cruises the iinternet a lot more then the ocean.

Your CC post count, in no way, shows how much cruising knowledge or how helpful you are.

It does show how much time you spend on the internet/CC.:D

nope. it's not post couunt alone. it's substance.

for example, if someone clicks on a random user name, and clicks all posts by "shipyard criuser", or any user name, and see no cruising advice, only critiques of other members posts and content, that person could be considered a troll.

The new program does NOT affect anyone who is Platinum or Diamond in any way.

As this program has not occured none of us know the effects will be. As it looks now the initial trial will have a limited number of slots available. But there is no guarantee that it will not expand greatly in the future. As Linda (LHP) has so accurately pointed out the opportunities for Carnival to screw this up are many. I hope they don't.

i guess you are not following what you are writing. by your own admissiin, you can stop saying this will not affect you.

I'm sure confused about your point.

How can a program that has not started affect me?

I have no plans to cruise on the two test ships at this time.

I will decide for sure after hearing from people involved in the test.

The rest is just noise to me.

At least you staying on topic. and not just posting personal attacks.

Thank you.

nope. it's not post couunt alone. it's substance.

for example, if someone clicks on a random user name, and clicks all posts by "shipyard criuser", or any user name, and see no cruising advice, only critiques of other members posts and content, that person could be considered a troll.

Who is "shipyard criuser"?

I take back what I said in the last post.

??????????????

BTW I'm not your "Chief".

Time for this thread to go.

I thought awhile back you said you were retired Navy . But I guess I have you confused with another poster..... Sorry

If you were you would Know what i was referring to;)

Personal attacks are wrong period REGARDLESS of how many times someone has cruised.

I agree with that. That wasn't my point for goodness sake. All I am saying is she is one who is affected by this change because she has a ton of cruises under her belt.

Jeeze How many times do I have to explain this??????:confused:

I agree with that. That wasn't my point for goodness sake. All I am saying is she is one who is affected by this change because she has a ton of cruises under her belt.

Also she was a proud defender of CCL for years.... So when she is complaining about things I tend to listen a little more to her opinioin.

Also she was a proud defender of CCL for years.... So when she is complaining about things I tend to listen a little more to her opinioin.

You would think that would be common sense, right???

It seems experienced cruisers are only good to newbies when the newbies have a question or issue that they need help with. Other than that we seem to be 'elitists' with high post counts. :rolleyes:

LOL! I didn't even think my comment needed a rebuttal. Alot of people are affected by this change including me.

LHP knows what she is talking about... when we arrived for embarkation yesterday for our Sensation cruise I was given a lowly ( LOL -- KIDDING HERE, REALLY!) Platinum card instead of Diamond. Cheryl did get the correct card. When we arrived in our cabin the info sheets with our names on it (and breakfast/lunch drink coupon) was for Platinum rather than Diamond.

*Not at all major issues, though you can see how easy it is for them to have glitches!*

Speaking of glitches... we received one of our two suitcases yesterday afternoon. On top of it was a letter that our other suitcase was being held by security as a "prohibited" item (FAN!) was noticed when they scanned it. Since it was locked, they needed me to come down and open it up. Let's just say that thus far they are still in possession of my fan - and I am not happy about it. **more on this at some later date, as it's OT here**

If and when this program is implemented fleet wide, there is NO WAY that it will not have some level of impact on a couple of the perks that Platinum and Diamond guests have earned. As to how noticeable this will be - probably very little to many, but there will be issues from time to time. The more they sell, they worse it has the potential of being. Again, if it goes fleet wide, I wonder just how well the "capacity control" feature will be utilized to REALLY make sure it does not reduce the quality of service.

Raining in Nassau right now, just sitting on our balcony enjoyed a view of the side of the Dream. On the other side of the Dream is the Destiny, and beyond that the Ecstasy. Looks like Carnival central here!!! We'll be giving the new Chef's Table menu a try on Saturday night - that should be fun, not to mention very filling! :)

Tom

LHP knows what she is talking about... when we arrived for embarkation yesterday for our Sensation cruise I was given a lowly ( LOL -- KIDDING HERE, REALLY!) Platinum card instead of Diamond. Cheryl did get the correct card. When we arrived in our cabin the info sheets with our names on it (and breakfast/lunch drink coupon) was for Platinum rather than Diamond.

*Not at all major issues, though you can see how easy it is for them to have glitches!*

Speaking of glitches... we received one of our two suitcases yesterday afternoon. On top of it was a letter that our other suitcase was being held by security as a "prohibited" item (FAN!) was noticed when they scanned it. Since it was locked, they needed me to come down and open it up. Let's just say that thus far they are still in possession of my fan - and I am not happy about it. **more on this at some later date, as it's OT here**

If and when this program is implemented fleet wide, there is NO WAY that it will not have some level of impact on a couple of the perks that Platinum and Diamond guests have earned. As to how noticeable this will be - probably very little to many, but there will be issues from time to time. The more they sell, they worse it has the potential of being. Again, if it goes fleet wide, I wonder just how well the "capacity control" feature will be utilized to REALLY make sure it does not reduce the quality of service.

Raining in Nassau right now, just sitting on our balcony enjoyed a view of the side of the Dream. On the other side of the Dream is the Destiny, and beyond that the Ecstasy. Looks like Carnival central here!!! We'll be giving the new Chef's Table menu a try on Saturday night - that should be fun, not to mention very filling! :)

Tom

Happy Birthday Cheryl!

Wish I was on the ship with ya!

Tom

It's pouring here in NY also - but I'd much rather be sitting on my ship's balcony than here in the house!!:p Have a great rest of cruise - good luck getting your fan back. It took me numerous trips to Guest Services to get my surge protector back! Enjoy the chef's table.

Tom

I'm not sure I understand your post... Are you saying that the new "Excursion" was sold on your current Sensation cruise and that the new program CAUSED you to be miss-categorized as Platinum rather than Diamond??? How did either of these cause your suitcase to be held in the Naughty room??? Sorry if I'm dense but I'm not understanding the connection here?????? :confused:

They always say they poll people...but I have never been asked nor has anyone I know that sails CCL (which is quite a lot of people)...not counting these boards. I wonder how many people here have been polled on this or any other matter????????????:confused:

or is that 'extensive guest survey' just bull?.....brilliant bull, of course :rolleyes:

We recieved an e-mail from Carnival maybe about 3 or 4 months ago and did take part in the survey.

We have been Platinum for a few years now.

The way I understand this whole deal is, the Platinum and Diamond will board 1st. Then the cruisers who pay the $50. Then general boarding. This is all after the wedding parties as it has always been.

I believe there will now be three lines at the pursers desk. One for the VIP's, one for the cruisers who paid the $50 and one for the general public. The priority tendering will go to VIP's first then the cruisers who paid the $50.

This is the part that's fuzzy to me.....I believe that the VIP's will get Zone 1 for debarkation and the cruisers who paid the $50 will get zone 2. All others will be debaked as always.

Archived