Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

I know you said you were doing a non-Carnival tour so you wanted to get off as early as possible. We are also doing a non-Carnival tour and need to get off early. My problem is I have a FTF pass and my friends, who are booked on the tour with me, do not.

You had FTF for all your cabins though, right? So, that didn't matter.

I was just hoping they could come with me on the priority boarding, so they wouldn't have to worry about not getting on the same tender as me b/c they are new cruisers. Its a shame though, I paid for an entire cabin, but I'm the only one in the cabin. I guess those are the breaks.

Can you explain to your friends that you purchased the pass and they won't be able to get off the ship with you? Maybe it will pursuade them to purchase it also for that reason.

I purchased it for my 2 cabins and my nephew and his friend purchased it also since I did so we can get onboard and tender together.

Why is everyone is such a hurry? That will be the day when I cough up my hard-earned money just to get on a ship I've already paid to get on!:confused:

But hey, whatever floats your boat...if you're happy, I'm happy! I just don't get it.

Why is everyone is such a hurry? That will be the day when I cough up my hard-earned money just to get on a ship I've already paid to get on!:confused:

But hey, whatever floats your boat...if you're happy, I'm happy! I just don't get it.

I think it really depends on how early you are able to get to the port, number of tenders (we never had to get or wait for the infamous tender ticket), if you are doing Carnival excursions and what ship you are going on. For us, from all the lines we saw and didn't have to wait on, $80 saved us at least about 6 hours of lines and headaches.....no exaggeration!

You don't have to 'get it'. For us the convenience is worth it!

I am personally ok with the idea. I don't yet get the perks on Carnival (4 cruises away from Platinum), but have them on RCI (Diamond). Either way I will get on the ship, sail, and return to home port. Everything else is fluff. Life is just too short to dwell on it.

MIZZ_K & the others who did the FTTF - How were you identified as a FTTF person? I'm asking specifically about tendering. I don't want to get mad at the FTTF people who get the priority tendering with the Platinum/Milestoners. TIA

There is a sticker on the back of your card.

Thanks for the update. I purchased the FTTF for my 2 rooms in November. Love the idea of dropping off those darn carry on bags. Did you use the FTTF for the tenders in Belize or Grand Caymans? I have non Carnival excursions and this was the main reason I bought the FTTF to get off the ship ASAP.

Why does it irk you? You are getting something that you earned for free that I'm paying $50 a room for. I would be saying...Ha! Ha! :D

I purchased my excursions through Carnival, so not sure how it works getting off with non Carnival excursions, in Belize my tour was at 9 and Grand Cayman 11, we met in the Venetian lounge and did not wait long.

Im just happy Im already platinum and dont have to pay my hard earned money for something IVE EARNED:D

Im just happy Im already platinum and dont have to pay my hard earned money for something IVE EARNED:D

You earned nothing.

You paid for each cruise you took.

So you only took the cruises to get the Platinum/Diamond benefits?

On many lines Suite cruises are extended extra perks.

Are you OK with that?

Are you angry because CCL lets the inside cabin people buy the extra perks just like Suite cruises on other lines.

pay for perks are here to stay , from theme parks to cruise lines

for people who like to get to the ship early its a great and to me a value..

while i get it for free , i do not get to the ship early any longer as its the only time i feel crowded .

i walk on late with no lines , no over packed lido deck trying to get food ,seats with rolling bags all over the place

we are going in december and the folks we are traveling with bought or buying the pkg and i say good for them

over packed lido deck trying to get food ,seats with rolling bags all over the place

This will be a sight to see. :eek:

On other cruises I've been on, as soon as we boarded, we were allowed to our cabin to drop our stuff off and enjoy a leisurely lunch or stroll around the ship without luggage in tow.

A few years back, we used to be able to drop our crap in our cabin as soon as we got on board.

Acouple or 3 years ago we had to start waiting until 1:30.

I think it's nice that Carnival is letting folks pay so they can drop their crap in the cabin earlier. Carnival is extending the privelege to the Patinum/Diamond folks also.

Getting on the 'boat' earlier is nice because.....the Lido deck bar is not crowded and there are plenty of tables to sit at and enjoy a quick lunch while watching all the other folks wander onto the Lido deck for the first time.

A few years back, we used to be able to drop our crap in our cabin as soon as we got on board.

Acouple or 3 years ago we had to start waiting until 1:30.

I think it's nice that Carnival is letting folks pay so they can drop their crap in the cabin earlier. Carnival is extending the privelege to the Patinum/Diamond folks also.

Getting on the 'boat' earlier is nice because.....the Lido deck bar is not crowded and there are plenty of tables to sit at and enjoy a quick lunch while watching all the other folks wander onto the Lido deck for the first time.

... and the earlier they get you onboard, the more drinks they hope you'll purchase! :)

Tom

I bought the FTF for our Feb Liberty cruise, I had booked a cheaper stingray tour for HMC just to get off the ship early. I cancelled that and just bought the FTF pass. It will be my first and last one because right after the Liberty we get on The Victory for 5 days and it well be my 10th cruise. My big queston is well they know its my 10th cruise?? Anyone have any info on how I find out?? I don't think anything more or less if people buy the FTF pass. I want it for us, our vacation and thats what I want!! So put that in your pipes and smoke it!! LOL Kidding everyone have a great day!! Lynn

will be my first and last one because right after the Liberty we get on The Victory for 5 days and it well be my 10th cruise. My big queston is well they know its my 10th cruise?? Anyone have any info on how I find out??

Hi Lynn, they will know but they won't have updated your cruise record yet. When you get on the Victory, they'll most likely give you a gold card. When you get onboard, go straight to the Purser's Desk and explain that you just got off a cruise and are turning Platinum on this one. They'll check and then give you your new Platinum card right away!! :D Also, make sure they have you on their list as Platinum or else won't get your Platinum gift or anything else you're entitled to. Enjoy your cruises!!!! :D

Sent from my iPad

Yes, we purchased a FTTF pass for each cabin and they were checking that we had done so for both rooms even at check in. Another great plus, which is not mentioned a lot, is that we were able to go to the priority customer service line. The regular line was usually very long.

For all of those purchasing these passes, we were able to use the excursion discount code for each pass, so in the end the pass only cost around $40 for each one if I remember correctly.

Thanks, this is what I thought. I guess they will just have to get up nice and early..........;)

Can you explain to your friends that you purchased the pass and they won't be able to get off the ship with you? Maybe it will pursuade them to purchase it also for that reason.

I purchased it for my 2 cabins and my nephew and his friend purchased it also since I did so we can get onboard and tender together.

It was sold out at the time. More showed up and I informed them, but I don't think they are interested. They purchased a Suite room and I think they think that is enough. Though I've explained it only gives them early embark. We will figure it out. I'm sure if they get in the tender ticket line early enough we can be on the same tender.

I bought the FTF for our Feb Liberty cruise, I had booked a cheaper stingray tour for HMC just to get off the ship early. I cancelled that and just bought the FTF pass. It will be my first and last one because right after the Liberty we get on The Victory for 5 days and it well be my 10th cruise. My big queston is well they know its my 10th cruise?? Anyone have any info on how I find out?? I don't think anything more or less if people buy the FTF pass. I want it for us, our vacation and thats what I want!! So put that in your pipes and smoke it!! LOL Kidding everyone have a great day!! Lynn

Your 10th cruise should already be in the system I believe. Print your fun pass and luggage tags for the 10th cruise & see if it has the VIFP on it. If it doesn't, I would call Carnival. You are supposed to be entitled to those benefits on the beginning of your 10th cruise.

Since basically this will be the 2nd leg of a B2B the documents probably won't show VIP because the computer systems won't update the completion of the 9th cruise in time. When there is enough time between cruise 9 and 10 then yes the documents will show VIP to begin with. So just like someone else mentioned, you'll need to go to guest services once on board. This same thing happened to my husband last year when we did a B2B and he hit platinum on the 2nd leg. :)

Any ideas about this?

These F2TF passes are supposed to be limited to 15 cabins per cruise but it has already been shown that that is not true.

Also, the passes are supposed to be limited even more or not available if there are a lot of Platinum/Diamond cruisers. Since this group sails frequently and books a lot of last minute cruises will the people that purchased the passes be told that they can't have the pass any more? (Not likely)

How long will this test period be since they are already being sold at least through next summer?

Will the Platinum/Diamond guests have to wait until the trial period is over before they get to officially go to their cabins early and have early luggage delivery?

Still a lot of unanswered questions but in answer to someone's post earlier, the F2TF people are not supposed to be able to use the VIP lounge but will have another line for them.

I also am wondering if platinum and diamond are currently getting early access to their rooms on ships that don't have FTTF? I'm on the Splendor 9-23 and I just wanted to know whether we can get rid of our carryon's right away. I've tried to look at different threads etc. but I'm still not sure if its implemented fleet wide for plat. and diamond. :confused:

Archived