Embassy suites remodel

Jiffymom

I called Embassy suites Ft Lauderdale because I read that in June of 2013 they will be doing some major remodel. Well the man says yes it will be real noisy. Has anyone any info on this. I was reserving for three night June 2013. Really looked forward to staying there. Kids would enjoy the pool and I all the amenities.

Maybe if someone is actually staying there they can ask and get the real scoop for me.

Why are you staying there three nights? It's fine for one night pre cruise but that is a really industrial area.

I think this is a sign that you should stay on the water. Even in the pool in June will be miserable with no ocean breeze. It's South Florida, It's summer, It's hot.

Roof renovations are taking place from June 13, 2012-August 31, 2012...Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm unless they are planning major renovations next year to the building...In this case hope you're an early riser and I would expect some major discounts during this time.

Why are you staying there three nights? It's fine for one night pre cruise but that is a really industrial area.

I think this is a sign that you should stay on the water. Even in the pool in June will be miserable with no ocean breeze. It's South Florida, It's summer, It's hot.

Embassy Suites on 17th St..an "industrial area"...sorry I disagree.

Embassy Suites on 17th St..an "industrial area"...sorry I disagree.

This isn't opinion, It's fact. That 17th street corridor is ground zero for the boatit world of North America and it's heavily industrial. I should kne as I owned a home on the water on Cordova.

This isn't opinion, It's fact. That 17th street corridor is ground zero for the boatit world of North America and it's heavily industrial. I should kne as I owned a home on the water on Cordova.

I'm sorry but you must be thinking of another hotel. The ES on 17th is in a very nice area. There are several nice resturants and shopping areas within easy walking distance as well. It is true that is in the heart of the yacht sales area. It's kind of nice walking around going between the yacht brokerage ffices and seeing all of the boats listed for sale. Then you can walk around back to the marinas and see all of these great boats.

Sorry..I still disagree with your "fact"..Compared to the many port areas I've been in, 17th street is still many notches above and I enjoy staying in that area...

I wouldn't call it an industrial area, but it is commercial. I agree with Herons that I would prefer staying at the beach. The prices are great in June and the beach is much more scenic than 17th St and much more fun to walk around at night. ES is an atrium hotel and any noise that enters into the atrium may echo, so roof work could be noisy.

I wouldn't call it an industrial area, but it is commercial. I agree with Herons that I would prefer staying at the beach. The prices are great in June and the beach is much more scenic than 17th St and much more fun to walk around at night. ES is an atrium hotel and any noise that enters into the atrium may echo, so roof work could be noisy.

Most hotels are in commercial areas..the OP was concerned with a pre-cruise stay..and for that 17th St. meets the needs of many. The roof renovations will be over by Aug. 31st so unless that's their time frame..no one should have any problems with an atrium designed hotel..I personally think this is a great feature of ES especially when weather can be a factor in Florida.

Archived