Passenger Vessel Services Act (PSVA Act) - Which combination?

Wilde_37

While technically the cruise line is fined, it is good for the passenger to worry about it as well as occasionally the cruise line accidentally allows illegal itineraries to be booked and down the road realizes the mistake. The passenger is then made to cancel one of the legs - possibly on short notice.

Or the passenger on the 2nd leg of their B2B, could possibly have to leave ship. That wouldn't be a good situation.

We didn't want to take the chance of that occuring, and decided not to book that B2B itinerary. There were too many unknowns.

Celebrity just confirmed that Option 1 is a non-runner as it violates the PVSA Act. They also confirmed that Option 2 is fine.

I am glad that you have had your confirmation and I look forward to you joining us on the rollcall for the Ensenada to Honolulu cruise.:D

Celebrity just confirmed that Option 1 is a non-runner as it violates the PVSA Act. They also confirmed that Option 2 is fine.

Which also confirms that the cruise that the Australian TA has packaged is also Illegal as it is identical but in reverse. There will be some fallout over that one.

Which also confirms that the cruise that the Australian TA has packaged is also Illegal as it is identical but in reverse. There will be some fallout over that one.

Yes, I suppose it depends on how long before the ?&%$ hits the fan. Time will tell.:D

Yes, I suppose it depends on how long before the ?&%$ hits the fan. Time will tell.:D

That would be sad for someone that already has their air. But the good thing is there are lots of coastals and Alaska cruises that they could probably switch to and not lose half their vacation.

Just had it confirmed in writing by Celebrity in the US that the back ti back is indeed in violation. I note on the Celebrity Australia terms and Conditions that if you have booked cruises in violations that you, the passenger , is liable for any lost money!!!

I rang the travel agent in OZ who had organised the package and they still don't believe me even though they know about the PSVA- they just don't understand it. When I said I had worked out their was a problem in a short time and that I was not a TA his reply was that they were"busy and did not have time for stuff like that."!!!! I'm sticking to US agents ! Jennie

Just had it confirmed in writing by Celebrity in the US that the back ti back is indeed in violation. I note on the Celebrity Australia terms and Conditions that if you have booked cruises in violations that you, the passenger , is liable for any lost money!!!

I rang the travel agent in OZ who had organised the package and they still don't believe me even though they know about the PSVA- they just don't understand it. When I said I had worked out their was a problem in a short time and that I was not a TA his reply was that they were"busy and did not have time for stuff like that."!!!! I'm sticking to US agents ! Jennie

That kind of sloppyness regarding what is essentially a very simple law is inexcusable. It's their JOB to know.

If I had booked this in good faith, and were out cash because of the agent's incompetence, I'd certainly hold them responsible. And expect appropriate compensation.

I am sorry that it has worked out badly for you. All I can say is perhaps some negotiation with the Ta will get you on another cruise or tour to help compensate. Good luck:D

This has truly become a world where no one wants to take responsibility, from the cruise line to the travel agent! It is certainly a BUYER BEWARE world.

Luckily, you found this out before booking air, etc. If there is a manager at the travel agency you used, I would email them with your experience!

Archived