Room Service in a Deluxe Veranda Suite

Pettifogger

Ladies, ladies, ladies - it really doesn't matter what the title is.

Personnally I resent any interyuption by some bozo who wants to know if I'm enjoying my dinner. I'm a big boy, if I'm not enjoying it he/she is going to hear about it!

While it is nice the ship's Culinary Officer (I assume you mean Culinary Operations Manager) was interested and checked on you, those sort of interruptions are not always welcome. Of course, he had the best of intentions but if we have chosen to have dinner in our cabin, it is highly likely we want privacy. We well may not be dressed appropriate for an Officer to visit, we may be lounging and to have a knock on our door might not be just what I want. :D

Yes, the room service manager (or whatever he was called) I do not recall, (the officer) came to check on us during delivery, during dinner and after. I, in my PJ's was pink in the face. LOL. It was all delivered at once.

There were 6 of us doing in room dining on the Zuiderdam. Prior to dinner, the table was set (beautifully), then the In room Chief (whatever the title is) came to check and then, another person came to double check and ask a couple of questions. (I don't remember the title but he was higher up).

After dinner he came back to inquire how the service, etc. was. :D My friends were very impressed:) We had all joked we would wear our pj's but actually we were dressed quite nicely - so we didn't mind at all.

Nahhhhh.....

I want someone to gain the weight for me. :D

Maybe someone to do my exercise for me on one of those horridly humid days. :)

I guess that I have been very efficient in that I just realized that I have already gained 5 lbs BEFORE I sail tomorrow! Yikes!:eek: I should have crossed THAT off my to do list! :D

(Gentlemen, close your eyes and don't read this: Menopause is awful!)

absolutely - this service is available to every cabin on HAL - a real plus IMO:)

I have ordered room service for dinner on other lines, for example, on Princess. It was delivered all at once. It was set up on the coffee table and we were able to view College Fjord from our cabin instead of missing it in the MDR.

My question is, can we have the dinner served on our category A aft verandah (not a suite) with table linen service? Is the table out there large enough?

Do we need to specify this, maybe through the "one touch concierge" service?

Thanks.

I have ordered room service for dinner on other lines, for example, on Princess. It was delivered all at once. It was set up on the coffee table and we were able to view College Fjord from our cabin instead of missing it in the MDR.

My question is, can we have the dinner served on our category A aft verandah (not a suite) with table linen service? Is the table out there large enough?

Thanks.

I thought the 'white table linen service' was restricted to the deluxe verandas - but I could be wrong:rolleyes: The table out there isn't that big - but I think you could manage two plates - it would be pretty hard to set it up for table linen service with the formal place settings I would think.

Kazu, I was afraid of that. Hopefully, someone here will prove us wrong.:)

In any case, I will be ordering room service for dinner at least once. We can just take our courses out to the verandah ourselves. Gotta take advantage of that upsell from an inside!

Kazu, I was afraid of that. Hopefully, someone here will prove us wrong.:)

In any case, I will be ordering room service for dinner at least once. We can just take our courses out to the verandah ourselves. Gotta take advantage of that upsell from an inside!

Unless you have a lot of room, I far prefer the regular room service and help yourself:) It's just easier IMO. But that's just me. :D They will put the tray on the verandah if you want:D

I guess that I have been very efficient in that I just realized that I have already gained 5 lbs BEFORE I sail tomorrow! Yikes!:eek: I should have crossed THAT off my to do list! :D

(Gentlemen, close your eyes and don't read this: Menopause is awful!)

IrishEileen

Only one who has been there can truly understand. :o Those of us who were slim our whole lives have a battle to remain reasonably so. "I hear you"......

Don't worry about it on your cruise. When you come home is plenty time enough to take on the issue.

Have a GREAT cruise and enjoy!!!

Thanks.

The verandah tables can't be set with linens etc They are very small.

Kazu's suggestion is the best. You may wish to leave the full tray inside your cabin and remove your dirty dishes from each course and get the next course from the tray.

Hope you enjoy your lovely dinner with beautiful views. :)

Every time we have ordered room service, we have received a call from the In Room Dining Service Manager to see if we wanted course by course dining, dining inside or outside on the veranda, or at the dining room table. We have always had impecable service, and the Manager has appeared at the beginning of each service to see if everything was as ordered. I applaude the In Service Dining room team. If the meal is not being served course by course, we phone when we are finished, and the plates are picked up promptly. When being served course by course, our waiter waits in the pantry area to make sure we have our privacy.

Archived