FL or Miami post cruise

kasijab

Hi all ...our cruise arrives in Fort Lauderdale and we fly out of Miami International. Have booked an extra day post cruise. Would you recommend staying in the FL area and taking a taxi to airport next day or going straight from the pier to Miami and staying there? Not sure what to do nor what is the best way to get from the FL to Miami.

Thanks for any advise.:D

Have you spent any time in either cities in the past? They are so totally different.

If you stay in South Beach, you'll experience the Miami you see a lot on tv and movies. Ft. L is famous as the "Venice of Florida", with it's waterways winding thru the city. And of course beaches are very nice in both.

Flying out of Miami...I would lean towards heading there after disembarking, especially if you have a morning flight out.

Note that the Miami airport is not near tourist areas or beach. I would go down to Miami beach, south beach area. Stay in one of the art deco hotels and enjoy lincoln road. It will put you closer to the airport for the next day.

Thanks all for the advise ....my flight is 17.25 out of Miami, so all day Wed (1st May) and Thurs morning available to do things. Never been to either place before, so really not sure what to do for the best. Also, how to get to Miami. Is a taxi cab the best way to go???

Where should we park to enjoy the day in south beach. We want to enjoy the water, shop and have lunch. I would love to get some advice. I understand there are many, many places to eat and shop. We love to look in higher priced stores but don't buy. Would love to eat at a lower to mid price lunch. We want good food so don't mind paying for it.

Thanks,

To bounce off of some of the previous posters: South Beach is the better option, more fun, more to do, and closer proximity to the airport. A good hotel there that’s affordable is the Congress Hotel South Beach. The architecture of the hotel is familiar to the Art Deco District, has a rooftop pool, and a restaurant out front that seats you right in the middle of the fun on Ocean Drive! The Congress Hotel South Beach’s website gives you insight to local attractions and special offers that are worth checking out.

Hi all ...our cruise arrives in Fort Lauderdale and we fly out of Miami International. Have booked an extra day post cruise. Would you recommend staying in the FL area and taking a taxi to airport next day or going straight from the pier to Miami and staying there? Not sure what to do nor what is the best way to get from the FL to Miami.

Thanks for any advise.:D

Our scenario exactly as well! We will be staying in Miami our post night. So much more to do there than FLL. I agree with the others....South Beach would be good for you if you've never been there.

Do you have kids with you? If you're renting a car, I would recommend a stop on the way from FLL to whereever you wind up: Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlour!!

I used to go there with my grandfather years ago, and the place hasn't changed a bit. Awesome giant hot dogs and amazing ice cream.

IIRC, it's only about 10 minutes from FLL, and worth the drive. Our next cruise is out of Port Canaveral, so we sadly won't be able to make the pilgrimage.

Archived