If I cancel a cruise with my TA - can I get my Open Passages Cert back?

Wilde_37

I booked a cruise with a TA - paid the balance of the deposit to them and transferred the Open Passages cert to the booking.

I am now thinking of cancelling the cruise and booking a different cruise directly with Celebrity. Can I get the Open Passages Cert returned and use it with the new booking with Celebrity?

You have to transfer the Open booking to another cruise to keep the reservation number. It has all the benefits attached to it which you will lose if you cancel it. You will have to find out how to get the TA to release your booking at give it back to X. Probably best to contact the Passages Desk or Captain's Club for the best/accurate into.

I feel I should'nt answer this, but cant help myself.

I had an open passage with celebrity, then turned it over to my TA.We booked a Transatlantic for 2013 , 12 days, with her . But for personal reasons decided to cancel that cruise and go with another that was a TA but 15 days instead of 12.

It was then we switched back to Celebrity. It took about 36-48 hrs for the TA to make the switch back to CC and have it back in their hands, OBC in tact etc. So yes it can be done. :D

I had an open passage with celebrity, then turned it over to my TA.We booked a Transatlantic for 2013 , 12 days, with her . But for personal reasons decided to cancel that cruise and go with another that was a TA but 15 days instead of 12.

It was then we switched back to Celebrity. It took about 36-48 hrs for the TA to make the switch back to CC and have it back in their hands, OBC in tact etc. So yes it can be done. :D

I'm confused..why wouldn't you answer the question?

Did you get the additional OBC because you went from a 12 night to a 15 night cruise?

To answer your ?. I dont like getting involved too much anymore , I sometimes read a thread but dont put my 2cents in. thats the only reason , nothing personal. I thought I would this time because I'ts not an opinion etc, but what I experienced. ...Joan.

Yes I did get the extra OBC, but not without some back and forth.

I reminded her that the $300 for 14 nights should be shown on my confirmation, but she asked where I got that # from. :( Now this is a celebrity rep dont forget. Anyway she said it was only $200. So I told her I was actually looking at the amount right on the back of my open passage certificate and read it to her. With that she said she would have to go and speak to someone else. When she came back she said I was right. :)

Thank you for helping me get my terminology right!! Thats another reason I dont like to reply very much anymore. I dont mind at all being corrected, we all need to from time to time, but I just have have a problem expressing myself . ......Thanks. ...Joan.

Us Two!

Please accept my apologies! I was just trying to clarify/expand a bit on your reply. Good on you to escalate to get that $300 OBC:D

There have been many posters who have struggled with the Passages program and a lot of the problems are with X's regular Customer Service and TA's. It would be normal to say - "I want to cancel this cruise and go on that one" The Passages desk would understand what you are trying to do but your TA might not and end up cancelling your OP and then asking for the full deposit on your new cruise and the OBC would be poof!!.

Cheers

Christine

Once you assign a cruise booking you are at the mercy of your travel agent. Under normal circumstances, Celebrity will not get involved with a TA booking.

Some TAs will charge a cancellation fee or simply refuse to transfer it back to Celebrity or another TA.

The simplest solution, unless you have an issue with the TA you booked, would be to transfer your cruise to a different date and or ship.

There are very few reasons to stick with Celebrity as your agent except ease of changing your mind. If you picked your TA wisely, you should be eligible for a matching credit from your TA as well.

Frances , apology acepted.:p In my older age ,things dont copute as farst as they used to. In fact I still call somethg a "thingy"when it's name wont come to mind!!!

Rgards the word REP thaI used,to me that aplies to allwho work for celebrity, as I run out of thier designated name,

You are not the first to correct me, re bunching up my paragrafs was an iritation to someone and I still dont do it right i'm sure ,but I'm diong my best as I pick away at theres keys. so goo dnight "whats ya name". Imsure well see each other on line and expect you to pity me. ;) ....Joan.

Thank you for helping me get my terminology right!! Thats another reason I dont like to reply very much anymore. I dont mind at all being corrected, we all need to from time to time, but I just have have a problem expressing myself . ......Thanks. ...Joan.

you are so correct with the way some people love to correct others. Oops, did I forget to capitalize the beginning of a sentence. I guess I will hear it now!!!!!

It seems to be from posters with thousands of post that are the first to correct. This adds to their post count. Some of us have better things to do.

If you read the certificate it will state that you lose the deposit if you cancel a cruise that used the certificate. You need to transfer it to book another cruise so you won't lose the money that you paid for it.

You can tranfer it to another cruise and still get the same OBC that you get for using that certificate and use it for your deposit. You will not get any additional benefits that are advertised for a new booking because it is not considered a new booking but one that has already been booked and transfered. I went thru this recently and learned all about the fine print.

If you originally booked a balcony and transfered it to a cruise with a inside you will not get the same OBC as you did with the balcony. You will get the OBC as outlined on the certificate for the cruise length, and category.

It may get a little tricky transferring without going thru the same TA, best to call X and talk to them about it and get it in writing.

Hope this helps answer your question.

At the end of the day we decided to stay with the same TA - they gave us extra OBC for the cruise we moved to. They transferred the booking from one cruise to another - the booking reference stayed the same. Therefore the open passages OBC stayed the same. Still don't know what would have happened if we decided to take the cruise with a different TA or through Celebrity - but happy that it is all sorted.

Archived