Pros and Cons of the Vision Class

What do you feel are the pros and cons of this class? Considering a 11-night Legend cruise in 2014 but I don't know anything about this class of ships.

I do know that Legend will be getting an update next year though.

Covered Solarium is a nice feature of Vision class ships.

Ok, first you should know that this is from someone who does NOT like the MEGA-Ships. Our favorite class is the Radiance Class because of the number of passengers vs size.

That's also why we love the Vision Class as well.

Plus, we have been cruising for a while now, and prefer the "Good Ol' Days" of criusing. The Vision Class is the older class, and the ships have the feel. They are quaint, and feel more personable to me. The staff seem to be the ones that were with the company a long time and are very friendly.

I like that the entertainment venues are in the midship area instead of the aft. I prefer the Windjammer design on the Radiance Class because there are "Islands" instead of Cafeteria Lines, but the Vision Class is nice.

Hope This Helps.

We had a wonderful Caribbean cruise on Legend of the Seas out of Santo Domingo a few years ago. If you have sailed on a Radiance class ship, you will find much that is familiar when you board a Vision class ship (lots of glass, a beautiful Centrum area and a solarium with a retractable glass roof but, until the revitalization is completed, a lack of concierge lounges on some). Among the things you might miss are the glass elevators facing the sea. Vision class ship deckplans vary slightly among themselves, with Legend and Splendour being laid out quite similarly, and Vision and Rhapsody being slightly different. Enchantment was stretched a few years back and a Chops Grille was added, so it is unique among that class. Grandeur is pretty much an unstretched Enchantment.

We have enjoyed our cruises on most of the Vision class ships and once they are refurbished and have all the various Oasis-type features added, they should be even more wonderful.

When Legend was sailing out of Santo Domingo, she was doing alternate itineraries every 7 nights and our biggest regret was not booking a back to back so we could enjoy such a wonderful ship while visiting a larger variety of ports.:)

Archived