Thank G-D we have cruise insurance!

stargate fan

Thank you for the well wishes, everyone.

I have been reading and researching until my eyes swim. My biggest concern is that I am very active. I take weight lifting classes (I only lift about 17 kg but my "mommy wings" are actually going away and my arms are developing some nice definition.) and go to the gym six days a week. I love to cook, which involves lots of chopping. We discovered zip lining this year and want to try kayaking. Not bad for a 51 year old gal!

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

If surgary is required I would recommend it 100% - it is all in the Dr. I had two complete tears that required my shoulder to be re-built and although it is not 100% (close to 96%) - I can do everything I use to be able to do. I was in a sling for 6-weeks and had to endure PT 3X a week for 6 months:eek:. It took over a year for full recovery - but do not regret anything - Best of luck and hopefully it may only require a little PT.

Hi, I hope the OP is doing well.

About the insurance.. Typically they only cover a medical cancellation if the doctor says unable to travel. Many report breaking bones, etc., and still being cleared to travel so insurance would not cover when they chose to cancel. It's what the medical opinion says.

If you have cancel for any reason insurance, then you get to decide if you want to cancel but that policy typically does not pay 100% and often is only a credit towards the next cruise.

It all depends on the policy, you have to know the details of the one you purchased.

Hi, I hope the OP is doing well.

About the insurance.. Typically they only cover a medical cancellation if the doctor says unable to travel. Many report breaking bones, etc., and still being cleared to travel so insurance would not cover when they chose to cancel. It's what the medical opinion says.

If you have cancel for any reason insurance, then you get to decide if you want to cancel but that policy typically does not pay 100% and often is only a credit towards the next cruise.

It all depends on the policy, you have to know the details of the one you purchased.

If, and that's a gigantic IF, we had to cancel, it would ONLY be because the dr. thinks I shouldn't travel, or need to stay home for physical therapy. I have a pretty high pain threshold. (I delivered two babies without medication, I only took ibuprofen after knee surgery, etc.) As long as I can hold a frozen drink in my left hand and float in Caribbean water, I'll be on that ship!!!

If, and that's a gigantic IF, we had to cancel, it would ONLY be because the dr. thinks I shouldn't travel, or need to stay home for physical therapy. I have a pretty high pain threshold. (I delivered two babies without medication, I only took ibuprofen after knee surgery, etc.) As long as I can hold a frozen drink in my left hand and float in Caribbean water, I'll be on that ship!!!

OP - speedy recovery so you can be on the Lido with that drink in hand!

So sorry about your tumble -- shoulders are the worst! As a nurse I always recommend people get a second opinion and begin with conservative tretament -- don't let them rush you to the OR until you have explored all options.

On the plus side -- see if they can fashion you a drink holder into your shoulder immobilizer!:D

Hope you feel better soon. My BF tripped over a speed bump in a Home Depot parking lot (i still laugh, i'm sorry)and two surgeries later, and she's still not right.

I crossed my fingers, and realized something, when I do it with my arthritus in my hands, it looks like a ballerina in death grips. Learn something new every day.

so april 13 the day BEFORE the cruise i wake up with vertigo,end u in the hospital in orlando. miss our 29 cruise. we never get insurance BUT dh had stents 4 of them in jan. and i got the insurance and didn't tell him. thank you God. leaving on saturday on the same ship, doing the same route. keep your fingers crossed for us.:) using the money we got back from the insurance company and paid for this one lol

I don't mind answering-I am always happy to educate others about Judaism.

We don't cross our fingers because crosses are associated with Christianity. (Churches, necklaces, rosaries, Jesus Christ, etc.)

Learn something new every day. Thanks for answering!!

I wish you a speedy recovery!!!

I slipped down my stairs. My left hand grabbed the railing but my right arm got dragged behind me. I heard a loud pop and immediately worried that I dislocated my shoulder. Thankfully I didn't, but I did partially tear my rotator cuff. Seeing a surgeon in a couple of days. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll say I only need PT. Star-of-David your fingers for me. (We're Jewish so we don't cross our fingers.)

Cruise is 53 days away. I WILL be embarking that cruise ship, even if I have to spend the week sitting by the pool and at the beach, frozen drinks in my left hand. (Oh, snap!)

Just in case, thank G-D we have insurance. So, insurance naysayers, you just never know when fate will descend upon you.

I broke my foot a few weeks before I was going on a cruise. I had to wear a walking boot. There was no way I was canceling my cruise I even danced with the stupid boot on lol. I hope you'll be able to go on yours. If they have you to PT just tell them you can't go that week.

I broke my foot a few weeks before I was going on a cruise. I had to wear a walking boot. There was no way I was canceling my cruise I even danced with the stupid boot on lol. I hope you'll be able to go on yours. If they have you to PT just tell them you can't go that week.

Most PTs will give you exercises you can do using equipment in the ship gym while you are away. That's what my DH did. We took a cruise while he was in PT prior to surgery and another one while he was still in PT 3 months afterward.

Cruise is 53 days away. I WILL be embarking that cruise ship, even if I have to spend the week sitting by the pool and at the beach, frozen drinks in my left hand. (Oh, snap!)

Just in case, thank G-D we have insurance. So, insurance naysayers, you just never know when fate will descend upon you.

Since you will be going on the cruise, what do you believe your cruise insurance will be paying you? You'e saying you paid for cruise insurance and the money was wasted, right?

Since you will be going on the cruise, what do you believe your cruise insurance will be paying you? You'e saying you paid for cruise insurance and the money was wasted, right?

I am being very optimistic about going. The only reason I would cancel is if the dr. said I couldn't travel. Then the insurance would reimburse us for cruise and air expenses. If we are going, obviously I wouldn't have to involve the insurance company at all.

Last year, two weeks before our cruise, my DH was hospitalized with chest pains (he had a heart attack 2 yrs prior). Once the DR's knew we were going on vacation (out of the country) he asked if we had cruise insurance. Which we did for that very reason. DH had to have a cath before we could get the all clear to leave the states. Better safe than sorry and I always get insurance because you just never know. P.S. we always always buy extended warranty on things we purchased. This past weekend our refrigerator we out. Warranty covered repairs plus we got $200 to replace the food items we lost. Not a bad deal!

My thoughts exactly. No one wishes ill on the OP so don't take this the wrong way, but the subject line, "Thank G-D we have cruise insurance!" seems inconsistent with the body of the posting. Assuming the OP gets to go on the cruise, it is sort of like saying, "Thank G-D I had auto insurance" because the car next to mine got stolen and it could have been me, even though it wasn't and I don't need to use the insurance.

The OP's subsequent post doesn't seem to clear up this point.

huh go figure...being a Jew as well I had no idea about the finger cross. We are reformed so that could be why LOL...

Hope all is goes well and you should have waited until 54 days before your cruise to have this happen!!

Good news! While I do have a small tear in my rotator cuff, the surgeon said it is not affecting me. He thinks a strained muscle in my neck is causing me the issues. I have exercises to do. Should the pain get really bad, we will re-evaluate. Now I am not in much pain at all, another thank G-D.

Phew! Pride, here we come!!!

My thoughts exactly. No one wishes ill on the OP so don't take this the wrong way, but the subject line, "Thank G-D we have cruise insurance!" seems inconsistent with the body of the posting. Assuming the OP gets to go on the cruise, it is sort of like saying, "Thank G-D I had auto insurance" because the car next to mine got stolen and it could have been me, even though it wasn't and I don't need to use the insurance.

The OP's subsequent post doesn't seem to clear up this point.

I am confused. While I have every intention of embarking that cruise ship, the surgeon, whom I had not yet seen when I started this thread, would have had the final say. Hence, thank G-D we have cruise insurance. Should I have added "just in case"? If we had not purchased it and I would have needed surgery, we would have been out a boatload (pun intended) of money.

Since I don't need surgery, and I don't need to file an insurance claim because the surgeon said that I'm fine to travel, life is good.

Shalom. Peace.

Archived