Virgin airline.

amberben

Virgin in London did not even weigh our carry ons to fly home. On the flight, however, to London from Boston, the carry ons were weighed. I weighed them at home to make sure they were under the ridiculous limit of 13 pounds. My brother, however, had to move stuff to his checked bags. Hint: I had a backpack, and they did not bat an eye. Everything on wheels was weighed.

Has anyone flown from the UK lately on a Virgin plane..? I would like to know how strict they are on Carry on suitcase size please.?? Many thanks

The size?

I think on balance they are more strict with size than weight, but every now and again they weigh your carry-on as well.

The problem with size is if a few people bring over size carry-ons and get in the plane first, there is no room for the proper size carry-on most pax fly with. Between DW and me, we bring one regulation size carry-on between us, and too often have had to go searching for an overhead spot up and down the plane. This is less true now since they tightened up.

So please ensure your bag is regulation size. It really is big enough to bring essentials. It isn't meant to bring on the kitchen sink.:eek:

This is like asking, "The speed limit on Main Street is 45mph. I'd like to know how strict the city police are; can I do 50? "....with the response "No problem, I did 60 on Main last week and the cops ignored me".

Depends on the cops, their mood, and what the Captain told them before they went on patrol.

Very Strict. On check in from UK to Capetown they weighed it. I had my Camera in it and it weighed 9KG. They would not give me a carry on sticker. Took the camera out and was below limit.

From MCO to UK they did a spot check. So no constancy.

The reason I asked is becuase I have bought a new Cabin suticase. It says it is for all airlines including EasyJet and Ryanair but once I had bought it I read on the Virgin website it was 4cm wider one way and 4 cm smaller the other.! All the other airlines except the size it is..!

I f anyone has flown from uk to Florida I would like to know if the really measure your hand luggage? or is there measurement stand the same size as other airlines.

Many thanks to those who have answered. And please if anyone else is going with Virgin or been could you help me please.?

xx

I f anyone has flown from uk to Florida I would like to know if the really measure your hand luggage? or is there measurement stand the same size as other airlines.

Many thanks to those who have answered. And please if anyone else is going with Virgin or been could you help me please.?

xx

Sounds like you're choosing to ignore the several first-hand responses you requested, and keep asking until someone says what you want to hear? :confused:

And please if anyone else is going with Virgin or been could you help me please.?

xx

Doesn't matter what anyone else's experiences have been. Your experience could be completely different. I can definately tell you they may or may not measure it.

Archived