SeaTac to Vanvouver-is this possible?

jesusfreak7

We are flying in on a Thursday and will arrive Seattle at 3:00pm. Is there a bus/shuttle service that runs that late to Vancouver? Our ship leaves from Vancouver on Friday. There will be 9 of us. We looked into renting a car, but that just wasn't feasible. Or, would it be best to spend the night in Seattle and catch a shuttle early the next morning to board the ship? Thanks!

why not take the evening train to Vancouver from Seattle? You have lots of time. There are several 'express' buses that make no stops other than the border. Boltbus.com or amtrak.com will give you some choices.

quickcoach.com

is the shuttle from

Seatac

We are flying in on a Thursday and will arrive Seattle at 3:00pm. Is there a bus/shuttle service that runs that late to Vancouver? Our ship leaves from Vancouver on Friday. There will be 9 of us. We looked into renting a car, but that just wasn't feasible. Or, would it be best to spend the night in Seattle and catch a shuttle early the next morning to board the ship? Thanks!

Amtrak have a late departure 5:52pm out of Tukwila (closer to SEA) / 6:50pm out of downtown Seattle.

QuickCoach have 5pm and 6:30pm out of SEA airport for Vancouver

BoltBus have an 8pm from downtown Seattle.

Great! Thanks for the options. I was just thinking that if we stayed in Seattle we could visit Pike's Market that evening then head to Vancouver Friday morning. I was just worried about timing and if we'd have plenty of time... Ship leaves at 4:00 I believe.

Great! Thanks for the options. I was just thinking that if we stayed in Seattle we could visit Pike's Market that evening then head to Vancouver Friday morning. I was just worried about timing and if we'd have plenty of time... Ship leaves at 4:00 I believe.

The Market pretty much closes up at 5pm. I'd head to Vancouver to overnight. In the morning, rent bikes or just walk along the seawall at Stanley Park. Don't be in a rush to board your ship ... you've got a week onboard so enjoy Vanc in the limited time that you have.

www.pikeplacemarket.org

I also recommend Quick Shuttle. A friend used them to come from SEA-TAC to Vancouver, quick and easy. WiFi onboard the bus, too! Anyway, if your ship leaves at 4:00 pm, you need to be checked in by 2:30 pm, so I would get there as early as possible if you are going in the morning. Remember, the first day onboard is a day you've paid for. We like to arrive at the pier around 10:30 am and start the check-in process. This gives us time to explore the ship and have lunch.

Here is the link for your consideration:

http://quickcoach.com/schedule.htm <---click here

The evening train is a good option but you won't arrive in Vancouver until 10:50PM. So I guess it depends on whether or not you want to travel at night or in the morning.

We're pre-cruising in Seattle for 2 nights and then heading to Vancouver on the morning of our cruise. :)

The evening train is a good option but you won't arrive in Vancouver until 10:50PM. So I guess it depends on whether or not you want to travel at night or in the morning.

depends when they're travelling. In June and July it's light until almost 10pm. But we're losing daylight quickly now; it's dark around 8:30pm.

May 23, 2013 is when we plan on flying in. Looks like the easiest would be to take shuttle/bus straight from airport to Vancouver the Thursday night we fly in. Then just try and find a reasonable priced hotel near shuttle drop off. Then board ship Friday before noon... From what I understand, looks like quick shuttle is the only bus that actually leaves from sea-tac, is that correct?

May 23, 2013 is when we plan on flying in. Looks like the easiest would be to take shuttle/bus straight from airport to Vancouver the Thursday night we fly in. Then just try and find a reasonable priced hotel near shuttle drop off. Then board ship Friday before noon... From what I understand, looks like quick shuttle is the only bus that actually leaves from sea-tac, is that correct?

The [evening] Amtrak can be boarded close to Seatac at the Tukwila station (about 3 miles, vs 15 into downtown Seattle)

The [evening] Amtrak can be boarded close to Seatac at the Tukwila station (about 3 miles, vs 15 into downtown Seattle)

True in terms of distance, maybe not so much in terms of accessiblity. If not taking a cab, getting to the Sounder/Amtrak Tukwila station from the airport takes 45 minutes and a transfer. Going to King Street Station downtown is one 35 minute straight shot on the light rail.

Amtrak itself lists the preferred method for transferring to SeaTac to and from Cascades service trains as the light rail from Seattle, not via Tukwila.

Thanks for the info! I'm thinking with as many people that will be with us (9- and two of them our moms), it will probably be best to do the most convenient. I'm thinking we should stick with boarding a shuttle bus at sea-tac and heading to Vancouver that evening.. Sure is going to make for one long day though!

depends when they're travelling. In June and July it's light until almost 10pm. But we're losing daylight quickly now; it's dark around 8:30pm.

Wasn't thinking about the darkness as much as the time of day. Coming from the east coast and traveling for 9 hours is enough - without adding another 4 and travel to the hotel. Especially since 10:50 pm is 1:50 am to our internal clocks ;) I want to enjoy the train ride after some down time in Seattle - not after a long day of travel. Not to mention that Delta may not get me to Seattle on time :(

please check the times for the market online. i think they close at 6pm. by the time the plane lands, you get your luggage and get downtown you will have a very short time too see the market. of course there are wonderful places too eat and see downtown other than the market. the light rail is very easy too get too ( follow the signs at the airport ) and get off at the last stop.

Archived